Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

weird error problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> weird error problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
weird error problem - 3/29/2008 4:04:29 PM   
Phatguy

hey,

I got this strange problem....

I just had a new hardrive put in. A 500gb maxtor Sata II. Been reinstalling old and new favorites I had to delete from my dinky 80gb drives so I could play new stuff. The following is a problem I'm getting on a LOT of different games. The only one that installed hitch free was commander-EAW.(even this one crashes every now and then) Mind you, I had this issue on not just Matrix games..

This is the error i'm getting:

crc error the file............ doesn't match the file in the setup.cab file.The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted Contact your software vendor.

The first time it happened I figured it might be a problem on one of the install disks and put that aside while I went ahead on the rest. Same problem persists on about 80% of my install attempts.. It can't be all those game disks just went to crap, can it?

any help would be greatly appreciated even though some of the games aren't Matrix. I'm hoping someone here has had similar problems in the past and figured out what was wrong.

< Message edited by apathetic lurker -- 3/29/2008 4:06:11 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: weird error problem - 4/14/2008 12:46:28 PM   
Phatguy

After a lot of delving and hanging out in the seedy back alleys of the internet I have come up with a answer to my dilemna.. The VIA controller hated my Maxtor 50ogb drive. For some strange reason it was ok with my other Maxtor drivres(barracuda,diamond) but not this new one. Got a WD 500gb one and so far so good.

So a warning to those who might have this problem after installing a Maxtor-check what kind of controller you have....

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> weird error problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI