Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The disapearing corps or the flying dutch man army

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> The disapearing corps or the flying dutch man army Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The disapearing corps or the flying dutch man army - 1/7/2008 10:42:56 PM   
baboune

Is this a known issue?

The I russian corps with bagration as a leader just vanished from the map between the naval and land phase.

They do not show in the unit reports (view units)... Nor in the view counters either... It is like Russia never had a Ist corps .. sniff... just when I was invading denmark...
Post #: 1
RE: The disapearing corps or the flying dutch man army - 1/7/2008 10:48:37 PM   
baboune

ahahah that is a good one. 

When a corps is "embarked" on a fleet counter that resides in the same sea zone as other fleet counters and a depot is added to the area (on one of the fleet counters) then the depot symbol replaces the "loaded" icon and the corps "disapears" from all the "unit rosters" including leaders :)

Should not the depot go on the unused heavy fleet counter that is "unused" instead of the loaded fleet?

(in reply to baboune)
Post #: 2
RE: The disapearing corps or the flying dutch man army - 1/7/2008 11:18:28 PM   
Soapy Frog

That would sound sensible. So if you destroy the depot do you get your corps back? I guess the answer is to debark the corps and build the depot afterwards? Or can the sea supply depot only be built in the naval phase?

(in reply to baboune)
Post #: 3
RE: The disapearing corps or the flying dutch man army - 1/7/2008 11:40:46 PM   
baboune

To get the corps back just select the flee t with the depot and hit disembark.  Just very bad UI.

(in reply to Soapy Frog)
Post #: 4
RE: The disapearing corps or the flying dutch man army - 1/8/2008 1:22:52 AM   
zaquex

quote:

ORIGINAL: baboune

Should not the depot go on the unused heavy fleet counter that is "unused" instead of the loaded fleet?

The depot is created on the fleet you have active, it is and should be your choice.

(in reply to baboune)
Post #: 5
RE: The disapearing corps or the flying dutch man army - 1/8/2008 10:04:47 AM   
baboune

I thought only unused fleet (i.e. a fleet not transporting a corps) could have a depot placed on them in the land phase?

(in reply to zaquex)
Post #: 6
RE: The disapearing corps or the flying dutch man army - 1/8/2008 7:05:46 PM   
tgb

Since depots are created in the land phase, and all land units have to disembark or will be lost, won't it make more sense to just disembark and THEN place your depots?

Seems to me that would avoid a lot of confusion.

(in reply to baboune)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> The disapearing corps or the flying dutch man army Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI