Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 2/12/2008 9:38:38 PM   
PDiFolco

Cool, thanks Jason ! 

I Like this game, partly because it makes me drift back in time 10 years ...

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 31
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/13/2008 8:55:30 PM   
Arkady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Ah yes.. the brickwall was addressed and now we're wrapping it up. Still testing the bootcamp scenarios and revising a few of the order of battles.

Soooo close!

Jason Petho

ok, one month later...how close are we to release date ?

Post #: 32
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/13/2008 8:59:00 PM   
tide1212

Real close... testing is going well Arkady
Tide1

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

(in reply to Arkady)
Post #: 33
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/13/2008 9:13:04 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arkady

ok, one month later...how close are we to release date ?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1720910&mpage=4

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

The final 1.03 goes to Matrix on the night of March 23rd. How long it takes them to build the installer and update the new manual will be how long it takes to be released. Once it is out of my hands, I have no more control over it.

On the brightside, the last two weeks of BETA testing started already. There is one minor issue with one of the new features found so far that I hope the programmer can resolve.

Jason Petho

The issue has been resolved.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Arkady)
Post #: 34
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/13/2008 9:37:33 PM   
Dumnorix

I am very intesting, how many real changes are in this new 1.03 patch.

H.Balck

Post #: 35
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/13/2008 11:06:17 PM   
timshin42

Oh wonderful! We are all so looking forward to Dumnorix's encouraging and constructive comments when 1.03 comes out!

timshin42
"Freedom isn't free"

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 36
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/14/2008 1:50:55 AM   
Warhorse

He's comic relief...really!!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to timshin42)
Post #: 37
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/14/2008 2:12:42 AM   
tide1212

If it where a constructive critique that we would get I know it would be welcome. But from what I've see in the past I'm putting my money on the beat down

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 38
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/14/2008 4:15:55 PM   
countblue

Patience is the fastest horse.

Post #: 39
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/14/2008 8:13:29 PM   
1925frank

Not that anyone has asked, but here's my take on Dumnorix:

Dumnorix has an excellent mod based on JTCS.  In Dumnorix's opinion, his mod is infinitely better than JTCS.

Apparently as part of his scheme to market his mod, he disparages and denigrates JTCS and all efforts to improve it.  Essentially the pitch is a person would be foolish to settle for JTCS when a person could have Dumnorix's mod.

The problem is virtually everyone who frequents this forum is a fan, or perhaps even a big fan, of JTCS.  Dumnorix is, therefore, not preaching to the choir.  He is effectively telling JTCS fans that they are mistaken if they like JTCS.  To some extent, Dumnorix seems to want to creat fan discontent with JTCS to encourage Matrix into adopting his mod.  

I would think a better marketing approach would be to say that if you like JTCS, you'd love Dumnorix's mod.

Dumnorix's mods look great.  To promote his mod, I think he'd get farther -- a lot farther -- if he stopped attacking JTCS.  I wish him the best of luck on his mod.  I am greatly impressed with Dumnorix's work. 

Meanwhile, Jason is the person who made the Matrix edition possible, Jason is the very helpful moderator on this forum, and Jason is the person who works on the patches. 

(in reply to countblue)
Post #: 40
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/14/2008 10:41:34 PM   
Huib

I think scale wise the Dumnorix Mod is more in the same market as HPS PzC Series (1km scale hex).
A 1 km hex game can never be an alternative to a 250m hex game.

I would be happy if the mod was to be released officially to have an alternative to HPS PzC, as HPS in my experience do sloppy historical and sometimes bad topographical research. On top of that the HPS PzC doesn't have a map editor so it's impossible to correct their mapping mistakes.

< Message edited by Huib -- 3/14/2008 10:42:05 PM >

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 41
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/14/2008 11:17:16 PM   
1925frank

My understanding is there is a concern some of the graphics in Dumnorix's mod may invite a copyright infringement challenge.  If concerns about a copyright infringement are a deal-killer, one solution might be to come up with different graphics, but I'm out of my league on both copyright questions and gaming graphics.

I've read some concerns, in the context of Divided Ground, that 250m per hex works poorly with modern weapons.  Dumnorix's 1km per hex would appear to address those concerns. 

I would think any company thinking of running with Dumnorix's mod would want to know if there is a market for it.  JTCS fans would seem to be a natural.  Huib's comments show there are aspects of Dumnorix's mod that make it attractive when compared to games that directly compete with its scale -- Dumnorix's thoroughness and attention to accuracy and the map editor.

I would also think any company thinking of running with Dumnorix's mod would want to avoid as many headaches as possible, and the possible copyright issue -- whether it's valid or not -- looks like a major headache.  Even if it turns out there was no copyright infringement, there's still the headache and expense of fighting about it.  The possible expense of fighting over an alleged copyright infringement would defeat the purpose of marketing the game in the first place -- profit.  The copyright issue probably makes the mod look like a financial liability at this point.

(in reply to Huib)
Post #: 42
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/15/2008 6:46:37 AM   
e_barkmann

quote:

Hi Jason,

any chance the release schedule could now be brought forward so it could be released for the Easter break?

I'm sure there'd be a lot of happy gamers out there...

cheers Chris

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 43
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/15/2008 8:39:55 PM   
big dawg

Hi Dean,

IMHO Dumnorix is just an A$$.

Just my 2 cents.  (Like anyone really cares what I think.)

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 44
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/15/2008 9:26:05 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

quote:

Hi Jason,

any chance the release schedule could now be brought forward so it could be released for the Easter break?

I'm sure there'd be a lot of happy gamers out there...

cheers Chris

Hi Chris

No, I don't see that happening. The deadline to Matrix is the 23rd, and I am unsure how long it will take them to organize and release the UPDATE. I would imagine at least a week or so after they receive it. Not sure though, as they appear to have a lot on their plate.

Exciting times indeed!

Jason Petho

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 45
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/15/2008 11:18:25 PM   
timshin42

big dawg,

Let's not be politically correct ; tell it like it is!

His totally disgusting postings are mostly

timshin42
"Freedom isn't free"

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 46
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/18/2008 1:20:58 AM   
ird

Absolutely agree Big Dawg - and I refuse to even take a look at his mod because he does my head in so much

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 47
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/18/2008 1:48:09 AM   
Warhorse

A shame, as he does have some really good ideas, maybe something is lost in the translation? Any Germans out there care to ask him what the deal is? I just don't get why he come across as so arrogant, unless as I suggest, something is lost in translation? I'm just not sure, like to give everyone a fair shake, he even came across weird at first about my Korean War Mod, but in the end I truly think it was a translation thing sometimes??? He seemed totally cool about it later, don't know...

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to timshin42)
Post #: 48
RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... - 3/18/2008 12:33:31 PM   
Arctic Blast

I agree, I do believe a lot of it is a language issue...I don't think he intends to come across the way he does, but he doesn't quite understand that his WAY of speaking (well, typing) English is very smarmy and arrogant.

The thing that I remain baffled about, though, is the fact that he just cannot seem to let go of this strange dream he seems to have created of seeing a big pay day from his mod. This isn't to disrespect his modification in the least (though, as somebody said in another thread, some coherent explanation of what to do with these various file links he keeps posting would certainly be nice). However, a lot of games out there see a lot of, frankly, amazing modifications done for them (sort of interesting, actually, how the mod community has become vital in extending the lifeline of quite a few games), and I don't see those folks looking for a cheque. Sure, a lot of them are hoping to (and often succeeding in) having their mod open a door in to professional, and paid, software development down the road, but that's it. He seems to have deluded himself in to thinking he should get the money now, which puzzles me.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: 1:03 update spoiler request ... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI