Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Western Front & Great War mods

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Modding >> Western Front & Great War mods Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Western Front & Great War mods - 3/12/2008 12:52:56 AM   
KC

Hey guys, just completed the campaign in the original COI and i'm considering trying the western front and great war mods.

I found some info on the great war mod but couldn't find anything on the western front or ardenne mod. Any one have information on those two latter mods? i'm wondering how they are and if they're buggy or not. thanks for the info!

p.s. if anyone have screenshot, that would be nice

< Message edited by KC -- 3/12/2008 12:56:01 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Western Front & Great War mods - 3/12/2008 2:34:17 AM   
Andrew Williams

The western front mod would probably be the most popular mod for CoI.

This mod depicts the Western Front conflict from June 1944 to May 1945. The mod replaces all Russian teams with British and U.S. forces. As well, German units have been altered to reflect the composition of Western Front forces. Many new German troops and vehicles have been added. There is one WF campaign called Assault on Europe. The campaign is somewhat dated but many of the maps still hold up well, including the excellent Omaha map where the fighting starts (the map is included in the main mod download.)

WHAT'S NEW IN WF10:
1. Allied vehicles are a more consistent olive drab color, and some winterized vehicle graphics on both sides are improved.
2. Variations of Allied tanks like the Sherman and Churchill (flamethrowing or bunker-busting tanks) have a white star on the turrets to make them easier to pick out from their less lethal brothers on the field.
3. Wasp flame vehicle has its own unique graphics to differentiate it from the standard universal carrier.
4. Comet tank is added (non-rarity play)
5. An AT gun is no longer in the German deployable bunker, and the MG34 has been replaced by an MG42. This should keep the bunker from dominating the field beyond fair gameplay, but it will still be devastating for infantry.
6. Air strike animations have been slowed, and the direction of the flybys are from the top to the bottom of maps. The new direction should ensure that players see the animations, since the aircraft will likely travel roughly along the frontline where players are most likely to be watching the action. Aircraft attacks may cause a game performance hit temporarily on slower machines.
7. Team descriptions are cleaned up for grammatical, typographical and factual errors.
8. Infiltration troops (Germans troops dressed as American troops at the Battle of the Bulge) have zero rarity values because these troops are largely there for fun and have no serious game value.
9. British and American uniform colors are overhauled, using the Close Combat 2 RGB values.
10. Firefly and M12 graphics are improved.
11. Graphics for the German 2cm-gun light halftrack (SdKfz 250/9), captured French tanks, PzIV mineroller and Sturmtiger are overhauled and/or recolored (no more grey tanks).
12. The D-Day Duplex Drive Sherman has graphics to represent the flotation screen.
13. AT power of some German guns is upped to more appropriate lethality.
14. Two Allies voice cues are replaced; "bailing out" and "enemy spotted" were imported from CC5.
15. M10, M36 and Achilles hull graphics are reduced to a size more appropriate to the CC scale.
16. Some minor interface improvements include an improved American flag, main menu text that is easier to read, more consistent coloring for Allies unit icons and a new splash screen.
17. Smoke animation sizes are increased for all weapons. While CC3 smoke appears largely ineffective (at least in H2H play), the larger smoke animations in WF will obscure the player's visual reference.
18. PIAT rounds no longer give off a back blast (historical correction that should make units with this weapon tougher to spot)
19. German machine gun units are in the support requisition list instead of the infantry list.
20. The Hetzer flame tank has graphics that are distinct from the Hetzer tank destroyer.
21. Rifle grenades have their own weapon icon.
22. British AB rifle teams are armed with PIATs.
23. The number of anti-personnel grenade rounds on German tanks (Nahverteidigungswaffe) are reduced.
24. Data for some vehicles and guns are recalculated for historical accuracy.
25. Explosion effects have been increased in size for large weapons.
26. British 3-inch mortar shells now have explosion effects (bug fix).
27. Mortar batteries are available only in non-rarity play.

(in reply to KC)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Modding >> Western Front & Great War mods Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI