Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

destroy units v damaging units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> destroy units v damaging units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
destroy units v damaging units - 3/27/2008 10:37:40 PM   
phill52

as a newish player i was wondering if it is more costly to your opponent to destroy a unit or to damage afew
Post #: 1
RE: destroy units v damaging units - 3/27/2008 11:06:09 PM   
Harrybanana

If you mean is it more costly to your opponent to say damage 2 different units of the same type by 5 points each or destroy one full strength unit; I think the latter is more costly but I'm not positive. It also has the advantage that your opponent will have to rebuild the entire unit which (depending on the type of unit) may take several turns, while a damaged unit can be repaired a lot more quickly.

(in reply to phill52)
Post #: 2
RE: destroy units v damaging units - 3/28/2008 6:20:03 PM   
Meta Baston

It depends on the situation, but, regurlarly, I like it to hit a unit many turns in a row and see my opponent spend many precious PPs to repare it each time (as long as my own units don't loose to much in the process, of course). This kind of little game comes very expensive for the opponent on the long run.

MB

(in reply to phill52)
Post #: 3
RE: destroy units v damaging units - 4/6/2008 5:15:53 PM   
Phatguy

But you run the risk of having a unit survive if it is only hit a few times but manages to survive. It does get experience making it a bit tougher in the long run. So it comes to damaging a lot of units per turn, which if left to heal can get experience or killing  only a few which will force your opponent to get non experienced replacements which wont be available for at least a turn(not counting garrisons).Doesnt make a lot of difference with infantry garrisons/corps(0-1 turns) but it can kick you in the **s if its air/naval/armor(3-8turns?).

Try only damaging u-boats. They go home, replenish, come back full with more little crosses. I remember seeing 5 u-boats on my convoy. I decided to kill only two when I could have put the serious hurt on all but not killing any. Sure the cpu replaced them right away but they came out as fresh meat for my experienced destroyers.Just like RL.

(in reply to Meta Baston)
Post #: 4
RE: destroy units v damaging units - 6/22/2008 7:15:32 PM   
iwcarmichael

I know this post is old, but in case you haven't run across this yet the cost for repair vs. replacement is given in the rules. An Infantry Corps costs 35 pp to build - repairing a corps that has been knocked down to 1 point will cost 18 pp (2 pp per strength point repaired). Building a new fighter costs 100 pp, repairing one that has been knocked down to 1 point will cost 54 pps (6 pp per strength point repaired). I can't remember what it is for armor and navy, but it is similar.

< Message edited by iwcarmichael -- 6/22/2008 7:18:28 PM >

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> destroy units v damaging units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI