Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Harpoon crashes in the moment that two missles hit their target......

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> Harpoon crashes in the moment that two missles hit their target...... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Harpoon crashes in the moment that two missles hit thei... - 12/31/2007 5:40:40 PM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Hi!

Description:
Two SAMs are hit by missles, in that moment the game crashes.

Reproducable:
Saved game file is attached. Simply load it, the crash occurs a few seconds later.
To get the saved game, remove the .txt-ending and unzip it (I hope it works after up- and downloading it).
I was able to reproduce it on two different systems (both Windows XP), so I *guess* that it will be reproducable on any XP-system.

Version:
HCE Version 2007.000
Built Aug 12 2007

Scenario:
User scenario IOPG EC 2003. Do you want to have a zipped version of the user scenario, too? It is pretty big, but I don't think that this is the reason - in more than 22 hours game time blue side fought a way from Kuwait to the Strait of Hormuz, thereby shooting down more than 800 red planes, destroying mor than 10 bases e.t.c. without a problem.

Best regards and a happy new year,
Roland

PS:
Please do not misunderstand me - you did a great work and the game is extremely exciting.

PSS:
In case that there is any problem due to the temporarly .txt-extension, give me an email address and I will email you the zipped file. Maybe .zip-attachments shoulkd be allowed in this forum?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Harpoon crashes in the moment that two missles hit ... - 12/31/2007 6:11:02 PM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Update:
I used my older saved game and this time, I destroyed the combined artillery/SAM group using GBU-32s (Mk 83).

When the bug occured, I had a fix on the target provided by a harrier group, after my F-18s fired their long-range missles, the Harriers withdrew and the fix was lost.

This time, I had a direct fix by the F-18s and kept it until the last target was destroyed.

But this can't be the reason.....can't it?

Best regards,
Roland

(in reply to RolandRahn_MatrixForum)
Post #: 2
RE: Harpoon crashes in the moment that two missles hit ... - 1/3/2008 12:18:43 AM   
wombat1417

I"ve been playing with the download for a while now and can't get it to crash.
It's not uncommon for a crash to be unreproducable even after a downloading a saved game; it's happened to me dozens of times over the years. Just credit it to whacky computer stuff and go on.
Happily, it looks like you were able to continue your game from that point. It's really annoying when you can't.

(in reply to RolandRahn_MatrixForum)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> Harpoon crashes in the moment that two missles hit their target...... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI