Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Discontinued

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker >> Discontinued Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Discontinued - 1/6/2008 5:36:34 AM   
KG Erwin

(Note: while promising, going this route just doesn't suit my style of play. Sorry.)

Alright, I set up the 30-team modern leagues, but opted for a completely fictional player draft, WITH finances on.

Well, I guess KG is cheap, as my payroll ranks dead last, at some $131 million. My Pirates are also ranked last in the pre-season power rankings. Damn -- I go fictional, but yet it still looks like real life LOL.

Here's the thing -- of the top 10 position players in potential ratings, Pittsburgh has 6. We also have 4 of the top ten pitchers in potential. If they pan out, and I can afford to keep them, then the future looks bright.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 2008 season opens on Monday March 31, with the Rangers facing the Devil Rays. I suppose this could be a Mexico City opener, with Tampa being regarded as the home team.

Tampa Bay wins it 5-4.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 7/22/2008 1:21:20 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: The KGBL 2008 - 1/6/2008 5:41:57 AM   
KG Erwin

Wednesday, April 2. The Pirates open at home against the Reds. 28-year-old Fred Lyle vs David Sever, who's 23.

Sever shocked everyone when he slammed a 2-run triple to the RF wall in the 5th. Lyle looks on in disbelief, and then starts throwing harder.

Darnell Hart followed with a 2-run HR in the 8th. 4-0, Reds.

Curtis Rogers triples in the bottom of the 8th, and it's 4-2. No outs. Rickey Hulsey grounds out, and Rogers scores. 4-3.

John Baron relieves Lyle in the top of the 9th.

Gary Adams relieves Sever in the bottom of the 9th. He blows the save and loses the game as the Pirates get two on base. With two out, Rogers singles to left and both runners score. Pirates win, 5-4! Baron earns the victory.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, April 3. Claude Hartman vs Tom Thomas. The Pirates end up winning this one in the 10th by a score of 4-3.

The view at PNC Park:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 1/6/2008 8:14:33 AM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker >> Discontinued Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI