Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 5/14/2008 2:11:43 AM   
newabortion

a five second google search turned this up http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/04/how-to-rip-audio-from-youtube-videos.html

NeWaBoRtIoN: btw me and my buddys are haveing a huge discussion, who would win, Master chief or Link?
Daviald: Who is mater chief and link?
Daviald: :)
NeWaBoRtIoN: WTF

(in reply to Audie Murphy)
Post #: 31
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 6/19/2008 9:31:26 AM   
spinel

I was reading this thread with some interest as I also feel that the OPFOR list in the game as is is somewhat deficient. I am also a bit dissatisfied with the lack of AP amunitions by tank guns and that the OPFOR tanks have a tendency to be blown up really easily. Hence using VDV's attachments as a base, I have made some adjustments:

> added a T-90 tank;
> added a (Chinese) Type 98 tank (out of curiosity of how the game would render an Abrams turret on a Soviet tank hull);
> added AP ammunitions for (all?) the tank guns; and
> increased the firing rate of the Eastern guns (even though the autoloader of the 125 mm gun is not as fast as a M1A2 crew, 2 shots a minute is truly unfair and gives the OPFOR tanks too little survivability).

(For simplicity, I used ratios from TOAW III as a way to derive new armor and damage values from existing values.)

I would love to hear of your suggestions (and amendments)!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by spinel -- 6/19/2008 9:36:23 AM >

(in reply to newabortion)
Post #: 32
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 6/19/2008 9:32:31 AM   
spinel

And here's the vehicles file

Attachment (1)

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 33
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 6/19/2008 9:33:10 AM   
spinel

And a weapons file.

[I don't remember having changed the soldiers and the blueteams files from VDV's versions so I'm not going to repost them.]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by spinel -- 6/19/2008 9:35:56 AM >

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 34
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 6/20/2008 12:00:54 AM   
Andrew Williams

Here is VDV and Spinels work as Modswap plugins.

Unzip the files to your \plugins folder and then use ModSwap to install.

Play and enjoy.

Available HERE

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ccmt/ccmt.html

< Message edited by Andrew Williams -- 6/20/2008 2:17:17 AM >

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 35
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 6/24/2008 4:36:50 AM   
spinel

Thanks, Mr. Williams, for packaging the changes!

I was also trying to add some graphics as well, but I was coming into some trouble. I was able to change the icons in the unit selection screen, but unable to change the icons in the in-game Team Monitor.

Would you mind giving me some suggestions? Thanks!

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 36
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 6/29/2008 3:56:42 AM   
spinel

I have added a bit more stuff to the mod!

http://www.mediafire.com/?41mbdjnym5v
(If for some reason it downloads as a *.ccm.zip file, just rename it as *.ccm for it to play.)

I have added the following:

> T-34/85 (a tank which the third world nations are much likelier to possess than T-80 anyway)
> IDF M50 Super Sherman;
> Syrian PzIVJ;
> IDF Ti-67 Tiran; and
> PT-76

I have also included a new version of "Desert Clash" with these new equipment.

I made graphics for the PT-76 but the graphics for the WWII-based equipment were "borrowed" from the CCVinCCMT mod. All the tanks however have been given more powerful munitions than in the WWII versions of Close Combat to reflect the improvements in munitions since then. (And so, for instance, the M50 in the mod does give the T-55 a run for its money [as it did in reality].) With the PT-76, T-34/85 and the pre-existing tanks, I think practically all the armored vehicles (barring the Chinese copies of the Soviet equipment) used by the NVA have some representations so those who like to delve into that war can try toying around with it.

I hope this will spark and inspire some suggestions/changes/additions! I honestly don't know much about infantry squad compositions so I appreciate anyone adding things to the mod. And in particular if anyone can draw a Centurion or a Patton tank that would really help out in creating scenarios for the Vietnam War or the Arab-Israeli Wars ....

< Message edited by spinel -- 6/29/2008 3:59:24 AM >

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 37
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 6/30/2008 12:42:08 AM   
z1812

Hi Spinel,

Thanks for your work. 2 questions.

1. Is this the complete mod? So I can delete the earlier?

2. I would like to try my hand at modding this game. What tools are you using and could you tell me where to find them?

Thank you.

Regards John

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 38
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 6/30/2008 8:17:39 AM   
spinel

Hi, z1812,

The file on mediafire is indeed complete. Any files I post will completely supplant older versions. There is no need to retain/install older versions for the newer versions to work.

If you are editing only the data (and not graphics), then it is simply enough to use the workbook here:

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ccmt/ccmt.html

(A suggestion: Make changes to the workbook, then copy only the lines of corrections you make in Excel to your actual weapons.txt, redteams.txt, etc. Do not copy wholesale the tables in the workbook into the data file. This is because the program will crash if some illegal entry is made and it is a real pain to try to isolate the source of the error unless you do incremental and small changes.)

If you want to edit the graphics, you need to open up the .azp files. Go download RtBTool, which has help functions in the program that explains in much greater detail how to fix things. (For the actual graphics modification, I use RtBTool to turn the .tga files into .png and edit them in Paint and then turn the .png back into .tga.)

If you want to borrow data from mods for other versions of Close Combat (say, you find a CCV mod helpful), go download QClone to open up their files.

Have fun! And if you have changes you think will improve the current mod, please share!

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 39
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 6/30/2008 8:31:21 AM   
spinel

Ah, I forgot to add.

RtBTool is here:

http://home.claranet.de/ftf/

QClone is here:

http://www.closecombatonline.com/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=108&orderby=dateD

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 40
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 6/30/2008 4:37:16 PM   
z1812

Hi Spinel,

Thank you very much.

Regards John

Post #: 41
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 6/30/2008 6:37:15 PM   
lstp04

quote:

ORIGINAL: spinel

If you are editing only the data (and not graphics), then it is simply enough to use the workbook here:

Ok - So if I only want to edit the "data" (to begin with) in creating some new units / tweaking existing units....I can just edit the values within the Workbook - Then save it - Correct -

Thanks

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 42
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 6/30/2008 9:56:07 PM   
spinel

quote:

ORIGINAL: lstp04

quote:

Ok - So if I only want to edit the "data" (to begin with) in creating some new units / tweaking existing units....I can just edit the values within the Workbook - Then save it - Correct -

Thanks

Indeed. You make the appropriate changes in the workbook, then transfer the changes into the appropriate .txt file. (It would be fairly obvious if you rename my .ccm file into a .zip file, unzip, and look at the contents.)

Good luck!

(in reply to lstp04)
Post #: 43
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/3/2008 1:55:29 AM   
z1812

Hi All,

Spinel thanks very much for the tools. I have done my first vehicle mod. It changes the "Normal Bradley". I have given the hull and turret a little darker outline and that seems to pop the vehicle out a little more. Also you can clearly see the gun now even when it is in line with the hull. I eliminated the light sandy camo areas and put in some black to be more in line with Nato Forest Camo.

As soon as Matrix has their site switch complete then I will post it.

As I look at the vehicles in game it seems to me most could benefit with some outlining and a bit of darkening of the main gun. Mind you it is very repetitious work.

I have also been making a few scenarios that I think will prove entertaining. Again to be posted when the site switch is complete.

regards John

Post #: 44
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/4/2008 11:18:33 AM   
spinel

quote:

Spinel thanks very much for the tools. I have done my first vehicle mod. It changes the "Normal Bradley" ....

Hi, John, I'm glad to have helped. Would you want to work on the mod together? We can put the graphics together and I think it would be nice.

And on that note, there's this:

quote:

ZSU Shilka is also one of my favorites and I would love to see it in game (I was looking for it in the patch but it was not there).

I agree and so I have a 7/4 gift for the poster then (not so much of a gift for the poor virtual Army infantrymen):

http://www.mediafire.com/?bjz21dd2tet

(If it downloads as a .zip file, just rename it into a .ccm file.)

There are some other updated things as well (e.g. the PT-76 is "shortened", slightly [I feel] improved weapons.txt), etc.

I still hope someone can help draw a M60A3. It's "easy" to draw these vehicles with lots of flat surfaces (e.g. ZSU-23-4) or those where the variants are already in-game (e.g. T-80U) but it's far out of my ability to draw something like a M60A3 ....

And as always, suggestions/changes/comments/requests are always welcome.

< Message edited by spinel -- 7/4/2008 11:20:24 AM >

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 45
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/4/2008 5:05:14 PM   
z1812

Hi All,

Anyone know of a tool similiar to the RtBTool for modding soldiers? I see there are some DOS tools but I would need one for Windows.

Regards John

Post #: 46
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/4/2008 9:07:58 PM   
spinel

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812

Hi All,

Anyone know of a tool similiar to the RtBTool for modding soldiers? I see there are some DOS tools but I would need one for Windows.

Regards John

The same guy who made RtBTool also made CC2Spriter. Go visit the same site:

http://home.claranet.de/ftf/

and get that instead.

< Message edited by spinel -- 7/4/2008 9:10:08 PM >

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 47
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/8/2008 9:44:27 PM   
GaryChildress

Hi spinel,

I've been looking at your data mod (First off, excellent mod! I will never play stock again) and think I found a small, small typo or something. In Soldiers.txt under the entry for the "Arty spotter / Ak-74" it appears to me that there is no AK-74 in the list of weapons carried by this soldier. For a secondary weapon a fragmentation grenade #27 is listed. Is this correct? I may be mistaken as I'm not entirely versed in the data files yet.

Thanks.

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 48
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/10/2008 1:26:47 AM   
spinel

Hi, Gary,

Thanks for your interest, and good catch! That was definitely a mistake. It should read 33 instead of 27, and the problem is now fixed.

Speaking of which, I like your new additions you posted on your other thread, even though I don't know how accurate they are either. Would you mind posting your new Blueteams.txt (or weapons.txt if you modified it at all) so I can marry it all together with the current mod before I reissue it? For what it's worth, maybe you can take some inspiration from what winSPMBT has for the Rangers:

10 men Ranger Squad of '94-'05 vintage> M4A1, M249 SAW, M203 GL, Stinger
2 men Ranger Anti-Tank Squad of '90 -'09 vintage> M136/AT4 LAW, M16
2 men Ranger Scout of '94-'05 vintage> M4A1
2 men Ranger Anti-Tank Squad of '75-'05 vintage> 66 mm (M202A1, I'm guessing?) Flame Rocket, M16

Anyway, I hope the mod continues to take the open source tack, and I think the mod should be renamed the "Combined Community Mod" (joke meant ) or something to reflect that.

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 49
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/10/2008 2:09:32 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

Hi, Gary,

Thanks for your interest, and good catch! That was definitely a mistake. It should read 33 instead of 27, and the problem is now fixed.

Speaking of which, I like your new additions you posted on your other thread, even though I don't know how accurate they are either. Would you mind posting your new Blueteams.txt (or weapons.txt if you modified it at all) so I can marry it all together with the current mod before I reissue it? For what it's worth, maybe you can take some inspiration from what winSPMBT has for the Rangers:

10 men Ranger Squad of '94-'05 vintage> M4A1, M249 SAW, M203 GL, Stinger
2 men Ranger Anti-Tank Squad of '90 -'09 vintage> M136/AT4 LAW, M16
2 men Ranger Scout of '94-'05 vintage> M4A1
2 men Ranger Anti-Tank Squad of '75-'05 vintage> 66 mm (M202A1, I'm guessing?) Flame Rocket, M16

Anyway, I hope the mod continues to take the open source tack, and I think the mod should be renamed the "Combined Community Mod" (joke meant ) or something to reflect that.

Cool beans!

Unfortunately the Ranger/Airborne mod is a little ways from finish. I'm still trying to get difinitive confirmation on what the team composition should be. I can give you what I have so far to look over. I made one change. I took out the "A" and "B" teams and just have a generic Ranger and Airborne Fire Team. What info I could get on the teams came from these sites:

http://orbat.com/site/toe/toe/usa/platoontoe.html

http://www.globalspecialoperations.com/ranger.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireteam

This is what I have so far:

Blue Teams file (8 teams added):

Attachment (1)

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 50
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/10/2008 2:10:52 AM   
GaryChildress

The only other file I had to modify was the soldiers file. 1 soldier added Arty spotter/M4A1 carbine

Let me know what you think.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 51
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/10/2008 2:35:40 AM   
spinel

Thanks, Gary!

Unfortunately, it seems like the Matrix forum is not functioning properly and I can't get your text files. Can you put your .txt files in a .zip and upload it to mediafire? That way I can pick it up.

By the way, I think I will downgrade the experience levels and morale of every other squad except for the special forces units so they "stand out". Since this requires changing the entire blueteams.txt and redteams.txt, I hope you can wait until I post the new files (after incorporating your current changes) before making more changes.

Post #: 52
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/10/2008 2:50:17 AM   
GaryChildress

Try this. I uploaded it to my yahoo geocities web site.

http://www.geocities.com/garychildress47/ABNRangers.zip

EDIT: I like your idea of downgrading experience levels. That should make a very interesting mod.

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 7/10/2008 2:52:26 AM >

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 53
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/10/2008 5:05:14 AM   
spinel

Thanks, Gary.

Here, give this new draft a try:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmymxrww3h1

(As usual, just rename the file to .ccm if it saved as .ccm.zip.)

I have changed all the morale and experience of the other units. I think this is a good scheme:

> Army - Generally given 1st line ranking experience
> SVR - Somewhere between 1st line ranking and 2nd line ranking experience
> US Airborne Forces - Given experienced status
> US Rangers and Special Forces - Given elite status
> VDV - Given somewhere between 1st line ranking and experienced status
> Spestnaz - Given elite experience
> Snipers, Hunter/Killer, command teams given more morale than regular rifle squads

As the game is, there are way too many rank 4 and 5 units and barely any unit have experience rank 1 or 2. Anyway, I will give the morale and experience of the other units another pass later since this is just a quick draft.

I also renumbered/renamed your units a bit to keep the unit list sane and to make things easier to find. You will now find them at blueteams.txt 121-127 and 142 instead of at the bottom of the list. (You can probably tell I'm trying to keep alphabetical order on the branch of service. )

Have fun!

Post #: 54
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/10/2008 5:12:28 PM   
lstp04

quote:

Thanks, Gary.

I have changed all the morale and experience of the other units. I think this is a good scheme:

> Snipers, Hunter/Killer, command teams given more morale than regular rifle squads

As the game is, there are way too many rank 4 and 5 units and barely any unit have experience rank 1 or 2. Anyway, I will give the morale and experience of the other units another pass later since this is just a quick draft.

I also renumbered/renamed your units a bit to keep the unit list sane and to make things easier to find. You will now find them at blueteams.txt 121-127 and 142 instead of at the bottom of the list. (You can probably tell I'm trying to keep alphabetical order on the branch of service. )

Have fun!

Spinel -

Great efforts you are donig here - I like the idea of tweaking down "morale" as well for many units -

Is there any chance I can just download (or have you send me via email) your changes within the workbook? Not your whole mod.....but just your workbook. I would like to look it over via excel....and see the changes and such.

Thank you if possible.

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 55
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/10/2008 11:35:33 PM   
GaryChildress

quote:

Thanks, Gary.

Have fun!

Looks great!

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 56
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/11/2008 12:12:21 AM   
spinel

quote:

Spinel -

Great efforts you are donig here - I like the idea of tweaking down "morale" as well for many units -

Is there any chance I can just download (or have you send me via email) your changes within the workbook? Not your whole mod.....but just your workbook. I would like to look it over via excel....and see the changes and such.

Thank you if possible.

Hi, lstp04,

You can grab it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?v2btl2mjdnt

Given how fluid the state of the mod is, it actually is better if you just open up the .ccm file every time I post one and cope/paste all the data in the .txt files into the Workbook. Or maybe I should just put the Workbook within the .ccm next time to make life easier.

Anyway, feel free to give comments on possible mistakes, errors, additions, etc.!

(in reply to lstp04)
Post #: 57
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/11/2008 12:22:20 AM   
spinel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Looks great!

Thanks for working on it!

By the way, and do tell me if this is too tough or not, would you mind making a scenario featuring the new units (maybe once you get your map done)? I think it would be a great addition to the mod and a good way to test the units.

Post #: 58
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/11/2008 1:54:36 AM   
GaryChildress

Map making will take a while to master. But I could create a scenario from existing maps for the new units.

EDIT: I usually just do two player scenarios with the BGs locked if that's OK.

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 7/11/2008 1:57:16 AM >

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 59
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/13/2008 2:22:02 AM   
VDV

Cool.. Nice to see this kind of took on a life of it's own.

I have actually altered about 90% of the original early stuff that I posted. I've added a few things here and there and fleshed out a Current Russian To&E (Heavy on the VDV forces) based on the unit revisions During Grozny #1 and after Grozny #2. In these additions I've added MVD internal troop units and also separated out the different "classes" of General SVRF (Russian ground forces or Sukhoputnye voiska Rossíyskoy Federátsii) to High readiness and conscript formations. (I.E. "Guards" units and reserve / security units)

It has been a challenge to keep simplicity and functionality along with accuracy in doing so. Current Russian units and their equipment compliments are very fluid in composition and based heavily on mission need. It is not uncommon for Company or even battalion assets to be distributed down to the platoon level. For example a Company ATGM or AGL team may be attached to a specific Platoon for a specific mission. RPO-A thermobaric weapons may be issued as an ammunition compliment at squad level or they may be part of a Battalion Flame weapons team with an actual structure. Command and control networks are also complex and I have been taking this on as the next task. The fact is Russian units do not act without a Command structure in place. Trying to narrow this realistically in Gameplay has been a bit tough. It is either too much or too little. Still trying to find that right balance.

That said Spinel and Gary please do not hesitate to get me involved in the changes your making at this time. I'd be happy to give you my Data and graphic changes.

I do tend to have much going on so I'm not on here often but you can Email me at Atractosteus AT@ gmail.com We can keep in better contact through this.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI