Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battalion HQ not Appearing in DCG

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Battalion HQ not Appearing in DCG Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battalion HQ not Appearing in DCG - 2/29/2008 11:32:40 AM   
anthonykevinluke

Hi Jason,

I am not sure if it is a bug or not, but when ever I start a DCG with West Front choosing either a PZ or SS PZ Corps and select a battalion as my DCG start force, its battalion HQ does not appear. I have only had the game a week or so (played the old EF/WF for years) and have only tried it so far in WF with Tk Comd in a battalion DCG, but the battalion HQ never arrives or starts (defend situation). I have updated to 1.02b before starting. {Edit} Tried as Inf comd and same thing occurred. Is this a known problem that will be fixed in the LONG awaited and HIGHLY anticipated 1.03 patch. Many thanks for your hard work on this excellent game. For your consideration.

Regards,

Tony luke
Post #: 1
RE: Battalion HQ not Appearing in DCG - 2/29/2008 2:21:36 PM   
tide1212

Hi Tony

I tried Caen and Beyond using your setup and got battalion hq's. What campaign are you playing?

Tide1

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

(in reply to anthonykevinluke)
Post #: 2
RE: Battalion HQ not Appearing in DCG - 3/1/2008 12:52:59 AM   
anthonykevinluke

tide1212,

Thank you for your response. I am indeed using Caen and Beyond, DCG, WF. The Battalion HQ that is missing is always the core battalion HQ, all others are there or turn up as reinforcements. Has happened everytime. I had a look at an EF DCG and RS DCG, battalion level, and they both had no problems, i.e. leader and core battalion HQ were there. If you are not getting this problem then I am very puzzled. The game seems to play perfectly otherwise. I will try a few more setups and report back. I did play one Caen and Beyond for three battles hoping to see if the HQ would appear but it did not. Hopefully yourself or the JCS Guru Jason has some idea to help. Absolute worst case I could try reloading. I look forward to hearing from the community ref my issue. 

Regards,

Tony

(in reply to tide1212)
Post #: 3
RE: Battalion HQ not Appearing in DCG - 3/1/2008 1:09:37 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: tony luke

tide1212,

Thank you for your response. I am indeed using Caen and Beyond, DCG, WF. The Battalion HQ that is missing is always the core battalion HQ, all others are there or turn up as reinforcements. Has happened everytime. I had a look at an EF DCG and RS DCG, battalion level, and they both had no problems, i.e. leader and core battalion HQ were there. If you are not getting this problem then I am very puzzled. The game seems to play perfectly otherwise. I will try a few more setups and report back. I did play one Caen and Beyond for three battles hoping to see if the HQ would appear but it did not. Hopefully yourself or the JCS Guru Jason has some idea to help. Absolute worst case I could try reloading. I look forward to hearing from the community ref my issue. 

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony

There is one primary reason why the HQ wouldn't show up during a battle.

When creating the order of battles, there is a minor hiccup that insists that the HQ unit be at the top of the organization. In some of the order of battles that were included in 1.00 through 1.02, the leader had taken that top position. As you have found, when the program was looking for the HQ in the "proper" location, it couldn't find it and didn't include it in the campaign.

Of course, this will be remedied in the 1.03 UPDATE.

Jason Petho

Post #: 4
RE: Battalion HQ not Appearing in DCG - 3/1/2008 2:35:42 AM   
anthonykevinluke

Good Morning/Evening Jason (time zone pending),

Many thanks for your kind reply. I have spent the last three hours trying every WF DCG campaign variable from from both axis and allied sides. In doing so I found that the problem was only in the german orbats, the core Battalion HQ never appeared (very hard to win with no ammo!). For all allied DCG it was present and I had no problems. Is it worth fixing in some way or should I just play the scenarios and await the 'Holy Grail' (1.03)? Your support, enthusiasm and dedication is unrivaled. Many thanks.

Regards,

Tony

PS - 'Roll on 1.03!'

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 5
RE: Battalion HQ not Appearing in DCG - 3/1/2008 2:44:35 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Good Morning/Evening Jason (time zone pending),

Almost evening at the moment, as I am in Calgary, Alberta.

quote:

Many thanks for your kind reply.

My pleasure indeed.

quote:

I have spent the last three hours trying every WF DCG campaign variable from from both axis and allied sides. In doing so I found that the problem was only in the german orbats, the core Battalion HQ never appeared (very hard to win with no ammo!). For all allied DCG it was present and I had no problems. Is it worth fixing in some way or should I just play the scenarios and await the 'Holy Grail' (1.03)?

DCG's will require a restart anyway with 1.03, so I would recommend holding off for the UPDATE.

Tis so close, so close indeed!

quote:

Your support, enthusiasm and dedication is unrivaled. Many thanks.

Far too kind, thank you!
Jason Petho

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Battalion HQ not Appearing in DCG Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI