Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Naval Bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Naval Bugs Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Naval Bugs - 3/11/2008 3:15:44 AM   
eske

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: eske

NAVAL PHASE - 2 BUGS:
1.Bog: Retreated fleets attempts interception.
Did this: Marseilles fleets attack GB Lt.flr blocking Cadiz and win (lifting blockade). GB fleet retreated to Gibraltar.
French fleet continues move, passes Gibraltar. GB fleet retreated to Gibraltar attempts blockade.
I think: GB fleet did not attempt interception from Cadiz blockade box, so it has no orders to do so. After retreat it gets intercept orders. So interception flag gets set and not removed when loosing naval combat. If true, an easy fix.
(I've have seen more occurences of this bug)

2.Bug: Fr. fleet can't enter Dublin.
Did this: In january moved fleet to Dublin blockade box, invaded the area and moved corps into the city. It had no garrison. (By the way was able to build a depot there in january as well. bug 3?)
I think: You are not considered controlling an enemy city until you have occupied it for a full turn. This prevents french fleet from entering Dublin. It prevents GB fleet from entering Dublin blockade box, since city is still considered GB's, which prevents GB from attacking french fleet. This also makes a fleet stay in a city after it is enemy occupied, and postpones forced blockade run until the city changes status to be controlled by occupying nation (at end of a month and also after econ.phase which fits the picture of other bug reports)

Re 1: The “lift blockade” is actually an automatic interception made by the non-phasing side when the phasing player wishes to enter the port (an EiANW deviation removes the player choice found in EiA 6.2.3.2.1.3). If the side intercepting from the blockade box should lose and is retreated to another location they may attempt to intercept the same phasing stack from that different area (section 8.5.2), which happened in your example.

Re 2: The depot placement for sea supply is an issue that will be addressed in 1.02a. Thanks for the files.

Richard

Re 1: Sorry to correct you on a rules issue. Section 8.5.4. Resolution of Naval Interceptions //Outcome of Interception Combat //Phasing side victory: ...the intercepting stack must retreat ... , and may not attempt more interception during this major powers movement sequence.
When in the blockade box, the 'lift blockade' is an automatic interception. That is ok. But after losing in the blockade box and retreated to nearest harbor (Gibraltar) why does GB fleet attempt to intercept from there? Beside being against above rules it can't have orders to intercept.

Re 2: Fixing depot placement is fine. Any comments on why french fleet can't enter a harbor occupied by french land forces the month before?

Alea iacta est

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 331
RE: Naval Bugs - 3/11/2008 4:40:42 AM   
Monadman

quote:

quote:

quote:

NAVAL PHASE - 2 BUGS:
1.Bog: Retreated fleets attempts interception.
Did this: Marseilles fleets attack GB Lt.flr blocking Cadiz and win (lifting blockade). GB fleet retreated to Gibraltar.
French fleet continues move, passes Gibraltar. GB fleet retreated to Gibraltar attempts blockade.
I think: GB fleet did not attempt interception from Cadiz blockade box, so it has no orders to do so. After retreat it gets intercept orders. So interception flag gets set and not removed when loosing naval combat. If true, an easy fix.
(I've have seen more occurences of this bug)

2.Bug: Fr. fleet can't enter Dublin.
Did this: In january moved fleet to Dublin blockade box, invaded the area and moved corps into the city. It had no garrison. (By the way was able to build a depot there in january as well. bug 3?)
I think: You are not considered controlling an enemy city until you have occupied it for a full turn. This prevents french fleet from entering Dublin. It prevents GB fleet from entering Dublin blockade box, since city is still considered GB's, which prevents GB from attacking french fleet. This also makes a fleet stay in a city after it is enemy occupied, and postpones forced blockade run until the city changes status to be controlled by occupying nation (at end of a month and also after econ.phase which fits the picture of other bug reports)

Re 1: The “lift blockade” is actually an automatic interception made by the non-phasing side when the phasing player wishes to enter the port (an EiANW deviation removes the player choice found in EiA 6.2.3.2.1.3). If the side intercepting from the blockade box should lose and is retreated to another location they may attempt to intercept the same phasing stack from that different area (section 8.5.2), which happened in your example.

Re 2: The depot placement for sea supply is an issue that will be addressed in 1.02a. Thanks for the files.

Richard

Re 1: Sorry to correct you on a rules issue. Section 8.5.4. Resolution of Naval Interceptions //Outcome of Interception Combat //Phasing side victory: ...the intercepting stack must retreat ... , and may not attempt more interception during this major powers movement sequence.
When in the blockade box, the 'lift blockade' is an automatic interception. That is ok. But after losing in the blockade box and retreated to nearest harbor (Gibraltar) why does GB fleet attempt to intercept from there? Beside being against above rules it can't have orders to intercept.

Re 2: Fixing depot placement is fine. Any comments on why french fleet can't enter a harbor occupied by french land forces the month before?

Re 1: Ah yes, I see the conflict now. There is a deviation allowing for further interceptions and the Phasing Side Victory subsection should have been written accordingly, but obviously was not (my bad). That said, I’ll see if we can’t get this to work per EiA rules first and if not (due to programming restraints), will rewrite that subsection to coincide with the deviation.

Re 2: That would be a bug. Currently the program is making the player move out to sea and then into port. On the 1.02b list

Thanks again for the input.

Richard

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 332
New bug list - 3/11/2008 5:29:33 AM   
Monadman

The latest bug list can now be found at:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1739144&mpage=1&key=?

Thanks

Richard

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 333
RE: Naval Bugs - 3/11/2008 7:19:07 PM   
Jimmer

quote:

Re 1: Ah yes, I see the conflict now. There is a deviation allowing for further interceptions and the Phasing Side Victory subsection should have been written accordingly, but obviously was not (my bad). That said, I’ll see if we can’t get this to work per EiA rules first and if not (due to programming restraints), will rewrite that subsection to coincide with the deviation.

Here's a simple way you can solve this problem, without any significant coding or significant rules changes: Create a rule that says "Once a stack loses an interception combat, it's 'standard orders' are reset back to the default values of 'no interception'." At the same time as this entry being placed (changing the "standard orders"), set a boolean value to true. The boolean value is to issue a message to the owner of the stack that its orders have been reset to default "no intercept".

This boolean value should be set to false whenever "standing orders" are issued to any fleet/stack, to prepare for this possibility.

This also would provide a "confirmation" of sorts whenever someone loses a naval interception battle (that they initiated).

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 334
RE: Naval Bugs - 3/14/2008 2:13:39 AM   
Monadman

FYI . . .

E6 and E8 were actually addressed in v1.02 and thus were added to the list found here in post #1.

Richard

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 335
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Naval Bugs Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI