Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! - 2/26/2008 8:21:05 PM   
USSAmerica

Spring Training has already started! Paul, where's our thread for Matrix Fantasy Baseball '08???

< Message edited by USS America -- 2/28/2008 7:54:08 PM >

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Post #: 1
RE: Baseball!!! - 2/26/2008 8:58:49 PM   
Armygrognard

LOL! I'm in a CBS Sports league that has already drafted!

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/1/2008 7:01:18 PM   
USSAmerica

Paul, I'm sure you're busy, but please throw us a bone!

I caught some Spring Training baseball on TV yesterday afternoon in the break room at work.  I have Spring Fever now! 

Spring Fever.....I just found the name of my new season's team. 

Mike

(in reply to Armygrognard)
Post #: 3
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/7/2008 6:11:17 AM   
Guz

Paul....Paul....Paul....inquiring minds want to know....Paul....

The Guz

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 4
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/8/2008 3:48:59 AM   
panzers

Now that baseball is back on the radar here in Detroit, I might just have to take a look at this game.

(in reply to Guz)
Post #: 5
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/8/2008 3:50:17 AM   
panzers

World series: Red Sox or Tigers?
You can throw in the Yankees and maybe even the Indians or Angels, but please, no national league teams. I have a better chance at winning the lotto than a national league team winning the world series.

< Message edited by panzers -- 3/8/2008 3:52:29 AM >

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 6
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/8/2008 10:48:51 AM   
Arctic Blast

I've got a feeling about the Angels this year. Detroit and New York have insanely deep looking offenses, but who exactly is pitching? It will be Anaheim over...I'm gonna go with Atlanta making one last run.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 7
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/10/2008 10:12:44 PM   
Paul Vebber

SOrry for the delay, I will get the leagues set up and the particulars posted in the next couple of days. You guys are lucky again this year as I will be out of the country for the first 6weeks or so of the season...

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 8
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/11/2008 7:35:04 AM   
panzers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

I've got a feeling about the Angels this year. Detroit and New York have insanely deep looking offenses, but who exactly is pitching? It will be Anaheim over...I'm gonna go with Atlanta making one last run.

umm, how about the cy young favorite this year. Justin Verlander, and if Dontrelle willis should somehow regain his form from a couple of seasons ago, They'd have the best 1-2 punch in all of baseball.

< Message edited by panzers -- 3/11/2008 7:39:31 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/11/2008 2:48:36 PM   
ravinhood

Well you know what they say about "IF's". If IF's and But's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas. ;)

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 10
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/12/2008 10:11:27 PM   
Arctic Blast

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

umm, how about the cy young favorite this year. Justin Verlander, and if Dontrelle willis should somehow regain his form from a couple of seasons ago, They'd have the best 1-2 punch in all of baseball.

I like Verlander, but Willis was awful last year, not great the year before that, and now he's switching from pitching to a pitcher to throwing to a DH. Pitchers moving from the NL to the AL typically don't fare well in their first year. And after Jeremy Bonderman completely fell apart last year, and with Kenny Rogers being about 300 years old, the rest of the staff is one huge question mark. And yes, they have a bunch of relivers who throw 200 mph...and are always hurt.

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 11
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/24/2008 3:01:04 AM   
Paul Vebber

Sorry for the delay getting things set up - a lot to do before going to Japan lat this week.

Anyway the three leagues are set up. THe Managers from last year have been reinvited (if they gave their email)

THe Matrix Basic league is Matrix Basic Baseball (ID# 246018) password matrix at Yahoo: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/246018/1

THis league uses the default rules, and an autopick draft.

The weekly league is Matrix Weekly Baseball (ID# 246027) password matrix

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/246027

THis is a weekly league (you set your lineups by Monday and it is used for the whole week Monday - Sunday). It uses an Autopick draft.

The Pro league is Matrix Pro Baseball (ID# 246031) password matrix at:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/246031

THis a an online draft league and the draft is at 0930 Eastern on Sat March 30.

The other leagues auto pick drafts will be run Friday Night. I will be in Japan for the draft so you guys will probably have a leg up on me ;)

Good Luck!

As always the winner in each league gets a free game download (unless of course I win ;) )

Good LucK!

Post #: 12
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/24/2008 3:44:41 AM   
USSAmerica

I'm in for the Matrix Weekly League, representing my fellow Thread Brothers. 

Paul, as always, thanks for getting the leagues set up for us.  It's always loads of fun. 

Mike

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 13
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/24/2008 5:10:33 PM   
Guz

In. I'm in 2 leagues at the moment but if we need a spot in the basic league for someone else I'll give that up.

The Guz

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 14
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/25/2008 2:49:39 AM   
Arctic Blast

Sweet! I'm in the Weekly League.

(in reply to Guz)
Post #: 15
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/26/2008 4:33:39 AM   
Paul Vebber

THe more the Merrier - don't be shy about joining multiple leagues if you want. The Weekly needs one more and it would be good to get several more in the others!

Post #: 16
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/26/2008 5:07:44 AM   
wworld7

I joined the weekly yesterday, so let's get it on.

Flipper

Post #: 17
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/26/2008 11:45:47 AM   
Arctic Blast

Well then, I'll join the Basic, as well.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 18
RE: Baseball!!! - 3/27/2008 4:55:36 PM   
HORST324

We still need one more in the Weekly League. Come on - somebody step up!

Post #: 19
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! - 3/30/2008 3:35:54 AM   
Paul Vebber

We need one more in the Pro league - When we get it I will resked the online draft. Sorry fr the possible delay here but my availability over here in Japan is spotty...

The other two leagues are set to draft.Good Luck there! Good to the the popularity of the weekly league. Remeber that you have to go to a Monday in order to adjust your lineup there!

< Message edited by Paul Vebber -- 3/30/2008 3:36:26 AM >

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 20
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! - 3/30/2008 5:25:31 AM   
Zeta16

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paul Vebber

We need one more in the Pro league - When we get it I will resked the online draft. Sorry fr the possible delay here but my availability over here in Japan is spotty...

The other two leagues are set to draft.Good Luck there! Good to the the popularity of the weekly league. Remeber that you have to go to a Monday in order to adjust your lineup there!

Why don't we kick some one out. I got up all early today and no draft. I can do Sunday and Thursady and Friday night.

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of government, and with three little words: 'We the people.' 'We the people' tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us." -Ronald Reagan

Post #: 21
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! - 3/30/2008 11:30:48 AM   
Arctic Blast

And in BOTH FREAKING LEAGUES I end up with a catcher who's going to AAA. Fantastic start.

(in reply to Zeta16)
Post #: 22
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! - 3/30/2008 6:33:38 PM   
USSAmerica

I edited my pre rankings and excluded Saltalamaccia. 

I'm pretty happy with the depth of my lineup in the Weekly league, especially with 10 teams.  My pitching may be a work in progress over the course of the season. 

Let's Play Ball! 

Mike

Post #: 23
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! - 3/31/2008 10:08:42 PM   
Mad Cow

Yea someone join the pro league. 

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 24
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! - 4/2/2008 1:47:51 PM   
Paul Vebber

Come on guys one more - I don't want to have to get my sister again - She never lets me forget when she beats me...

(in reply to Mad Cow)
Post #: 25
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! - 9/26/2008 4:21:40 PM   
Paul Vebber

We are in the final weekend of Fantasy Basebal and the matchups are going down to the wire!

In the weekly league the Hamburg Redsox managed by s_palkowski has a narrow 7 to margin over Mark Nelms Tornadoes.

In the batting categories Hamburg Sox lead 48-42 in runs, 14-13 in HRs and .744 - .732 in OPS on strong weeks from Albert Pujols, Bobby Abreu, and Vlady Guerrero. Tornadoes lead 60-57 in RBI, 136-132 in total bases and .248-.233 in BA. David Wright, Chris Young, Derrick Lee and Adam Dunn are gittin 'r done for the Tornadoes. Both these power hitting teams are tied with a weak 3 Stolen bases each.

In Pitching Tornadoes leads 6-4 in wins and has a commanding 8-3 lead in saves. A slight advantage in K/9 of 9.6 to 9 needs to improve to help Tornadoes keep their narrow lead. Tonight Tornadoes has John Lackey and Ryan Dempster starting and Sunday has Joe Saunders. Hamburg Redsox has an even more commanding 10-3 lead in holds and a solid 3.00 - 3.58 ERA avantage. Thinner margins of 1.23 - 1.32 in WHIP and 2.88 - 2.78 in K/BB will need to be shored up by Derek Lowe tonight, Javier Lopez and Matt Cain Saturday and Mike Mussina on Sunday. Tornadoes is going to likely have to makea couple trdes for the week end to get at least one more start this weekend, or play it safe hoping For bad starts from the Red Sox bevy of starters.

In any case this one is very much up for grabs!

In the Basic League Mark Nelms Tornadoes is also in the finals agianst the Red Sawks of Yours Truely. I have a VERY thin 5-4 lead going into the final weekend with nearly all the categories still up in the air. I lead in RBI 56-43, and stolen bases 4-3 Thanks to the awakening of David Ortiz and Albert Pujols bats and steady perforance by Chase Utley and Alex Rios. Tornadoes holds a 45-44 lead in Runs, a 15-12 margin in Home runs and a solid .266 - .247 lead in Batting Average. Ryan Howard, Prince Fielder and Jacoby Ellsbury have been the drivers of those advantages. In Pitching my Staff has 5-4 lead in wins (despite not getting home intome to take advantage of Roy Hallidays win, but getting a gimme for Salmon Torres in Ryan Brauns walk off Grand Slam performacne to keep the Brew Crew tied with the Mets for the Wild Card). I have a 10-8 lead in saves and a solid 3.34 - 4.48 lead in ERA. I made moves for the weekend to pick up Josh Beckett and Chris Young who start Saturday. I have Derek Lowe Tonight and Cole Hamels and Mike Mussina on Sunday. Tornadoes leads in Ks 64-53 and we are dead even at 1.39 in WHIP. Tornadoes has Dan Haren and Ryan Dempster tonight and Cliff Lee on Sunday. He only has a three man bullpen (Fancisco Cordero, BRad Lidge and Brian Fuentes to match my deeper pen off Joe Nathan, Jensen Lewis, Saloman Torres, Fernando Rodney and Jonathan Broxton.

This will be another VERY exciting finish! Will we have a Unified Belt for Tornadoes winnging both leagues! Or will he get NOTHING!!!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 26
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! - 9/27/2008 1:59:26 PM   
Paul Vebber

Tornadoes makes their move!

In the weekly league, Tornadoes have moved into a commanding 9-5 lead. Threatening to take all Offensive categories (Trailing 49-50 in runs - and ahead 15-14 in HRs, 70-59 in RBI, 4-3 in SB, 154-137 in TB .251 - .234 in BA and .745 - .736 in OPS) it will be VERY difficult for Hamburg Red Sox to come back!

In the Basic league Tornadoes has turned the tables with a 5-4 lead. It is still very close with Tornadoes leading by 52-51 in runs, 19-13 in HRs and .284 - .254 in BA. He has a 79-57 lead in Ks and a narrow a.34 - 1.38 lead in WHIP. With Potential scratch Cliff Lee his only pitcher the rest of the weekend he looks to be hoping to let me play myself out of the lead in ERA though with a 3.16 - 4.3 lead that will be tough. With Beckett taking a night off I added Twins hot Scott Baker for what could be a crucial start Sunday against KC. I have Chris Young tonight and Cole Hamels and Mike Mussina to hopefull get my K count competitive.

I made a couple offensive adjustments adding Red Hot Shin Soo Choo and Base stealer Cesar Izturis.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 27
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! - 9/28/2008 4:25:40 PM   
Paul Vebber

Tornados Holds onto a 7-5 lead over Hamburg Red Sox in the weekly league with 2 categories tied a 52-52 tie in runs a 4-4 tie in Stolen bases and2 close .248 - .243 in BA in favor of Tornados at 2.75-2.70 in K/BB in favor of Red Sox. Tornados has the advantage but does not have it sown up...

In the Basic League the night went poor for Tornados as I have gone back in front 6-3 and with Cliff Lee a likely scratch and on his bench, Tornados is relying on his Bullpen to keep his K lead and hope I ply myself to of my 1.36 -1.37 WHIP advantage. With Hamels taking the day off as the Phils have cliched, I have Mussina and Scott Baker going today. Stolen bases are tied at 5-5 and WHIP is essentially tied. I have a 56-55 lead in Runs cored. Tornadoes will likely win HRs (20-15) and I have RBI (66-58) Tornados has BA (.287-2.62). I have a 6-4 edge in wins and 13-9 lead in saves and a 3.40 - 4.36 ERA advantage.

My lead looks big, but is VERY precarious!!
Good luck today! IT s always great when the leagues go down to the last day!

Post #: 28
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! - 9/29/2008 11:53:22 AM   
nelmsm1

Congratulations Paul on winning the Basic Baseball championship. I really got hurt this last week with lots of my folks not playing due to the playoff situation. Sure wish I could have counted that make up game today as I've got 3 White Sox players and one Tiger that would have helped. I also really missed Lee pitching yesterday.....as did the Twins!

Post #: 29
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! - 9/29/2008 12:10:46 PM   
Paul Vebber

You did take the weekly league - so Congrats on that! I have you in my Skype list - let me know what game you want we can coordinate getting it to you!

Go Brewers!

(in reply to nelmsm1)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Fantasy Baseball!!! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI