Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/22/2008 7:07:39 AM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jimmer

Would that be in the entries for d27 & 28, r12 & 13, n15, and l35, by any chance?

Just testing my tool. :)

Yes Jimmer, and now you can share your tool as a public master beta instrument.

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 121
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/22/2008 7:08:43 AM   
Jimmer

Situation:

I'm playing Turkey. At war with Russia. It's Feb, 1805. I landed a corps in Damietta in January. I then moved the fleet back to Constantinople during the Feb naval phase.

I cannot build a depot in Damietta. It says "not a valid supply chain" or something like that.

I reloaded the game and tried moving the fleet directly into Damietta. But, it only went into the blockade box.

Anyhow, if I go back to reinforcement and put the corps into the city itself, then I can build a depot. It doesn't matter, in this case, whether the fleet goes to Constantinople or Damietta; works either way.

I believe this is another flavor of the other "can't build a depot" entries, but it's slightly different in that it combines sea supply with not "owning" a city when in the rural area.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the zip file uploaded. Hopefully, you won't need it, as I think this is just a combination of two other bugs.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 122
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/22/2008 7:10:38 AM   
Jimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monadman
Yes Jimmer, and now you can share your tool as a public master beta instrument.

It requires Microsoft Excel (2003 or later). If that's OK, I have no problem posting it.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 123
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/23/2008 3:53:07 AM   
ndrose

Another problem evidently associated with the temp access. (I don't think this exact thing has been reported yet.)

When the temporary access ends, depots in ceded territory disappear. (In the file, Turkey has depot chain to Moscow, wins war, takes provinces, begins moving home along depot chain. When temp access ends, all the depots in formerly Russian territory disappear, even though it is now Turkish territory.)

Note this is different from the other temp access problems, which happen during the temp access period, and stop when it ends; this one is OK during temp access and causes problems just when it ends.

File starts with Turkish land phase, with depots in place. In the next diplomacy phase, temp access ends, and the depots disappear.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 124
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/23/2008 5:27:44 PM   
Mardonius

Feudal Corps Return Problem

Not technically a bug, but a mistake in the rules according to the original in the ADG/AH version.

In the PC version, Feudal Corps can only be placed (mobilized in) on the home province's cities. This is unneeded restriction (also inaccurate), as per the AH/ADG version:

Excerpted from 10.1.3.1 Raising Feudal Corps Factors: "... the Turkish player may elect to bring any or all feudal corps up to full strength by removing them from any location... to any area in the province of their origin..." There is not restriction mentioned here or in 10.1.3.3 Returning Feudal Corps that Stand Down about the area having to be a city.

There is another issue that I would recommend adjusting. about 1/3 of the Anatolian Province was broken off to become the Smyrna province in the PC version. It would make sense to have 1 of the 3 Anatolian Corps now be Smyrna Corps.

"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 125
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/23/2008 10:13:01 PM   
DCWhitworth

Bankruptcy Bugs

Playing Prussia I managed to get Berlin occupied by France during the economic phase (whoops) which caused me to go bankrupt due to unit maintenance (double whoops).

Three bugs have come up -

1. I had a balance of -2 money. It allowed me to give this to one of my free states.

2. When I tried to click on the 'Build Land Forces' button it said "You have no money". Shouldn't I be able to build militia ?

3. When I tried to click on the 'Build Land Forces' button for one of my free states it also said "You have no money" even though the free states have money.

Save file attached.

Attachment (1)

Regards
David

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 126
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/24/2008 6:54:12 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mardonius

Not technically a bug, but a mistake in the rules according to the original in the ADG/AH version.

No mistake – it is another programming deviation.

Richard

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 127
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/25/2008 12:07:38 AM   
Mardonius

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mardonius

No mistake – it is another programming deviation.

Richard

Thanks for the clarification Richard. Please note that this deviation adds about a month to the muster times of the Feudal Corps, particularly Albania, Greece, and Crimea as they are in remote locations.

best
Mardonius

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 128
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/25/2008 7:47:03 PM   
sw30

Yesterday I was just noticing the casualty calculations for naval battles the first time. there seems to be some quetionable math here... 15% of 63 should be 9.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sw30 -- 3/25/2008 7:48:54 PM >

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 129
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/25/2008 7:56:40 PM   
DCWhitworth

It's not 15% or 63, it's 15% of 51, don't forget the side with the wind gauge shoots first.

Regards
David

(in reply to sw30)
Post #: 130
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/25/2008 8:06:29 PM   
ndrose

Thanks for the 1.02g patch--looks like good progress.

I notice that L34--inability to place garrisons in ceded provinces during temp access--has been fixed, and I can confirm that it is now possible to do this.

However, any garrisons so placed will immediately be repatriated in the diplomacy phase, which seems to be a consequence of the as-yet-unaddressed D30 bug. So for now, leaving garrisons on the way out is ineffective.

Nathan

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 131
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/25/2008 8:31:24 PM   
Dave_T

When the 3 months temporary access is over garrisons in ceded provinces are repatriated. EG GB surrenders to France, Dutch (Fr) garrison in London is moved to the Welsh (Fr Ceded) capital. After 3 months this is again repatriated to Amsterdam.

As I reported before.

1.02g. Nice try.

Any timescale on when this product will actually be playable as a game?

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 132
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/25/2008 10:18:16 PM   
Grognot

Regarding LC12, it is not necessary that it be at a capital, or that an assault occurred.  (prev build, have not tested new build)

I had a Turkish (mostly) + Ottoman (one corps) force siege Taganrog (1 Russian inf factor); they failed to break in.  By the beginning of the next Turkish land phase, the Ottoman corps was inside the city (automatically; I had not moved it) and my Turkish corps had been teleported to Sinope.   No siege battle had taken place.

(in reply to Dave_T)
Post #: 133
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/25/2008 10:30:39 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: ndrose

Thanks for the 1.02g patch--looks like good progress.

I notice that L34--inability to place garrisons in ceded provinces during temp access--has been fixed, and I can confirm that it is now possible to do this.

However, any garrisons so placed will immediately be repatriated in the diplomacy phase, which seems to be a consequence of the as-yet-unaddressed D30 bug. So for now, leaving garrisons on the way out is ineffective.

Nathan

Nathan,

Is this a new game (using 1.02g)? Do you have the files for the saved game if it is?

Thanks

Richard

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 134
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/25/2008 10:31:41 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave_T

When the 3 months temporary access is over garrisons in ceded provinces are repatriated. EG GB surrenders to France, Dutch (Fr) garrison in London is moved to the Welsh (Fr Ceded) capital. After 3 months this is again repatriated to Amsterdam.

Is this a new game (using 1.02g)? Do you have the files for the saved game if it is?

Thanks

Richard

(in reply to Dave_T)
Post #: 135
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/25/2008 11:39:14 PM   
ndrose

quote:

Nathan,

Thanks

Richard

No, I tested an older save. I'll try it with a new game, and let you know.

Nathan

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 136
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/26/2008 1:01:39 AM   
Jimmer

OK, this is just weird: I've got a game setup file for France, saved at version 1.02. When I load it, all eight French depots are on map (two in Lombardy, one each in Hanover, Holland, and Palatinate, and one each in the French cities of Soissons, Cherbourg, and La Rochelle. Yes, that's eight depots, folks.

So, during setup, I want to change this file and move the corps and depot from Soissons to Namur (one area away). Once I've deleted the depot, when I try to place it back on map, it claims I have no free depots.

Sure enough, if I click the "View Available Counters" button before and after, it shows "(France) Depots Left Unplaced: 0" both before AND after I remove the depot. I tried removing a couple of different depots, just to see, and yet, they all show the same symptom.

Now, I know that during the game itself, I've seen some odd issues with depots, but it's inconsistent. I've never been able to pin down whether France should have eight depots, or just seven like everybody else. Having some of them "under" corps counters makes the search difficult, so I've always assumed I was just missing one. But, now I'm not so sure any more. I think there may actually be a bug in this area. It may only have to do with the French, but I can't tell for sure. I suspect when you find the bug, you'll know whether it applies to other MPs as well or not.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 137
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/26/2008 1:16:45 AM   
ndrose

OK, here's a couple of savefiles from a new game started under 1.02g.

In the first file, France is at war with Spain and has three ceded provinces from a previous war. To test how the game treats different kinds of situations, I've placed garrisons in the capitals of two of these provinces, but not the third. When Spain surrenders, those two garrisons will disappear. (By the way, they're not repatriated as far as I can tell, just deleted.) That's already listed as bug D30.

In the second file, Spain has already surrendered for the second time, and France has left a garrison in Burgos (ceded from the first war) on the way home. The game now lets me do this (per correction of the L34 bug). The savefile is the economic phase, and the temp access is about to expire. When it does, the garrison in Burgos will be repatriated. (This one really is repatriated--it pops up in Bayonne.)

First file:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 138
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/26/2008 1:17:10 AM   
ndrose

Second file:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 139
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/26/2008 1:19:29 AM   
ndrose

By the way, in either of those files, you can see another minor bug: Carinthia is ceded to France, there is no access, yet the Austrian fleet is docked in Trieste. That's just so wrong....

Nathan

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 140
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/26/2008 1:27:52 AM   
ndrose

quote:

OK, this is just weird: I've got a game setup file for France, saved at version 1.02. When I load it, all eight French depots are on map (two in Lombardy, one each in Hanover, Holland, and Palatinate, and one each in the French cities of Soissons, Cherbourg, and La Rochelle. Yes, that's eight depots, folks.

So, during setup, I want to change this file and move the corps and depot from Soissons to Namur (one area away). Once I've deleted the depot, when I try to place it back on map, it claims I have no free depots.

Sure enough, if I click the "View Available Counters" button before and after, it shows "(France) Depots Left Unplaced: 0" both before AND after I remove the depot. I tried removing a couple of different depots, just to see, and yet, they all show the same symptom.

Now, I know that during the game itself, I've seen some odd issues with depots, but it's inconsistent. I've never been able to pin down whether France should have eight depots, or just seven like everybody else. Having some of them "under" corps counters makes the search difficult, so I've always assumed I was just missing one. But, now I'm not so sure any more. I think there may actually be a bug in this area. It may only have to do with the French, but I can't tell for sure. I suspect when you find the bug, you'll know whether it applies to other MPs as well or not.

This seems to be a problem in the modification of setups created under old versions. France should indeed have 8 depots, and you have 8 depots here; it's just that when you remove one it isn't put back into the pool. In fact, you can remove them all and it still says you have 0 depots. I also tried some of my old setups; if I had 2 depots remaining, then that's all I have, even if I remove some.

Nathan

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 141
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/26/2008 1:31:18 AM   
ndrose

And it only seems to affect France....

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 142
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/26/2008 1:41:50 AM   
Jimmer

France is the only nation with 8 depots. That could be why it only affects France.

Thanks. I had not noticed that one could remove multiples, and it still said 0 available.

NOTE: This game setup file was created new, not overwritten. However, the DATA in it was loaded from an older file (when I went to save it, I deleted the old file first, then saved the new one).

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 143
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/26/2008 1:52:31 AM   
Monadman

quote:

France is the only nation with 8 depots. That could be why it only affects France.

Thanks. I had not noticed that one could remove multiples, and it still said 0 available.

NOTE: This game setup file was created new, not overwritten. However, the DATA in it was loaded from an older file (when I went to save it, I deleted the old file first, then saved the new one).

Got it - it appears to affect all major powers and only when the “Remove Counter From Map” button is used during setup. It does not happen when you use the “Place / Remove Depot” button.

Added it to the list - thanks.

Richard

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 144
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/26/2008 2:54:09 AM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: ndrose

OK, here's a couple of savefiles from a new game started under 1.02g.

In the first file, France is at war with Spain and has three ceded provinces from a previous war. To test how the game treats different kinds of situations, I've placed garrisons in the capitals of two of these provinces, but not the third. When Spain surrenders, those two garrisons will disappear. (By the way, they're not repatriated as far as I can tell, just deleted.) That's already listed as bug D30.

In the second file, Spain has already surrendered for the second time, and France has left a garrison in Burgos (ceded from the first war) on the way home. The game now lets me do this (per correction of the L34 bug). The savefile is the economic phase, and the temp access is about to expire. When it does, the garrison in Burgos will be repatriated. (This one really is repatriated--it pops up in Bayonne.)

First file:

Nathan,

Both of your files are all about the problem listed as D30 (except for the Austrian fleet in Trieste), which we have not addressed yet. The program is choking on those second time surrenders and further compounding the problem (i.e. there will be no repatriation after temp access expires if Marshall can get the program to consistently recognize the territory gained from the first war). Once again, thanks for the files.

Richard

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 145
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/26/2008 4:37:14 AM   
ndrose

quote:

Nathan,

Both of your files are all about the problem listed as D30 (except for the Austrian fleet in Trieste), which we have not addressed yet. The program is choking on those second time surrenders and further compounding the problem (i.e. there will be no repatriation after temp access expires if Marshall can get the program to consistently recognize the territory gained from the first war). Once again, thanks for the files.

Richard

Yeah, I figured it was really the same bug; I was really just reporting the variation--i.e., we already knew about garrisons from the first war disappearing immediately after surrender, but it's also happening to post-second war garrisons when temp access expires.

Also, there's a bug reported in another thread that looks similar: garrisons in hitherto unceded provinces disappearing when those provinces are ceded by peace condition. Again probably the same underlying thing, but slightly different circumstances.

The time you and Marshall must be putting in chasing all this stuff down is much appreciated. I've already gotten much more than my few bucks worth of enjoyment from the game, and it's nice to see it continue to improve.

Nathan

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 146
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/27/2008 4:00:55 PM   
Bearcat2

Started a game in 1.02g; the MP/CotR combined stacks have the same problem as before attacking enemy forces. Experienced it also with FR/SW; but not with FR/Hol, Fr/Pied/ FR/Port FR/Lom

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 147
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/27/2008 11:09:40 PM   
Maxime StArnault

In 1.02 in single player : - Prussia : Berlin to Posen ( Brunswick and CorpsI dissapear in december 06 )
- Prussia : Blucher is not reconized and can't join a corps ( even if he is
purchased )Nov.06
- Why Hohnelohne dissapear and only come back in june 07 ?
- Had the same order of troops between when i bought 18i, i received twice
13i,2 guards in june and the following economic month )

IN PBEM ( Austria playing ) - in february 05, i had to play my siege of Munich in a naval turn ?

(in reply to Bearcat2)
Post #: 148
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/28/2008 2:16:00 AM   
obsidiandrag

While playing as France I encountered a bug, trying to leave the blockade I had on Constantinople I was asked if I wanted to run the blockade. When I said yes I was forced to fight against my entire stack and suffer the losses from both sides of the battle. I have attatched the zipped save files but did not see the .dat files.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 149
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/28/2008 5:54:09 PM   
Jimmer

quote:

quote:

Got it - it appears to affect all major powers and only when the “Remove Counter From Map” button is used during setup. It does not happen when you use the “Place / Remove Depot” button.

Added it to the list - thanks.

Richard

The fix for this, then, might simply be better checking when someone clicks the wrong button for depots. That should be easier than re-writing the other code.

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI