Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestions on Combatting Englands Air Supremacy over Occupied France

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> The War Room >> Suggestions on Combatting Englands Air Supremacy over Occupied France Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestions on Combatting Englands Air Supremacy over O... - 1/1/2008 1:58:25 AM   
Grandpa Troll

I am learning quick on the various lessons of the Axis and its multitude of vulnerabilities.

The latest I would like some input on is now that France is surrendered to me, I am concentrating my efforts of building troops along my western front in anticipation of the battle against Mother Russia.

What I have quickly learned I am having a heck of a time with Englands Air Supremacy over occupied France.

I have deployed maybe 15 squadrons of Tactical & Strategic bombers to counter but am not really seeing a sizeable return on my investment.

Should I use more of these or maybe add more fighters?

Thanks for any input.

Gramps

These are the good old days
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestions on Combatting Englands Air Supremacy ov... - 1/1/2008 8:42:36 PM   
Shawkhan

15 squadrons?(Luftflotte). One thing is for sure. You must be playing w/o the oil consumption rule or you will shortly be out of oil. Given unlimited oil, the basic way to combat UK airpower is to gang up on one fighter at a time with your fighters, destroying them one after another. If you are not intercepting the allied convoys, they can replace losses of one fighter unit every two turns or so. Destroy one(or more) fighter per turn and they will be out of fighters shortly. Then turn your attention to their other air units. If half of your airforce is fighters, you should be able to wipe England's airforce pretty much out in 4-5 turns.
This would work but your Russian Front is going to be in rough shape with all that airpower in the wrong place. Tactical and strategic bombers are for use against ground targets, they aren't that effective against air. I'd use them on the Eastern Front, along with 2-3 fighters for cover ASAP.

(in reply to Grandpa Troll)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestions on Combatting Englands Air Supremacy ov... - 1/1/2008 9:51:26 PM   
Grandpa Troll

Thanks and again, makes sense!

Ill resend my tactical and strategic bombers back to russian Front and beef up fighter planes

Gramps

These are the good old days

(in reply to Shawkhan)
Post #: 3
RE: Suggestions on Combatting Englands Air Supremacy ov... - 9/9/2008 8:56:17 PM   
YourAdmiral

I've found that getting a jump on R&D can make a huge difference in air battles. If you can pump resources into Air/Dog Fight early on, you'll be in a much better position in winning air supremacy as opposed to just building more units.

That said, the war in Russia usually takes priority over anything going on against England after they are ejected from France.

Your Admiral

(in reply to Grandpa Troll)
Post #: 4
RE: Suggestions on Combatting Englands Air Supremacy ov... - 9/10/2008 4:21:55 AM   
GeneralRiddler

If the Axis has already given up on Sea Lion, I'm not sure it's worth it for the Axis to fight the Battle of Britain again. If you'd still like to keep a sizeable Luftwaffe presence in France, though, I agree with the Admiral. First invest in Air/Dog Fight before sending the luftlottes against the Royal Air Force.

(in reply to YourAdmiral)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> The War Room >> Suggestions on Combatting Englands Air Supremacy over Occupied France Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI