Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Community Project

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> RE: Community Project Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Community Project - 1/22/2008 4:59:42 AM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: a white rabbit

...Case Otto..1938 ??

..but this time the Austrians fight..

..Germany has regular army and some militia types (SS/SA) and the Austrians have a regular army and militia type (Social Democrats, Workers Militia) then there's Allied intervention possibilities, France, Britain, Czechoslovakia, Roumania, all on the Austrian side, Italy on someone's side, and a nervous Germany who needs a quick and cheap win..

..plus it's a nice map with some wonderful views..

..guerilla units for both sides, civilians to massacre

I don't think Hitler would have pressed the issue if this outcome had been likely. The whole rationale for unification kind of falls apart if the Austrians are resisting.

< Message edited by ColinWright -- 1/22/2008 5:00:57 AM >

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to a white rabbit)
Post #: 31
RE: Community Project - 1/24/2008 4:17:18 AM   
Levelworm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trick37

How about a scenario where NATO and other nations invade China after the Chinese failed in their invasion of Taiwan, and/or after the Chinese crashed the stock markets all over the world by financial means (or something along those lines)?

Then you might need some new equipments for China, I made some in the past months, but the datas may not be accurate...
For me, I would like to see a scenario of Soviet Union invading China in 1985.
One year before I was planning a huge add-on for TOAW3, "rising of red empire", it would consist every major war the Soviet Union fought in its like(Civil War, vs Poland, vs Finland, WW2 not included, Cold War, etc.), well I am now struggling to get some information about Russian Civil War(all I can find in the library is some history and a big map, not that useful, only the Cavalry gave me some impression).

(in reply to Trick37_MatrixForum)
Post #: 32
RE: Community Project - 1/24/2008 5:05:33 AM   
vahauser

Karri,

Oh well.  Doesn't look like a TOAW Community Project is going to happen anytime soon.  But I think that this was an interesting thread nonetheless.

(in reply to Levelworm)
Post #: 33
RE: Community Project - 1/24/2008 2:46:18 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: Levelworm

well I am now struggling to get some information about Russian Civil War(all I can find in the library is some history and a big map, not that useful, only the Cavalry gave me some impression).

I believe Specterx was looking into a project along these lines- not sure how far he got. You might also like to contact Jarek Flis. He may have come across some sources during research for his Polish-Soviet war scenarios which might be useful to you.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to Levelworm)
Post #: 34
RE: Community Project - 1/24/2008 4:15:36 PM   
a white rabbit

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColinWright

quote:

...Case Otto..1938 ??

..but this time the Austrians fight..

..Germany has regular army and some militia types (SS/SA) and the Austrians have a regular army and militia type (Social Democrats, Workers Militia) then there's Allied intervention possibilities, France, Britain, Czechoslovakia, Roumania, all on the Austrian side, Italy on someone's side, and a nervous Germany who needs a quick and cheap win..

..plus it's a nice map with some wonderful views..

..guerilla units for both sides, civilians to massacre

I don't think Hitler would have pressed the issue if this outcome had been likely. The whole rationale for unification kind of falls apart if the Austrians are resisting.

..oh i think he would have done. from what i'm now reading it was a bare-faced rape with the only defence being that Austria was wearing a short-skirt. Hitler was brain-twisted mad even then..

..toodA, irmAb moAs'lyB 'exper'mentin'..,..beàn'tus all..?,

(in reply to ColinWright)
Post #: 35
RE: Community Project - 1/24/2008 4:53:54 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

..oh i think he would have done. from what i'm now reading it was a bare-faced rape with the only defence being that Austria was wearing a short-skirt. Hitler was brain-twisted mad even then..

His mind may have moved in ways which seem incomprehensible to you and me, but he was also a very, very good gambler. The odds on Austria were right at the time; this was no carefully timetabled operation, it was opportunism.

If Hitler was mad in the way you imply, he would have invaded Austria in 1934 when he was first making moves in this direction. This would have led to war with Italy and probably the end of Hitler's power.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to a white rabbit)
Post #: 36
RE: Community Project - 1/24/2008 6:01:04 PM   
Terminus

Hitler wasn't mad by the time of the Anschluss. Not yet.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to golden delicious)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> RE: Community Project Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI