Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker 1.4

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.4 Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 4:54:27 PM   
Roger Neilson II

Just gets better and better.

Roger

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 661
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 5:13:45 PM   
Ambassador

Yeah, fine. Have a nice trip to Japan, and thank you !
quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

• Ship details and ship history in the Ship Panel.

• Uh ? Did you read my mind ? I was searching such a thing in Tracker this morning. Have you followed mind-reading courses ?

Downloading now.

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 662
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 5:31:39 PM   
    Chris21wen

I've just tried the savemode property and I get this error.
    C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\save

< Message edited by Chris H -- 10/26/2008 5:32:17 PM >

(in reply to Ambassador)
    Post #: 663
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 5:32:19 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

Yeah, fine. Have a nice trip to Japan, and thank you !
    quote:

• Ship details and ship history in the Ship Panel.

• Uh ? Did you read my mind ? I was searching such a thing in Tracker this morning. Have you followed mind-reading courses ?

Downloading now.

Thanks.
    Yes, Damian has been channelling lately in an attempt to gain insight into Nemo's mind and ran across your thoughts in the process...

(in reply to Ambassador)
    Post #: 664
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 5:33:20 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

I've just tried the savemode property and I get this error.
    C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\save

Was that the exact error message?

< Message edited by floydg -- 10/26/2008 5:35:05 PM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
    Post #: 665
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 5:33:44 PM   
    Chris21wen

For some reason my pics not showing. Trying again

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 666
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 5:34:36 PM   
    Chris21wen

One

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 667
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 5:37:25 PM   
    floydg

Try putting an extra "Enter" after the last line.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
    Post #: 668
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 5:45:27 PM   
    Chris21wen

quote:

Try putting an extra "Enter" after the last line.

Bingo, that's fixed it. I've actually got three trackers runnining on three game and none would work, with or without the savemode.

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 669
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 7:29:27 PM   
    Roger Neilson II

quote:

• Ability to read from the WitPTracker working directory or the WitP SAVE directory. A property is added to the properties file.
    [
    Floyd and Damian

• Sooo, if I figure correct that means I do not have to separately save the game to the tracker folder now, I just have to set a property to tell it to read from the save file? Hmmm, wish I'd read that earlier, ok, will go and have another look at the new properties file.

Ok, sorted that, now all I need is a new turn to try out......

Roger

< Message edited by Roger Neilson II -- 10/26/2008 7:38:39 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 670
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 8:23:57 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson II

quote:

• Ability to read from the WitPTracker working directory or the WitP SAVE directory. A property is added to the properties file.
    [
    Floyd and Damian

• Sooo, if I figure correct that means I do not have to separately save the game to the tracker folder now, I just have to set a property to tell it to read from the save file? Hmmm, wish I'd read that earlier, ok, will go and have another look at the new properties file.

Ok, sorted that, now all I need is a new turn to try out......

Roger

Yep, you can do that now. It should make things a bit easier to manage. I hope...
    If you don't add that property, the program works as it did pre-Release 1.4, meaning it expects the save file in the WitPTracker's folder.

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
    Post #: 671
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 10:03:50 PM   
    Roger Neilson II

Hmm, wouldn't run witrh that line in, no matter what parameter I put in 0.1.2.

Taken line out works fine.

Any ideas?

Roger

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 672
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 10:36:57 PM   
    floydg

quote:

Hmm, wouldn't run witrh that line in, no matter what parameter I put in 0.1.2.

Taken line out works fine.

Any ideas?

Roger

Add a line like this:
    SaveMode=[1]

to make it only read from the SAVE directory. Also be sure there is an empty line at the end of the file.

Post #: 673
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 11:07:41 PM   
    Roger Neilson II

Ok, that gives ame a report:

Warning: Unkonwn keyword found in properties file

but eventually it reads the file..... so looks like it works ok. First read is always a long one.

Roger

< Message edited by Roger Neilson II -- 10/26/2008 11:09:04 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 674
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/26/2008 11:21:01 PM   
    floydg

quote:

Ok, that gives ame a report:

Warning: Unkonwn keyword found in properties file

but eventually it reads the file..... so looks like it works ok. First read is always a long one.

Roger

The warning could be if your last line has any characters in it (even a space). If the program reads the file from the right place, then you got it right...

Post #: 675
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/27/2008 8:28:43 AM   
    n01487477

Thanks Floyd,
    I can now finally find the 3 units that can hit Nemo's B-17's ...

All quiet ... all good... (baring famous last words). Have a great trip

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 676
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/28/2008 4:28:48 AM   
    1EyedJacks

I'm not sure if you've fixed this already but thought I'd post it.

Tracker version 1.31
    Playing a Nemo mod

All TFs on ASW missions come up as Surface Combat when I'm viewing TFs with the filter set to Surface Combat. When I set the filter toASW there are no TFs listed.

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 677
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/28/2008 2:42:14 PM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

I'm not sure if you've fixed this already but thought I'd post it.

Tracker version 1.31
    Playing a Nemo mod

All TFs on ASW missions come up as Surface Combat when I'm viewing TFs with the filter set to Surface Combat. When I set the filter to ASW there are no TFs listed.

Yeah it has been asked for but until I can find the correct correlation in the savefile, it is a no go. The problem stems from the TF being assigned as a SCTF ID number, but them somewhere else this is resolved to ASW. At present I can not find the correlation, but believe me it is not from lack of trying. It is the next thing on my to do list...

Some of this will never be available ... the game engine makes no difference between transport and tanker for instance.

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
    Post #: 678
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/29/2008 1:02:43 AM   
    rjopel

I'm having problems running WITP recently.  I am getting this error when I run the batch file.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rjopel -- 10/29/2008 1:14:05 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 679
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/29/2008 4:35:19 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjopel
    I'm having problems running WITP recently.  I am getting this error when I run the batch file.

Do you have a folder named "lib" in WITPTracker folder? In that folder should be a single file: hsqldb.jar

What version are you running ?

(in reply to rjopel)
    Post #: 680
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/29/2008 8:29:58 AM   
    Ambassador

I transitionned to the last version, no problem in the process (except I forgot to change the properties file, so I first had an error when I tried to read a turn - forgot to set it to gametype0 ; my bad, but it's worth advertising, I'm probably not the only distraction-prone player).  I've noticed that the history of the ships began from the very beginning, instead of starting at the next turn reading.  Was the program already tracking those info without displaying them ?
    Thanks a lot for the devices, it's really, really useful.

I've also noticed a weird thing, but I'm not sure it's new.  Even more, I'm sure the problem is not actually Tracker's to begin with, it just has consequences in it.
    In the LCU panel, the three sub-units of a chinese corps I split a month ago (game-time) show Formation value that are not consistent with this field.  They show something like 18200/24000, instead of the 81/100 or so they should.  But in-game, they appear to have an unavailable TOE.  It's a problem I don't have for other divided units (even other chinese corps).
    So, if people complain about the same problem in TOE/formation values, that's were it's coming from.  Or at least it's one possible explanation.

On the things-to-add-list, may I issue another suggestion (by thinking very hard about it) ?  A "history" of the lost planes, perhaps both global (per side) and individual (per model).

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 681
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/29/2008 1:41:56 PM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador
    I've noticed that the history of the ships began from the very beginning, instead of starting at the next turn reading.  Was the program already tracking those info without displaying them ?
    Thanks a lot for the devices, it's really, really useful.

The program was tracking Sys damage etc already for the repair screen, so yes it was included. I'd like to discuss with Floyd a better way to manage ship carrying planes, so maybe to show the air groups in the display panel ... I agree the device info is really useful. Although frustrating that the engine doesn;t reinforce more quickly. Otherwise it would also be nice to track where devices go each turn, without searching each one... maybe a colour indicator could make this easier.
    quote:

I've also noticed a weird thing, but I'm not sure it's new.  Even more, I'm sure the problem is not actually Tracker's to begin with, it just has consequences in it.
    In the LCU panel, the three sub-units of a chinese corps I split a month ago (game-time) show Formation value that are not consistent with this field.  They show something like 18200/24000, instead of the 81/100 or so they should.  But in-game, they appear to have an unavailable TOE.  It's a problem I don't have for other divided units (even other chinese corps).
    So, if people complain about the same problem in TOE/formation values, that's were it's coming from.  Or at least it's one possible explanation.

I'll have a look and see if there are similar problems, but we often *1000 before rendering down ... but I don't think this is it ... maybe it is a savegame error ... you would be amazed by the errors that occur.

quote:

On the things-to-add-list, may I issue another suggestion (by thinking very hard about it) ?  A "history" of the lost planes, perhaps both global (per side) and individual (per model).

I thought we do a history of the global planes lost in the victory pts panel(Totals), and an individual model history in the plane production area but I've just noticed that the plane histories are not working properly for 1.4 but did for 1.3.1 ... I'll need to fix this for the next release, I believe that we tried to fix something else here and caused another problem ...

And thanks for always giving good suggestions and using good net etiquette ...

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 10/29/2008 2:05:58 PM >

(in reply to Ambassador)
    Post #: 682
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/29/2008 2:41:57 PM   
    Ambassador

quote:

The program was tracking Sys damage etc already for the repair screen, so yes it was included. I'd like to discuss with Floyd a better way to manage ship carrying planes, so maybe to show the air groups in the display panel ... I agree the device info is really useful. Although frustrating that the engine doesn;t reinforce more quickly. Otherwise it would also be nice to track where devices go each turn, without searching each one... maybe a colour indicator could make this easier.

Yes, that'd be useful for some. Personnaly, I only look on several turns, to get an idea about the speed at which the LCU reinforces. But green/red arrows, like everywhere else, would be a good way to do it. I find those arrows make the tables easier to understand than simply colouring the number or the background.

And I fully agree with the display of the carrier air groups. As for the history, it's not only damage, but also Endurance that pleasantly surprised me.

quote:

I'll have a look and see if there are similar problems, but we often *1000 before rendering down ... but I don't think this is it ... maybe it is a savegame error ... you would be amazed by the errors that occur.

I am already. I'm becoming quite the philosopher there...
    The numbers shown are probably depicting the proportion of elements non-disabled compared to the total number of elements in the unit. And as there's no TOE attached to the unit, it doesn't scale down to a base-100.
    I'm 99% sure it's a problem with the savegame, but I won't be able to reunite those subunits for a month (game-time, a big week RL) to be sure. And these are the only ones to have that problem, while I've split numerous chinese corps.

quote:

I thought we do a history of the global planes lost in the victory pts panel(Totals), and an individual model history in the plane production area but I've just noticed that the plane histories are not working properly for 1.4 but did for 1.3.1 ... I'll need to fix this for the next release, I believe that we tried to fix something else here and caused another problem ...

When I mentionned "total", I meant "totals split as ground, A2A, flak & ops losses totals". IIRC (I'm at work currently - or rather, in my office, since work, hum...), the VP panel shows only the "total-total" number. Msuggestion was more about a table showing how many planes were lost that turn (say turn X), than showing the total number of planes lost from turns 1 to X (which is what VP panel shows).

quote:

And thanks for always giving good suggestions and using good net etiquette ...

Thank you, I try to help.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 683
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/30/2008 10:22:07 AM   
    rjopel

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjopel

Do you have a folder named "lib" in WITPTracker folder? In that folder should be a single file: hsqldb.jar

What version are you running ?

Problem solved. I copied and dragged the files from the zip, not extract. So they all ended up in one folder.

Thanks.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 684
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/30/2008 1:59:48 PM   
    BShaftoe

Every version the program keeps getting better. Thanks!

(in reply to rjopel)
    Post #: 685
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/30/2008 3:46:36 PM   
    Ambassador

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1945634

Would Tracker show if torpedo tubes on a sub are repaired, while the identified bug keeps this hidden in-game ?  I don't know where your program reads the info on damaged ships, but this might help the OP of the thread I linked to if this data was read from the actual info, bypassing the display bug.  Any idea ?

(in reply to BShaftoe)
    Post #: 686
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/30/2008 3:58:53 PM   
    n01487477

Theoretically if there is a display bug with the WITP interface, then Tracker, which reads directly from the savefile would give you the most accurate information as to whether the device is indeed damaged.

However, if it is a glitch with the program which is affecting the repair of the ship device, then it will probably show what the game interface is showing ... that it isn't repaired.

Bug chasers nightmare ...

(in reply to Ambassador)
    Post #: 687
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/30/2008 4:06:02 PM   
    Ambassador

Speaking of bug, I've a problem with my 2nd UK division.  I ferried it to Bangkok some twenty turns ago, and noticed yesterday that Tracker shows it's incomplete, with only 23 infantry squads and close to no artillery/support.  While in-game, it's 97/100, fully complete.  And Tracker shows it at 23 squads right from the unload, so it's not only last turn.  Could it be because the LCU was split in several APs and the fragments messed in Tracker ?

Maybe I should read all turns anew.  I started this game with your 1.1 version, so there've been a lot of updates...

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 688
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/30/2008 7:22:59 PM   
    mikemike

Guys, you did a good job; WitPTracker gets ever more indispensable for playing WitP. Scads of information, everything working.

Everything?

No. In a remote corner of the Ship Production panel, a bug is stubbornly resisting (I'm sorry to say):

On accelerated ships, if the Delay is an odd number, the number in the Accel Delay column is too low by two (and the value in the DOA column is off by two days as a consequence). Apparently something's gone wrong with the algorithm.

Attachment (1)

DON´T PANIC - IT´S ALL JUST ONES AND ZEROES!

(in reply to Ambassador)
    Post #: 689
    RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 10/31/2008 2:48:15 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

On accelerated ships, if the Delay is an odd number, the number in the Accel Delay column is too low by two (and the value in the DOA column is off by two days as a consequence). Apparently something's gone wrong with the algorithm.

Somewhere between me doing the algorithm and emailing it to Floyd, it hasn't been implemented correctly. On my code version it works properly, but in the build version it doesn't, so I believe it hasn't been updated. When Floyd gets back, I have 2 quick fixes that need to be brought into an incremental, this is one of them, the other is for the airproduction histories, which are now in error.

MikeMike, you must think I got my degree from a Corn Flake packet ... with the number of times you have posted about this ...

(in reply to mikemike)
    Post #: 690
    Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.4 Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI