Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rain down on me.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Rain down on me. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rain down on me. - 2/20/2008 4:08:35 PM   
farticus

Started a stock 15 as Japan with advanced weather on. I'm starting to think advanced is code name for buttload as vitually half the missions over the first week or so have been cancelled due to weather.

Can I expect this to continue or will I start to see longer cycles between the different states of cloud, clear or rain? Does the game seasonally adjust the chances of any given weather type in each zone?

edit : half the missions out of Saigon

< Message edited by farticus -- 2/20/2008 4:14:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Rain down on me. - 2/20/2008 4:34:39 PM   
Feinder

The CBI area has a modifier to make the weather worse.  Unfortunately, once the weather tanks, it tends to stay tanked.  While the monsoon season in CBI would normally be about 6 months, in WitP, is pretty much all year (there is little chance to pull weather out of the toilet, once it goes there).

Without going into too much detail, suffice to say that the weather model in WitP is pretty basic.  If you do a search of the forums for "weather" and chant "Please forum search function, for the love of all that is holy, grant my supplication!", you might get one of the previous threads on how the model works.

As exp and morale increases in your squadrons, they're more likely to fly in poor weather.  But you'll also suffer greater ops losses.  Frankly, you don't have much choice.  Given that your mission might be cancelled at any time, you just have to set them to fly and hope they launch as often as possible.

Note that the weather has two chances to cancel your strike - your home AF might be socked in, or your target.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to farticus)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Rain down on me. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI