Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Confederation of the Rhine

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Confederation of the Rhine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Confederation of the Rhine - 12/17/2007 4:16:44 AM   
chuckj118

I fiddled with creating the Confederation of the Rhine (CoR) last night and really had some problems with it. There were:

1) When the CoR is created all "factors" in production for its Free State components are destroyed...um...why it that?
2) On the production phase that you create CoR the money and manpower is set to zero...one again...why? Is this to keep you from double producing?
3) Finally, I only got 1 PP for creating the CoR. Of course, I had gotten quite a few PP from freeing some of the component parts earlier on.

Something needs to be done about the loss of units in production and loss of quarters production...these make the CoR a bit expensive. Do we need to make production occur first using the separate Free States and Major Power...then have CoR created without production for that turn? This would work fine except your production for the FS is destroyed. If FS units are saved and a message stating that all FS production should be done first would work fine for me.
Post #: 1
RE: Confederation of the Rhine - 12/17/2007 5:46:09 AM   
Thresh

if you create a kingdom in an economic phase month, say in june, you do not get to build anything for june.

not sure why. 

todd

(in reply to chuckj118)
Post #: 2
RE: Confederation of the Rhine - 12/17/2007 3:46:26 PM   
bresh

Its how its described in the manual.
So not really a bug, maybe a wish later.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to Thresh)
Post #: 3
RE: Confederation of the Rhine - 12/17/2007 8:41:18 PM   
dauphan129

Actually the reason why is (I think) because your MP has already collected the Money and Man Power for the Conq Minors before you get to the New Political Combinations step. Therefore, when you create a Kingdom your MP gets that last tax off them. This is also the reason why things that were Free states in the new combo don't keep there Money and Man Power.

Historically think of it like this: Napolean (or whomever) declares his Feild Marshal Murat to be the new King of the Confederation of the Rhine. The former King of the free state of Bavaria (Now downgraded to just the Duke of Bavaria if he wasn't killed and replaced) takes the last taxes raised, lines his coffers to steel (not steal) up for the few hard months coming while the regime changes (after all he doesn't want his people to go without while things are getting shuffled around and no one knows what is going on or how to order things) then three months later the new King levies new Taxes on all the Provinces and starts raising troops loyal to the Confederacy rather than to there home states.

As far as the corps I think they always stood down in a new political combo. Probably for the same reason. You don't want soldjers that will only fight for Bavaria, you want soldjers that will fight for the Conf. of Rhine! I am a little more shakey on this last premise though without my rules in hand but that seems logical.

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 4
RE: Confederation of the Rhine - 12/18/2007 6:32:10 PM   
chuckj118

I think your correct dauphan129 about the production.  But I really don't see why a new political situation would force the standing down of all existing forces...this didn't occur historically.

(in reply to dauphan129)
Post #: 5
RE: Confederation of the Rhine - 12/18/2007 8:51:18 PM   
dauphan129

Be that as it may, I am looking at the manual now and it states (fifth paragraph under the section on Conf of the Rhine):

quote:

Any purchases made for a Free State minor country before it becomes a component of the Confederation of the Rhine is lost when the Kingdom is created.

I am almsot positive this was in the original Pen and Paper too. Anyway, that makes this not a bug.

(in reply to chuckj118)
Post #: 6
RE: Confederation of the Rhine - 12/18/2007 9:14:33 PM   
DodgyDave

I have been looking at the manual for the boardgame, sofare not found any referrence to deleting anything a minor is producing, if later made into kingdom.

Steps there is from A to K

Step E, your nation and minors buy troops
Step I, you setup kingdoms!

So if Bavaria and Hesse is kingdoms at step E, they produce troops and if they later in step I, becomes part of the confederation of the Rhine, then nothing in rules say these troops become void nor does it say, that they become part of the new kingdom, but since you get to keep your current troops, i dont see any reasons why you cant produce for minors first and then add those for the kingdom.

but any conq´s should contribute to the major power first and then be added to kingdom later.

(in reply to dauphan129)
Post #: 7
RE: Confederation of the Rhine - 12/18/2007 9:48:26 PM   
dauphan129

It does say that in the rules PDF that comes with the EIANW game though. See my quote above. I did re-read the rules on EIA the board game and you would be correct there.

(in reply to DodgyDave)
Post #: 8
RE: Confederation of the Rhine - 12/18/2007 10:02:56 PM   
DodgyDave

perhaps something in the EIH rules perhaps, so they thought thats how it was in the original game as well :)

one part to consider as well is, they have done away with the phase steps really, boardgame economic afterall had 11 steps. Still dont see why it should be difficult for the pc to keep track of it still, produce for hesse and bavaria and then turn those into Confederation of the Rhine.

< Message edited by DodgyDave -- 12/18/2007 10:06:15 PM >

(in reply to dauphan129)
Post #: 9
RE: Confederation of the Rhine - 12/18/2007 11:13:50 PM   
chuckj118

I agree with Dodgy.  This game is supposed to be a "simulation" of the historical period in question ... stating the the error is consistant with the manual doesn't make it correct.  It does mean that it's not a bug I suppose, just a design error or flaw.  The current setup makes the CoR very unlikely if very many of the free states have been around for long.  Why kill 60+ pts of troops for the CoR?

The board game didn't do this btw.  I need to pull my old manuals out of the basement. 

(in reply to DodgyDave)
Post #: 10
CoTR status flag issue - 12/18/2007 11:14:15 PM   
Grognot

Observation, either bug or unintuitive design --

When a foolhardy Russian cossack blitzed through some undefended CoTR provinces of mine, Russia took control (for one turn only...) but there were no 'Russia wuz here' / conquered markers, or for that matter any conquered-markers.  The 'control' field in the province descs did say 'Russia'.

(in reply to DodgyDave)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Confederation of the Rhine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI