Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PE adding new weapons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> PE adding new weapons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PE adding new weapons - 3/6/2008 2:40:26 PM   
Yorkiesand235

I would like to add some new weapons to Harpoon , the only thing I can't reconcile is the magazines (on ships and subs) there is no option on the main menu of the pe to add them, but is it ok to add new vales to the magazines table direct ??
Post #: 1
RE: PE adding new weapons - 3/6/2008 3:19:00 PM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yorkiesand23a
I would like to add some new weapons to Harpoon , the only thing I can't reconcile is the magazines (on ships and subs) there is no option on the main menu of the pe to add them, but is it ok to add new vales to the magazines table direct ??

If you've created the new weapon in the Weapons annex already, then yes, you can add the Weapon directly to the magazine of any ship, mobile land unit (MLU) or installation. There are no magazines aboard submarines. Two things to keep in mind:

(1) When creating a new Weapon, be sure not to use the last entry in the annex (its a Nuke), but skip to the next one. Weapons have their own internal numbering system, and you do not want to mess it up.
(2) Be sure the new Weapon you've added to the magazine matches the weapon being used by the corresponding Mount.

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Yorkiesand235)
Post #: 2
RE: PE adding new weapons - 3/6/2008 4:45:59 PM   
Yorkiesand235

Thank you sir.

Post #: 3
RE: PE adding new weapons - 3/6/2008 6:29:17 PM   
Shark7

A few tips on magazines:

1. You will need to make sure that the weapon you add to the magazines is the exact one found in the mount or it will not work. This must be the corresponding weapon annex number.

2. The first number in the magazine entry is for the number of reloads. IE if you have a magazine of 60 rounds, that is the number of rounds shared among all like mounts. So if you have 2 127mm mounts on a ship, it will share those rounds. You can have multiple magazines of the same type weapon though.

3. The second number is the time to reload in minutes. IE 15 means it takes the mount 15 minutes to reload.

4. IIRC, 255 is the max number for any weapon/time that can be used in the PE. CV32 can clarify this for sure.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Post #: 4
RE: PE adding new weapons - 3/6/2008 6:53:42 PM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7
255 is the max number for any weapon/time that can be used in the PE. CV32 can clarify this for sure.

Yup. Turns out that, as far as the PE is concerned, its the 255 Enigma, and not the 23 Enigma.

Brad Leyte
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 5
RE: PE adding new weapons - 3/6/2008 11:01:24 PM   
SmittyG

I've always been a bit confused by these issues in the data base.
Each mount has entries for "Mounts", "Rounds", "Tubes", and "Targets". In addition there is a section for "Weapons" below that in the DB form.

If I look at the US Tico (with rail launcher), there are no missiles in the Magazines, but the Mounts, Rounds, Tubes, and Targets have 1, 44, 2, and 6, respectively. the weapons section has a total 44 weapons listed.

For the Tico VLS one of the cells has 1, 255, 61, 6 for the first set of numbers and and lists 61 missiles in the Weapons sections, but still nothing in the magazines. What does the 255 mean?

For the Long Beach MK44 ABL the numbers for Mount, Rounds, Tubes, and Targets are 2, 4, 4, 1, respectively, but the weapons wection list only contains 1 one weapon of one type, not the totals as in the above cases.

How do you tell how many missiles are available for the initial salvo and how many available with re-loads. For example the SAM PAC-1 battery has 2 PAC-1 platoons. Each platoon has 4 Mounts, 4 Rounds, 4 Tubes and 4 Targets and there are 120 missile in the magazine. If there are a large number of targets how many can be launched? Does the number vary based Surface SAM fire rate?

Smitty

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 6
RE: PE adding new weapons - 3/6/2008 11:22:27 PM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: smitty
If I look at the US Tico (with rail launcher), there are no missiles in the Magazines, but the Mounts, Rounds, Tubes, and Targets have 1, 44, 2, and 6, respectively. the weapons section has a total 44 weapons listed.

Mount = 1 means we're dealing with one mount
Rounds = 44 means we have a total of 44 rounds (missiles) in the mount
Tubes = 2 means the mount has two tubes (or in this case, rails, i.e. a twin rail launcher)
Targets = 6 means the number of targets that can be engaged

There are no missiles in the magazines because the mount itself contains all of the available missiles.

quote:

For the Tico VLS one of the cells has 1, 255, 61, 6 for the first set of numbers and and lists 61 missiles in the Weapons sections, but still nothing in the magazines. What does the 255 mean?

255 is the maximum number of weapons in any given mount. I sometimes use it in VLS (vertical launch system) mounts because quad packed weapons sometimes mean more than 61 missiles in the 61 VLS cells.

Again, nothing in the magazines because the VLS mount already holds all the missiles available.

quote:

For the Long Beach MK44 ABL the numbers for Mount, Rounds, Tubes, and Targets are 2, 4, 4, 1, respectively, but the weapons wection list only contains 1 one weapon of one type, not the totals as in the above cases.

Two mounts (i.e. two quad launchers), each with four missiles in four tubes.

Brad Leyte
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to SmittyG)
Post #: 7
RE: PE adding new weapons - 3/7/2008 4:27:12 PM   
Shark7

The guns are a better example of where magazines will come into play.  Working from memory here, one particular 76mm weapon has 10 'bursts' of fire that represent the ready rounds in the mount (IE the ammo stored in the turret itself).  There are an additional 60 'bursts' in the magazines, but these rounds must be loaded into the turret by the crew.

Also keep in mind that some weapons are described as bursts which is multiple shots over 1 min (these are mostly very small calibre weapons and AAA), while other are rounds which is 1 shell per 1 shot.  So as you look at the mounts in the GE or PE, some may seem to have far too few shots, when in reality they are burst firing. 

Once again, CV32 can explain in better detail, as he has done all of the DB work for HCE.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> PE adding new weapons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI