Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Get pilot(s)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Get pilot(s) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Get pilot(s) - 1/9/2008 7:23:05 AM   
rogue

Whats the point of that button? I know it gives you replacement pilots by why not just have the computer do it automatically? Also, what is a KB? I see the term used quite often and I figue that it has something to do with TFs.
Post #: 1
RE: Get pilot(s) - 1/9/2008 7:46:51 AM   
wild_Willie2

KB= KIDO BUTAI, mobile strikeforce. This was the official Japanese name for their CV groups. 

Dai ichi Kido butai  ( FIRST mobile strikeforce) was the offocial name of the strike group that hit Pearl (6 CV's) and would later on get sunk at Midway (4 CV's) 

The button is mostly used for advanced japanese players to fill out squadrons with TRAINED pilots, will continue about this when I get to work ;) 

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to rogue)
Post #: 2
RE: Get pilot(s) - 1/9/2008 8:00:03 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogue

Whats the point of that button? I know it gives you replacement pilots by why not just have the computer do it automatically? Also, what is a KB? I see the term used quite often and I figue that it has something to do with TFs.

Each player has two "levels" of pilot pools. The "first" level are the high experienced pilots .... usually in the 40-80 EXP range, depending on year and nationality and the second level is the "low" experienced pilots ... usually in the 15-50 EXP range again depending on year and nationality.

So if you look at your pilot pools then for each "nation" you will see how many "high exp" pilots are available. You often want to specify exactly which air groups get those pilots. Once those are used up - you can refill the other groups with "low exp" pilots.

For the Allies there is not much difference between the Low and the High pools .. but for the Japanese the difference is critical. Sometimes 80EXP for high and 15 EXP for low. So you want to be able to manage this aspect, hence the button.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to rogue)
Post #: 3
RE: Get pilot(s) - 1/9/2008 8:08:07 AM   
rogue

Ah I see, thank you for the quick responses

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 4
RE: Get pilot(s) - 1/9/2008 9:08:33 AM   
wild_Willie2

Finally got to work but see that I got in "to late"

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to rogue)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Get pilot(s) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI