Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Subdivision of Economic Phase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Subdivision of Economic Phase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Subdivision of Economic Phase - 12/26/2007 7:59:59 AM   
Filmstudy

I know we want this game for a fast turnaround, but the original game forced the players to think about each element of the economic phase.

One of the frusrations for new players is the number of mistakes that can be made in the accounting phases of the game and just how costly those can be.

I'd like the program to essentially prompt each player for corps purchases (reminder if not on board andreinforcements coming?), economic manipulation, qualification for kingdom creation, and cycle through the MP and FS build pools. I think the net impact will be faster turnaround for the PBEM game where some players are going to be extra careful when not prompted.

Don't get me wrong, the buttons and interface to do these things are all there, I just think the game experience will benefit from an in-game checklist.
Post #: 1
RE: Subdivision of Economic Phase - 12/26/2007 7:38:15 PM   
Marshall Ellis

We have added a warning when you attempt to end the eco phase with factors coming in the next quarter and you have not purchased a corps with the appropriate factors types. This is in the 1.01 patch.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Filmstudy)
Post #: 2
RE: Subdivision of Economic Phase - 12/27/2007 8:26:29 AM   
Filmstudy

Thanks, good addition. Does this include a Cavalry warning if all current corps that can hold Cav are full?

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
RE: Subdivision of Economic Phase - 12/27/2007 4:46:42 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Filmstudy

Thanks, good addition. Does this include a Cavalry warning if all current corps that can hold Cav are full?

The program will let you know what factors are coming due before you leave the current economic phase, so it will be up to the player to determine whether or not to make the appropriate counter purchase(s).

Richard

(in reply to Filmstudy)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Subdivision of Economic Phase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI