Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Diplomacy in Commander

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Diplomacy in Commander Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Diplomacy in Commander - 2/8/2008 11:49:36 PM   
Spetsnaz

hi

just new to the game; doesnt look bad; have a few questions though

1. is there no way to tell with who you are at war at any moment? if there is , i cant find it
2. i sometimes have a small icon in the troop display saying " SEASONED" whan i hover my mouse over it - what is that?
3. can someone briefly tell me how the air combat stuff is done? airplanes seem to intercept from half the screen away
4. why do the brits have convoys and i (the Reich ) dont/cant buy them
5. i figured out the research stuff fairly quick (labs and al) but how do i increase the war effort? by upgrading production?
6. if tanks are upgraded to max, will you get different unit icons? (ie tiger icons or something)

id be obliged if someone could answer that 4 me

thx in advance,

Steven, Belgium
Post #: 1
RE: Diplomacy in Commander - 2/11/2008 8:28:43 PM   
wick

Hi Spetsnaz,

I am new as well but I will answer what I can for you:
1. is there no way to tell with who you are at war at any moment? if there is , i cant find it
- If you are at war you will see the enimies units in the world mini map or if you click the top hat you will see who you are not at war with.
2. i sometimes have a small icon in the troop display saying " SEASONED" whan i hover my mouse over it - what is that?
- I assume it means the troop has combat experience as opposed to a newly recuited unit. 3. can someone briefly tell me how the air combat stuff is done? airplanes seem to intercept from half the screen away?
- From what i have seem, if an opponent attacks a target that is within range of your fighter it will automatically defend unless it is anouther fighter unit, I think the range is the same as the movement distance so if your opponent attacks with 2 aircraft and you have 2 fighters within range defending both will defend one attack each.4. why do the brits have convoys and i (the Reich ) dont/cant buy them
- The brit convoys are supply for you U-Boats do destroy these convoys bring production points to Britan the little number beneath shows how much production points it will supply when it reaches Britan, they are automatically generated and Britan doesn't build any.5. i figured out the research stuff fairly quick (labs and al) but how do i increase the war effort? by upgrading production?
- war effort is static for German, if you want more production points conquer other lands.
6. if tanks are upgraded to max, will you get different unit icons? (ie tiger icons or something)
- yes the icon changes after you upgrade and also changes in the purchase screen.

"In the absence of orders, go find something to kill"

(in reply to Spetsnaz)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Diplomacy in Commander Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI