Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wake and Midway

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Wake and Midway Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wake and Midway - 1/31/2008 1:33:36 AM   
John 3rd

Wake and Midway

Attachment (1)

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 91
Central Pacific - 1/31/2008 1:46:41 AM   
John 3rd

Arc of Islands

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 92
RE: Central Pacific - 1/31/2008 3:09:53 AM   
Big B

John, a very stout defense indeed.

It seems to me your game will ultimately revolve around autvictory in 1943.  I "think" your window for victory will be the next few months.  If you get autovictory before summer of 43 - that's it.
If Canoerebel can survive past then, I think the USA industrial machine will make the game a long bloody struggle until "The Bomb", mass B-29 groups, and advanced fighters decide it.

An excellently played game - and I believe one of the relatively few that may see Oz conquered.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 93
The Marshall Islands - 1/31/2008 4:02:56 AM   
John 3rd

The Marshalls

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 94
RE: The Marshall Islands - 1/31/2008 4:08:06 AM   
John 3rd

Thank you Brian.

I have been trying to figure out why I have done so well in Australia?  It seems to me that Dan's decision to not really FIGHT anywhere really provoked the Grand Campaign.  I wanted ti simply protect the DEI by taking those NW Aussie towns but when they fell so easily, I committed more troops and more and more...

Adelaide will take a while to reduce.  This will give Dan time to figure out his next Fortress.  I will take Hobart and Devonport within two weeks.  Taking Rockhampton will occur at the same time and that force will move NORTH grab everything above that town.  Barring a powerful counterattack--Dan's ONLY real hope I think, I will be poised to move on Melbourne or Sydney by October 20th or so.

We'll see...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 95
RE: The Marshall Islands - 1/31/2008 6:15:39 AM   
USSAmerica

I need to go refill my popcorn and soda. 

Don't take Sydney until I get back. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 96
RE: The Marshall Islands - 1/31/2008 2:22:44 PM   
ny59giants

quote:

I have been trying to figure out why I have done so well in Australia? It seems to me that Dan's decision to not really FIGHT anywhere really provoked the Grand Campaign. I wanted ti simply protect the DEI by taking those NW Aussie towns but when they fell so easily, I committed more troops and more and more...

Adelaide will take a while to reduce. This will give Dan time to figure out his next Fortress. I will take Hobart and Devonport within two weeks. Taking Rockhampton will occur at the same time and that force will move NORTH grab everything above that town. Barring a powerful counterattack--Dan's ONLY real hope I think, I will be poised to move on Melbourne or Sydney by October 20th or so.

If Dan did not try to evac any BF and/or engineeer units from PI and Java, then he did not have enough organic units on Australia to build up his fort levels. Second, you cut off his LOC from USA and thus no moving BF to Australia made a bad situation worse. I don't know how much supply and oil he moved from Aden down the western map edge to Perth and beyond. In his game against Miller it was easy for him to hold onto northern Oz and launch attacks from there. You try to isolate that area and attack it shortly after Luzon falls.

Right now, you need to ensure Adelaide is isolated and begun to be reduced while you shift your attention to the east coast. Eliminate all units north of Rockhampton and then take Brisbane before moving further south. I would isolate Sydney first as you have more bases to base your LBA from and then do so with Melbourne. Finally, you can decide which of the two urban bases to concentrate on first. Encouarge him to continue the a2a battles as that will decrease his supplies faster if he uses his bombers to try to keep you busy. Just stay away from those Beauforts.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 97
RE: The Marshall Islands - 1/31/2008 6:01:50 PM   
John 3rd

Cogent advice as always!  I look forward to our travails as opponents Michael!

For the true assault to begin with at Adelaide I need 2 things:
1.  More supply--I have a TF with 40,000 supply due to arrive at Whyalla in about 4 days.
2.  Bigger AF--Whyalla just went to Sz-3 and Broken Hill is almost Sz-2.  I need Sz-4 and Sz-3 to stage large groups of bombers.  At Alice Springs and Kalgoorlie I have over 250 Sally and Helen tan, rested, and ready for the job.

The KB blocks the door to the east and NZ.  Perth blocks the door in the west to India.  What Dan has in theatre is ALL he will get for the foreseeable future!

Once I have Hobart and Devonport I will shift the 2nd Inf Div to Rockhampton to strengthen my Northern attack.

I have decided to move the 4th Mix Reg out of Broken Hill and advance it aways to see if there is ANYTHING blocking my path.  I will recon the smaller towns around Melbourne and Sydney and--probably--begin to pick them off with my Paras. 

Other Threats:
1.  Burma  Dan has a good amount of troops up there and now he has realized that I am not going to attack there.  This will mean more reinforcements moving into this theatre.  I have the 38th Inf Div from Manila unloading in Rangoon as we speak.  It with another Brigade will form my tactical reserve.  SHOULD be able to hold!  Having aerial superiority here helps a TON!

2.  DEI  The chances of a coutnerattack here are quite slim but I am keeping a reserve of aircraft at Singapore just in case.  Roughly 2 Sentai of Fighters, 100 Lily, and 2 Daitai of Betty are located here refitting and resting up.

3.  Cent Pac  You have seen my deployments.  I am gradually moving Betty and Zero into the Kwajalein area.  I pulled 3 Daitai of Zero from Burma just last turn.  They will train for a week to 10 days in the Central Philippines and then move out.

4.  Papeate  To save Australia Dan MUST come through here.  It is a tough nut to crack and has strong airpower within it as well.

5.  China  I think Dan will attempt something here as a distraction.  He knows I have pulled a number of troops from this area and Manchuria to support my Pacific and Aussie attacks.  Logical target is Nanchang.  I think I am ready for that chance.  There is 3,500 A.S. there, with an ambush detachment of 1,500 A.S. waiting SE of the city and I have aerial supremacy...

I will post Screen Shots of Burma, China, and Papeate later today with the details.    

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 98
The Aussies are Pressed into a Corner! - 2/1/2008 6:12:55 AM   
John 3rd

Combat Report
September 26-29, 1942

I am going to focus on Australia in this update.  My 16-month old son in headed for sleepy time and my 4-year old is doing his puzzles prior to his sleepy time so I will try to make this quick!

I cannot begin to describe the sense of doom that Dan must be feeling in Australia.  While I haven't taken any of the big three cities (Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney), the Aussies must feel like they are being totally hemmed in.

Sitrep

Engineering  The key is getting my AF expanded so I can bring in 250+ bombers to begin pounding the Aussies.
Whyalla--AF 3 headed towards AF 4 within a week or so.
Broken Hill--AF 2 headed towards AF 3 with a day or two.

Adelaide
Completely hemmed in by 6 Inf Div, an Inf Brig, an Eng Reg, and 4 Brig of Artillery.  I haven't tried anything exciting because my supplies are very low.  I have 4 Tk Regiment to the east and SE of the city preventing escape to Melbourne.

Hobart
Began landing with the 2nd Inf Div on the 25th and the city falls on the 26th.  Immediately move 2nd ID towards Devonport to finsh the job.  Once Devonport is gone, the 2nd ID will be picked up and moved to Rockhapton to join the northern arm of my offensive.  An Aviation Regiment is being airlifted from Whyalla to Devonport so aircraft can be operated in larger numbers (AF-3).  Mini-KB docks there and replennnishes its sorties on the 27th.  A Replennishment TF of 4 AO starts unloading there on the 29th.

Rockhampton
The Invasion Force for this location begins to unload the day that Hobart falls to NO OPPOSITION from the air.  I have a BB Bombardment TF hit it.  Mutsu, Ise, and Hyuga sink 2 MSW and an AP in port and the base falls on the 27th.  In grabbing thsi base, I bisect eastern Australia.  Nothing can pass southwards to link up with the garrisions of Sydney and Melbourne!  The landing comprised the 56th Inf Div, a Brigade, Art Reg, and an Eng Reg.  Follow-on TF will begin landing on the 30th adding 2 small BF, an Army HQ, and another Art Reg.  In about 10 days another five units will land there from Manchuria.

Cooktown
A small TF lands an Aviation Regiment there on the 29th.  It will fall on the 30th.  I will pick that unit back up and drop it off at Rockhampton so I can fly 150+ planes out of there ASAP!

Aerial Fighting
Throughout these days, the Aussie AF continues to try to interdict.  Dan--finally--changes his bombers over to ground attack and they start hitting my units at Adelaide and Broken Hill.  It is rough but shant last long once I get my AF beefed up.  His bombers are getting REALLY tired as some are starting to turn away when they lose a plane or two.

The KB
I spread my CVs out in a long arc to catch ships that are trying to flee this trap.  dan sends them out in 2-3 ship TF and they are pounced on!  Down go 1 DMS, 3 TK, 2 MSW, 2 DD, and an AP.  I don't get all of them but he stops this after the second day.

The CVs need fuel and replennishment.  I send Hiryu/Soryu/Ryujo to Noumea where they do just that on the 27th.  An immediate turn around occurs and once they take up station on the 30th, I will bring 3 more CVs back to that base.  There are 3 AO with each TF right now so fuel isn't TOO big of a concern.

I'll post a screen shot of all this in a few minutes.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 99
Southern Australia Sept 30, 1942 - 2/1/2008 4:32:00 PM   
John 3rd

After 8-10 hours--instead of a few minutes--here is Southern Australia. I'll provide eastern Australia in a bit.

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 100
Eastern Australia Sept 30, 1942 - 2/1/2008 4:39:04 PM   
John 3rd

and the east...

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 101
RE: Eastern Australia Sept 30, 1942 - 2/1/2008 7:34:56 PM   
USSAmerica

Boy, I sure hope Mynok is not reading your AAR! 

Mike

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 102
RE: Wake and Midway - 2/1/2008 8:37:52 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Holy Heck!

Prime Minister Curtin is going to have a tough re-election fight, unless he can appeal to your Oriental demographic.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 103
RE: Wake and Midway - 2/1/2008 10:56:23 PM   
AdmNelson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Holy Heck!

Prime Minister Curtin is going to have a tough re-election fight, unless he can appeal to your Oriental demographic.

Do Australians allow kanagroos to vote? They seam to always be naming them like kids.

Very Proud Marine Dad

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 104
The Stalingrad of China! - 2/2/2008 6:30:07 PM   
John 3rd

Dan has launched a massive attack by 40+ Chinese units directly at Nanchang. My recon had spotted this army about 2 weeks ago and I began to make preparations for an attack. As the screen shot below shows, I have substantial forces within the city that SHOULD withstand the Chinese assault.

Gamplan:
I intend to take a page from the Soviet Union at this exact time! Let Dan get to Nanchang and hit it a couple of times. Once he is entangled within the city, I shall strike from the North and South of his salient. Three Inf Div sit to the NW and a like amount sit to the SW of nanchang. They will be tasked with cutting his supply line and trapping his army.

As you can see in the screenshot I also have substantial aerial assets in place to beat up on his units as the days pass...

Operational Concept thoughts???

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 2/2/2008 6:31:14 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to AdmNelson)
Post #: 105
RE: The Stalingrad of China! - 2/2/2008 6:35:18 PM   
John 3rd

Hey Mandrake!  I hadn't noticed your post until after I put this one up.

This game is SLIGHTLY different then ours isn't it!  Nate and I wish we could restart our campaign now that we now how evil and devious you and your Allie are.  I took things too lightly to start with and now have to fight from a very deep hole.

When AE comes out perhaps we can try it again???

Mike--Why would Mynok want to look at this?  Does he need evil Japanese help??? 

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 106
RE: The Stalingrad of China! - 2/2/2008 7:08:18 PM   
AdmNelson

John

I don't how strong the Unit(s) next to Canton is? If you can recon Wuchow and then attack Wuchow, you would then threaten Henchow from two axes. Which, also would threaten Changsha. Maybe you pocket the Army in Changsha.It doesn't hurt to open up the highway between Canton and Hanoi. It is a land route you will need long term to support Burma or allow movement back from Burma.

Very Proud Marine Dad

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 107
How did I lose Djambi, Sumatra? - 2/2/2008 7:12:57 PM   
John 3rd

I was slowly scrolling around the map about 7 turns ago and spotted that Djambi, Sumatra had suddenly returned to Allied control! This must of happened with an Allied fragment left over from my Spring conquest of the area.

This situation led me to re-examine the DEI and make some redeployments. With all my attention and firepower in Australia I have tended to overlook this my resource region. Djambi has changed that.

I have pulled the last of my available victors from Manila and am spreading them throughout Sumatra and my resource centers. I am moving a small Construction Battalion to every resource center in the DEI and several Engineer Regiments as well as a couple of large Nvl Guard units to Sumatra. This should strengthen these areas as well as allow me to build-up their Ports, AF, and Forts...

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 108
RE: The Stalingrad of China! - 2/2/2008 8:43:16 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Hey Mandrake!  I hadn't noticed your post until after I put this one up.

This game is SLIGHTLY different then ours isn't it!  Nate and I wish we could restart our campaign now that we now how evil and devious you and your Allie are.  I took things too lightly to start with and now have to fight from a very deep hole.

When AE comes out perhaps we can try it again???

Mike--Why would Mynok want to look at this?  Does he need evil Japanese help??? 

John, Mynok needs absolutely zero help playing the evil Japanese. I don't want him to see what you've done and get even more evil genius ideas.

Mike

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 109
Combat Report Sept 26-Oct 4, 1942 - 2/3/2008 12:52:28 AM   
John 3rd

Combat Report
September 26-October 4, 1942

We enter into the 11 month of the war with Japan continuing to hound the Allies from an--apparent--position of strength.  I emphasize apparent due to a couple of real and several percieved challenges by the Allies to the Empire of Japan.

Let us proceed around the Pacific for further clarafication:

North Pacific
Calm--very calm--and pleasant.  The Americans recon Cold Harbor and Umnak every day.  I fly CAP and have several SS prowling about.  This describes all the action to this theatre.  Though this would make an inviting--isolatable--target, I believe that Dan will not try anything up here.

Central Pacific
I posted all those screen shots of this area with their strength and statistics.  I continue to log this area as having the highest probablity for an Allied counterattack.  Have decided to continue to augment the LBA here.  I have 3 Zero Daitai and 3 Oscar (will become Tony/Tojo) Sentai training in the Philippines.  As soon as they hit an experience of 75, I will transfer 1 Zero and 2 Tony units to Kwajalein.  I might add 2 Sentai of Helens as well and then wait and see what happens...

KB Movement
Since Dan's aerial forces are reasonably contained in Australia, I have decided to begin a redeployment of the KB towards the Marshalls.  Have already got CarDiv2 (Hiryu/Soryu) and CarDiv3 (Shokaku/Zuikaku) heading to Noumea for a little R&R plus replennish aircraft. 

Once I have used CarDiv1 (Akagi/Kaga) for another series of Aussie port attacks then they too will head for the same area.  Still need to upgrade these two CV as well as Hiryu...

The remaining 8 CV/CVL/CVE will stay in the waters to the east of Australia to sink as many ships as possible.

Am not sure as to whether this is all a good idea or not.  Anyone have any thoughts?

South Pacific
Dan is really trying to get ships out of New Zealand and Australia.  He is sending them by various paths above or below the Society Islands.  My Bettys have been rather busy putting TT into 1-3 ships a day from October 1st on...

All these operations are REALLY using up a bunch of fuel!  I found a cache of 250,000 in Port Arthur, Manchuria and I have dispatched ALL of it to Noumea for use.  Once I am through that supply, life might get a little strange...

Australia
Adelaide
Dan is trying to punch a way through my blockade of that city by sending the 4th Aussie Inf Div up from Melbourne.  I just pulled my 5 Tk Reg and ordered them to launch a shock attack for October 5th.  Nearly 150 Helen/Sally have nailed this unit for the last two days causing over 200 Cas and knocking out about 5 guns each day. 

Broken Hill
AF goes to Sz-4 on the 4th and I immediately add 50 more bombers to the base.  Once I deal with Aussie 4th ID, I will concentrate on Adelaide.  Additionally, I move in 36 Betty and set them to Port Attack Melbourne.  He has no fighters there and I want to start making him think about that.  Adelaide has 1 Squadron Kittyhawks and 1 Squadron of Spitfires and I THINK that is about it for Australia!  

Whyalla
Move another Daitai of Betty into here and order it to hit Melbourne as well.  AF is Sz-4 and not too far from 5.  I try a fighter sweep over Adelaide on the 2nd and get stung badly.  I send 19 Tony and 20 Tojo on a Sweep and attack 12 Kittyhawks and 5 Spitifres.  In the end, I lose 14 Fighters to only 1 P-40!  Wow...

Hobart
Dan--once again-- is preoccupied with a few AP I have in port there.  He is sending over large numbers of Hudsons (with a few Liberators and B-25) to hit the Port.  I have anywhere from 15-25 Zeros flying CAP and he loses 2-4 planes a strike.  I've got a few seriously damaged APs but will leave them there for him to hit and have his morale drop...

The 2nd Inf Div is moving very slowly towards Devonport.  Only moving about 10 miles a day on a road is driving me nuts.  It is 2 hexes from the target.

Rockhampton
Am building up troops.  Will launch operations very soon.  Already have the 48th ID headed for Towsville.  A Sentai of Tojo fly CAP. 

DEI
As the screenshot showed earlier, I am moving troops around to take care of losing Djambi, Sumatra.  Guess this is a good thing because I hadn't donw anything with this theatre for 6-8 months!

Burma
The 38th ID unloads at Rangoon and moves to Meiktila providing a strong support unit.  I am trying to use the river as a speedbump.  Never done this before so we shall see.  This theatre is vulnerable to attack but I think I can hold.  If and when Australia winds down, I may wheel upon Burma and India in 1943...

China
Dan has a monsterous army arrving at Nanchang right now.  His units arrived piecemeal on the 4th and I seriously damaged a Tank and Engineer Regiment frocing them to retreat.  As the screenshot above shows, I have 7 ID waiting to cut his line-of-communication once he is fully invested with the city.  I have dreams of 300,000 Chinese being cutoff...

That is the state of events right now. 

I need to do my October economic report next...

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 2/3/2008 12:53:56 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 110
RE: Combat Report Sept 26-Oct 4, 1942 - 2/3/2008 1:33:49 AM   
AdmNelson

John

Are you pulling resources out of Australia? If you are good, they don't have to go all the way back to Japan; Timor and Kendari are a good staging area. If the transports are empty going back, might as well carry back good old Australian goods( I take it Foster is being comsumed at the front by the Army).

Very Proud Marine Dad

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 111
RE: Combat Report Sept 26-Oct 4, 1942 - 2/3/2008 2:41:38 AM   
John 3rd

"Fosters--that's Australian for Beer Mate!"  Mmmmmm makes me want an oil can or three....

That is a good idea.  Once I have a better control over Australia I will start doing that.  Right now I am desperately sending all the supply I can to Whyalla to keep the troops in OK shape and I am FAILING at that!  Need to take more of the continent and find some large supply caches.  Feel like the Germans in the Battle of the Bulge looking for intact fuel dumps...

When I took Perth and grabbed that Fuel and Supply it helped to make the jump for Whyalla.  I wonder what I might gain from Adelaide?  Townsville?? 

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to AdmNelson)
Post #: 112
Industrial and Victory Point Report: October 1, 1942 - 2/3/2008 2:44:03 AM   
John 3rd

October 1, 1942
Victory Points and Economic Summary

Victory Points:

Score
Japan   26,799  (Up 1,759 Points)
Allies    8,105  (Up 964 Points)

Of Dan’s 964 points last month nearly 300 of them came from Fuso and Yamashiro sinking.  Perhaps that really shows how little he is scoring currently.

Ships Sunk
Japan   214—1,866 VP—25 ships sunk during September with most of these coming at Wyhalla where I let Dan sink 10 AK/AP to keep his aircraft distracted (add 5 more at Hobart for the same reason)!

Major Japanese Vessels Sunk to Date---BB Fuso and Yamashiro, CAs Kinugasa and Kako, 5 CL, 20 DD (only 9 Modern DD lost), and 15 SS (11 I-Boats and 4 Ro-)

Allies    247---3,584 VP---Dan lost 24 ships with another 50-60 damaged in my port raids at Brisbane and Sydney.  I’ve continued to hit a number of ships as they flee past the Society Islands.  Expect to see this sinking number jump for next month’s report.

Major Allied Vessels Sunk---CVs Enterprise and Lexington, BBs Colorado, West Virginia, and Idaho, 9 CA, 5 CL, 27 DD, and 3 SS.

Manchukuo Garrison---9,095 (8,000 Needed)
Political Points---2,191

Since I am pulling heavily from the Manchuria Garrison, I thought that I should add these categories for people to see.

Industrial Report
Supply              2,189,439
Fuel                  1,701,523
Manpower       842 (614,052)
Heavy Industry 14,564 (507)
Resources        19,183 (1,487,088)
Oil                    2056 (796,529)

Supply came up nicely this month.  I am growing more worried about fuel.  There was a drop of 300,000 last month to this.  There will be a strong need to slow operational tempo if I see this sort of drop next month.

The cities in Australia are really starting to bump my Manpower, Heavy Industry, and Resources.  This should significantly help my economy the longer I hold it.

Shipyards
Naval               1,342 (11)
Merchant          981
Repair              1,344

Repair rose 40 points this month and that refers to Cebu and Soerabaja increasing their respective yards.

Specific Ships:
Musashi is 248 Days from completion.  I’ve accelerated CVs Taiho (298), Unryu (513), Amagi (517), and Katsuragi (685).

Weapons
Armament        572 (69,615)
Vehicles           144 (1,390)

Anyone know when I can slow these numbers down?

Aircraft
Engines 1,970
Assembly         986+(499-Rd)

Assembly dropped some as I shifted more to Research (-6) and Research (+69) went up.

Engine Production
Mitsubishi         805/Month—Need 580—2,051 in Pool
Nakajima         973(1)—Need 672---25 in Pool
Kawasaki         171(9)---Need 190---778 in Pool
Aichi                20---Need 0---178 in Pool

My Tony kicks in and I set the engines to expand some.  Don’t have to raise it much due to jumping it at the very start of the war.  Nakajimas are starting to pool and that is a good thing.

Plane Production
Fighters            Planes/Month (in Pool)
A6M2  104 (643)
A6M3  84 (39)
Oscar   0 (343)
A6M3a 48-R
Tojo     76 (8)
Tony    190 (55)
Jack     47-R

Will add some more Tojo about halfway through the month.  Will also shift some M2 Zero production over to A3a to get the CVs refitted ASAP in November.

Bombers
Betty    98 (312)
Sally     40 (86)
Helen   91 (41)
Lily       78 (36)
Val       57 (424)—Production is turned off.
Kate     40 (197)

Numbers slowly climbing.  Will look at stopping Betty when I hit 400 in pool.

Recon/Float
Emily    20 (55)
Alf        5 (50)
Rufe     0 (78)
Glen     4 (43)
Dinah   31 (225)
Irving    8 (0)
Jake     8 (126)
Babs    12 (6)

I have shut off most of the Float Panes and Dinah and will turn them ‘on’ again when I need them.

Transports
Tina      10 (28)
Sally     5 (28)
Topsy   10 (34)
Mavis-L 5 (16)
Tabby 10 (64)

Have shut down all these plane’s production.  Will probably need to restart a few due to my heavy use of Transports in Australia.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 113
RE: Industrial and Victory Point Report: October 1, 1942 - 2/3/2008 4:38:11 AM   
ny59giants

Future Plans

You mentioned the possibility of going for Burma/India after Australia. Good idea, but it will not win you the war. The war will be won in the East. You have to make your attack against the USA. Strike for HAWAII.

You have to make him feel that he has to commit his 4 CV (or 5th CV if Essex is available) to stop you. He doesn't get any more CVs until mid-43 and few Hellcats in early '43 (35/month starting in 2/43). He will probably be well dug in, but you have to entice him to come out with everything he has to stop you. The decisive battle.   If you go for India, then your defeat will just be a matter of time. The production of the USA will eventually overwhelm you and while you will need most of KB to get you ashore in India, he will have 5 CV, "x" number of both CVL and CVE to start his counteroffensive.

I would think of hitting Christmas Island first with most of your carrier strength along with enough surface assets and troops to make sure he cannot throw you back into the ocean. That's the right hook. The left hook would be the rest of your fleet hitting Midway. Both with as little notice as possible (hopefully intel doesn't tell him much). After both of them fall, he will have only a small corridor to get ships in and out of Hawaii without being spotted. All your carriers could circle Hawaii and make life for him very difficult.

Just my $.02  

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 114
RE: Industrial and Victory Point Report: October 1, 1942 - 2/3/2008 5:36:08 AM   
John 3rd

I am pretty certain that the Palmyra through Christmas Island group are fortresses right now.  I have seen (through recon) convoy after convoy go to those points.  The idea of hitting them scares the tar out of me!

What I was saying regarding Burma and India is that I need to expand the frontier there to include Mandalay and Akyab.  This would be a limited offensive to push him back away from my more important bases in Malaysia and Thailand. 

Thinking of straight victory points---I COULD take New Zealand once I am finished (IF I can finish) Australia.  There is not any certainty that I can win in Aussieland.  It will probably be 3-5 months of gametime before I can answer that question...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 115
Non-Flying Bettys!!! - 2/4/2008 11:24:01 PM   
John 3rd

Can anyone help with getting my Bettys to fly from Papeate? There are ships passing island (as shown in this shot) and THEY WON'T FLY!

I've checked everything:

AF 4
Supply 20,000+
Morale: 99%
Altitude is between 1,000-5,000 Feet
Commanders are agressive.

What am I missing??!!

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 116
RE: Non-Flying Bettys!!! - 2/5/2008 1:07:34 AM   
saj42

Set to naval attack?
Low or zero naval search %
No target set
range set to normal (15 hexes)

Have you stood them down then reapplied your mission orders?

Banner by rogueusmc

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 117
RE: Non-Flying Bettys!!! - 2/5/2008 1:36:42 AM   
John 3rd

Good Advice Sir.  I will reset all of them and bring their range down to 15.  They are Nvl Search 30% and Range 20.  Perhaps that is the issue!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to saj42)
Post #: 118
RE: Non-Flying Bettys!!! - 2/5/2008 1:43:59 AM   
ny59giants

If that doesn't fix it, set them to "training" for one turn and then try again.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 119
RE: Non-Flying Bettys!!! - 2/5/2008 2:02:30 AM   
1EyedJacks

Just curious - what HQ R they assigned to? I'm just wondering if they R sitting around a table drinking rum and playing cards - lost in a paper-shuffle and having not reported to the theatre HQ... <grin>

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Wake and Midway Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI