Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A vs. B corps

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> A vs. B corps Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A vs. B corps - 1/26/2008 11:26:37 PM   
Sieben_slith

Hi, I'm new to this game. Can someone tell me the difference between corps rated A and those rated B? For CP units they have the same ratings for strength and readiness. Also, between artillery units rated L and those rated S-L? I'm sure I'll figure it out, but an explanation would save me some set-up woes for my first game.
Post #: 1
RE: A vs. B corps - 1/27/2008 12:43:51 AM   
boogada

Its the quality of the troops. A corps represent full trained professional regular army troops. B are traditional reserve units and so on. Troops loose quality when a country gets exhausted and loses moral, or if they got too much damage and replacement troops. The quality has an influence on some game stuff.

S-L arty is siege artillery, designed to knock down enemy fortifications. Very useful against forts.

(in reply to Sieben_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: A vs. B corps - 1/27/2008 1:08:14 AM   
Sieben_slith

Hi boogada,

I understand the historical meanings of A vs. B corps, just wondered what difference it made in game terms. I've played paper and cardboard wargames since I was a pup (and I'm an old dog now), but the manual for this game is about as useless as any I've ever seen. Still, it looks like a really intesesting game and I look forward to PBEM when I get up to speed.

danke schoen,
Sieben Elfriend
(my CRPG moniker)

(in reply to boogada)
Post #: 3
RE: A vs. B corps - 1/27/2008 1:14:09 AM   
boogada

As far as I understand it, troops with lesser quality suffer more losses when attacked by artlillery for example, and will loose readiness faster in some situations. So in Combat situations they will be less valuable then troops with better quality. 

(in reply to Sieben_slith)
Post #: 4
RE: A vs. B corps - 1/27/2008 10:41:13 AM   
hjaco

Quality level is converted to a numerical factor which has a straight influence on your adjusted to hit number. So a quality 7 has in the end a 2 point lesser to hit number than a quality number. As this is measured up by a randomized hit this means 2 % difference in your chance to inflict a hit. This influence is minor compared to say entrenches and terrain modification.

As Boogada mentions the major impact is your ability to withstand barrages and more specific loosing endurance and thereby combat ability.

(in reply to boogada)
Post #: 5
RE: A vs. B corps - 1/27/2008 10:42:25 AM   
hjaco

quote:

ORIGINAL: hjaco
than a quality number.

a "9" is missing

(in reply to hjaco)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> A vs. B corps Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI