Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games To Publish Strategic Studies Group's Korsun Pocket Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Matrix Games To Publish Strategic Studies Group's Korsun Pocket Game Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games To Publish Strategic Studies Group's Korsu... - 10/5/2001 6:28:00 AM   
David Heath

Matrix Games (http://www.matrixgames.com) and Strategic Studies Group () have anounced that they are working togther on the possibility of creating Korsun Pocket, a successor to SSG’s Ardennes Offensive game.

David Heath Director of Operations at Matrix Games said "I personally have been a big fan of their games since the early eighties. These guys have made some of the best wargames ever played and a new Russian Front game using an improved Ardennes Offensive system is a tremendously exciting prospect. We hope to be able to release some new screenshots in the near future.

Wargamers are also looking forward to two other Matrix titles that should be released this fall. Uncommon Valor, the latest game from legendary designer Gary Grigsby, is an operational-level simulation of the campaign for the South Pacific from 1942 to the end of 1943. Players will have at their disposal every ship and plane that fought in that bitter duel between the Allies and Japan. Also forthcoming is Starships Unlimited II, a space exploration and colonization strategy game combining the flow of real-time strategy games with the detailed control of turn-based games.

Hi guys we had some problems and needed to restart this forum. [ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: David Heath ]

Post #: 1
- 10/5/2001 8:51:00 AM   
Tombstone

Sweet. This is like a wargames sanctuary... Tomo

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 10/5/2001 9:44:00 PM   
KG Erwin

A Matrix/SSG alliance? That's great news. SSG games got me into computer wargaming years ago. I still have the classic C-64 versions of Carriers at War, Russia, Battlefront & a few others. Does this mean that The Ardennes Offensive (TAO2) will not be given further updating? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Korsun Pocket has been given new life, but how about TAO2?

Post #: 3
- 10/5/2001 10:45:00 PM   
Kent Pfeiffer

How much upgrading does TAO2 need? It's already the best operational-scale wargame ever released for the computer.

Post #: 4
- 10/5/2001 10:59:00 PM   
Peter Fisla

The Ardennes Offensive scenario will be included in Korsun Pocket (TAO3). With the build that I have seen 5 months ago it had the following scenarios (of course not in complete form): The Ardennes Offensive, Korsun Pocket, Malta, PanzerGruppe Guderian. I don't have the old build anymore but when I will have something new to look at I will let you know more. Peter

Post #: 5
- 10/5/2001 11:48:00 PM   
KG Erwin

Thanks, Peter. This sounds like the SSG games I'm familiar with, along with the open-ended system that will allow for future scenarios to be added. Am I right on this? If so, then Kursk, anyone? I'm putting this game on my wish-list now. Glenn.

Post #: 6
- 10/6/2001 12:47:00 AM   
Peter Fisla

Ever since I saw TAO I was thinking how well this system would work on Eastern Front and especially, STALINGRAD !!!

Post #: 7
- 10/6/2001 9:28:00 AM   
LeibstandartePzD

I have probably a stupid question. What does it mean to publish a game? What I mean is does Matrix have a hand in designing it, etc?
Or is Matrix simply going to distribute it and sell it from the Matrix website? Does Matrix gather any profits from it? I'm just curious about it. If Matrix feels worthy of their attention and putting their name alongside it then that's good enough for me, I'll buy it. Matrix has earned my respect so as far as I'm conerned if you post it for sale I will buy it. Thanks for a great job in the past, presently and I'm sure for some time to come!

Respectfully,
Jason E. Otto
Former member of the 8th US Cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech

Post #: 8
- 10/7/2001 11:12:00 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys The major of the development work will be done by SSG. I am sure as we test the game and give ideas etc.... SSG will consider them.

Post #: 9
- 10/9/2001 8:34:00 AM   
Tombstone

I would like to see Kursk from SSG's standpoint, as well as a treatment of Kursk with the PzCamp series. That would be a fun one to play side by side.. Tomo

Post #: 10
- 10/9/2001 10:20:00 PM   
Fabio Prado

quote:

Originally posted by Tombstone:
I would like to see Kursk from SSG's standpoint, as well as a treatment of Kursk with the PzCamp series. That would be a fun one to play side by side.. Tomo
I second that! Fab

Post #: 11
- 10/12/2001 11:00:00 PM   
Peter Fisla

I don't know what the future holds for 100% but with TAO3 editor you should be able to make Kursk. I have no question in my mind that since the original TAO as well as KP will be part of TAO3 release that Kursk will be possible with the editor. Mind you all the scenarios that will come with TAO3 will be developed with the TAO3 editor.

Post #: 12
- 10/14/2001 7:34:00 AM   
Fred98

Myself and Brubaker are now playing TAO2 PBEM. This is a great game!! We are excited that you are to publish The Korsun Pocket. Once we have completed a few short games we will post here a list of suggestions/comments to improve Korsun Pocket. -

Post #: 13
- 10/15/2001 12:21:00 AM   
rough

One of the best wargames ever revived. Thank You. Matrixgames is synonymous with grognard's sanctuary.
With all those titles you're releasing I'm looking for a sponsor to provide for my basic needs as I'll have no time to work.

Post #: 14
- 10/20/2001 5:22:00 AM   
lx

I'm posting on behalf of the TAO2 community at TheBlitz.org . Huge thumbs up to Matrix Games for taking on this enterprise. We fully support the venture and anxiously await the release of TAO3 into retail. On a personal note, it's about time SSG gets some $$$ for their efforts on this great game. It's a real shame that it was not the type of game that appealed to a major sector of the general public. Hopefully with the help of Matrix you guys figure out how to promote it hit time. I have no doubt most, if not all of the members of our community will buy upcoming TAO3. Heck I'd buy TAO2 for sure if it were a retail instead of free game..but no complaints for it being free :-) . Best operational wargame on a tactical level in history and it has been free al this time. Wow. I can't wait for the game to be out with some new scens and minor (or perhaps major?..although how much can one improve from that great game) updates in the game console. As one poster said in a previous message.."grognards paraside" here. Al.

Post #: 15
- 10/20/2001 6:05:00 AM   
Mike Marauder

Well two peaces of good news in a day this is fantastic.No i didnt win the lottery i discoverd that matrix are releasing Napoleonic wars.

Post #: 16
- 10/20/2001 2:22:00 PM   
Duncan Maggs

I'm not so sure that Kursk would be a great TAO3 game. Apart from the southern pincer there wasn't a great deal of movement. I would prefer to see Operation Star and Manstein's counter-offensive of early 1943 - the "miracle on the Donets". These game would have fluidity of movement and computer fog of war would make these games more of a challenge to the players as they would have only limited knowledge of the other's dispositions unlike in a boardgame. Whatever scenarios finally make it I am prepared to pay good money for TAO3 if it builds on the qualities of the existing TAO2.

Post #: 17
- 10/20/2001 4:58:00 PM   
TAO2Wolf

Hi, I've seen other operational wargames as TOAW, Stalingrad and the recent Russo-German War but nothing as good as TAO2. I will buy a copy of TAO3 as soon as Matrix release the game.

Post #: 18
- 10/21/2001 3:31:00 AM   
Bob Ridall

I have played TAO almost every day for the last two years. I think that any expansion into the Korsun Pocket or any other battle in this type of format would be awesome and worth paying for. Go for it Guys! I'll be waiting in line to get the first copy.

Post #: 19
- 10/21/2001 11:46:00 PM   
peter hellman

I found computer wargaming through TAO2. And now I'm hooked. So, if you're going to release TAO3 -

"If you want to live in peace, you have to prepare for war" - Adolf Ehrnrooth

Post #: 20
- 10/21/2001 11:52:00 PM   
peter hellman

The "thumb up" icon was meant to come after the "-". Well, now I see the instant graemlins are down there

"If you want to live in peace, you have to prepare for war" - Adolf Ehrnrooth

Post #: 21
- 10/22/2001 6:26:00 AM   
Peter Fisla

From my point of view TAO is the best operational wargame system there ever was for a PC and I'm sure happy that TAO3 will soon see the light of the day. What I like is the clean and powerful rules, elegant design, love the interface as well. AI is the most deadliest I have ever seen in any operational wargame. Based on from what I know about TAO3, it sure will be a great wargame to play Peter [ October 21, 2001: Message edited by: Peter Fisla ]

Post #: 22
- 10/22/2001 6:40:00 PM   
Matthew Urch

Since discovering TAO2 quite by accident last year I've been playing like a war game junkie. It really is a superb game, clean rules, well paced, lovely to look at, excellent user interface. The AI is good, but PBEM is addictive! I have thoroughly enjoyed playing the good wargamers over at the Blitz web site. When they gave me the heads up about TAO3 over here I felt compelled to write and offer some encouragement. My only worry is that TAO3 will prove so engaging that my wife and family will feel negelected - but its a risk I'll take. Please publish TA03, and even charge for it if you like - I'll pay! If you need any help play testing don't hestitate to ask!

Post #: 23
- 10/22/2001 8:47:00 PM   
pxreiman

I wanna echo what seems to be the theme of this board: I have yet to find any system comparable to TAO2 and ANY expansion, improvement or adaptation is like sprinkles on your ice cream I honestly can't believe that this game wasn't a huge hit. (I have the same view of the rest of 2x3's games) I can only hope that Battline, and Napoleon absorb some of this silky smooth coding. sign me up! Thanks

Post #: 24
- 10/22/2001 8:53:00 PM   
Von Dodenburg

This is great news for all wargame lovers out there! I for once will definitely buy TAO3 if it's ever released.

//Peter N (Von Dodenburg)

Post #: 25
- 11/7/2001 7:12:00 AM   
ebong

BEEN WAITING FOR IT!!! Couldn't wait any longer! Will buy at least half a dozen for friends, etc. Please, please, please.

Post #: 26
- 11/8/2001 5:57:00 PM   
Alan Sharif

Another thumbs up here. I will buy this game as soon as it is available.

A Sharif

Post #: 27
- 11/9/2001 1:22:00 AM   
Phil Squair

I plan on buying 2 copies just to increase sales a little bit.

"If the thunder don't get you, then the lightning will."

Post #: 28
- 11/15/2001 8:05:00 PM   
BvB

Yea, I'd probably get two copies as well to try to get a friend into it. I like the idea that it wouldn't be just Korsun, but include Malta, Ardennes and others... BvB

Enlisted during Nixon, retired during Clinton then went postal - joined the USPS, then retired from that during Obama.

Post #: 29
- 11/16/2001 4:00:00 AM   
pxreiman

2x3 had a Mayalan game that should be adaptable to the TAO2/3 system. Of course, I am just a fan, what do I know.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Matrix Games To Publish Strategic Studies Group's Korsun Pocket Game Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI