Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker 1.4

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.4 Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker 1.4 - 12/22/2008 8:11:44 AM   
Chris21wen

Another bug bites the dust.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 781
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 12/24/2008 10:40:52 PM   
Herrbear

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

Okay, the wait is over. We are now releasing the WitPTracker.

You can get the program from here: WitPTracker

Of course, it's not complete and there are some areas that we know don't work, but we wanted to get it out in the community. We will fix and enhance as needed and time permits.

There is also an e-mail address to send bug reports, suggestions, complaints, accolades, etc (even though you'll probably just post to this thread): witptracker@gmail.com

Thanks,

Floyd and Damian

Does WitPTracker work with Cid's RHS mods?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 782
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 12/24/2008 11:14:11 PM   
n01487477

I'm not doing any testing on RHS, but as far as I am concerned, RHS does work with Tracker or vice-versa. So load it up and give it a go ... let us know if there are any issues please...

I would say that the only thing I'm not 100% on is the map cluster file for RHS, depending on the map Lvl you are running for RHS as we only include one. But if you find it doesn't work well, make us a new cluster and we will include it for other users.

Cheers and have a good holiday season.

Damian

(in reply to Herrbear)
Post #: 783
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 12/25/2008 3:16:12 AM   
ny59giants

I did the cluster for RHS 7 and I used Tracker with Empire Ablaze which uses RHS 6 maps. So it should be at least 95% correct for both. 

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 784
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 12/26/2008 8:16:27 AM   
Chris21wen

Got another for bug for you on Air upgrades.

The 'total needed' figure is wrong as it takes no account of damaged aircraft.

In the case of the Topsy below its assuming that the difference between ready a/c and max a/c is due to missing a/c when both the Dash forward and the T1/15th are fully equipped but with 23 damaged aircraft in total. The correct total for 'total needed' should be 48 in this instance.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 785
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 12/31/2008 4:07:38 AM   
n01487477

Well it is that time of the year again ... and a nice little **bump** before another soon to be announced release.

I haven't done as much as I would have wished again, and just essentially went bug hunting in the thick undergrowth of my code.

I think that I have cleared up some things (with some assistance from Floyd) that I really thought needed fixing in the Macro /Air /Ship and LCU Production areas and the picture below shows the Daily O/S/F/R has now been incorporated. For those that don't understand Daily O/S etc, it is mainly used in CHS/RHS/EA to wizard in this amt of goods each day, they are free and should be thought of as Manna from "God" / realistically as transported goods.

Having seen how effective strategic bombing is in witp, if I ever make a mod all RES/OIL will be Daily

I will leave Floyd to say what has been done, as I sit back now and contemplate 2008 with a beer in hand.

Cheers to all who have supported us this year have a good, safe and prosperous NY.
Damian

PS...
Michael(NY59Giants) - I've decided to try to incorporate the nation filtering (in the airpools) maybe in the following release, as looking at the Allied side is a 'mare ...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 12/31/2008 4:15:43 AM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 786
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 12/31/2008 8:38:19 AM   
Ambassador

Well, congrats to the both of you for doing all the work.  It's easier to support than to do it.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 787
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 12/31/2008 9:02:54 AM   
Thesix

Thanks a lot again for your work which gives WitP all the depth it can offer.
Happy new year!
Hervé

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 788
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 12/31/2008 10:31:25 AM   
DivePac88

YES THANKS YOU GUYS, as a Japanese player you can't play the game without WitPTracker. Happy New year from the land of the long white cloud. Half-an-hour till midnight here..

< Message edited by DivePac88 -- 12/31/2008 12:25:37 PM >

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to Thesix)
Post #: 789
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 12/31/2008 6:04:17 PM   
Grotius

I can't get Tracker to run. I have had Java 6 installed for a while; I updated to the latest version after installing Tracker. I still get this message:

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file

I searched this forum and found someone had the same problem with WitpDecoder, but in their case they said they had multiple versions of Java installed. I only seem to have one version installed, the latest version -- or at least, I can only find one when I look for it. When I run the Java test at the Java homepage, it works fine. I'm running Vista 64 Ultimate. Any suggestions?

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 790
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 12/31/2008 7:14:21 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

I can't get Tracker to run. I have had Java 6 installed for a while; I updated to the latest version after installing Tracker. I still get this message:

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file

I searched this forum and found someone had the same problem with WitpDecoder, but in their case they said they had multiple versions of Java installed. I only seem to have one version installed, the latest version -- or at least, I can only find one when I look for it. When I run the Java test at the Java homepage, it works fine. I'm running Vista 64 Ultimate. Any suggestions?

Your PATH needs to contain the Java executable. This is an OS issue, not WitPTracker. But try looking here for some pointers:
http://robertmarkbramprogrammer.blogspot.com/2008/01/xxx-is-not-recognized-as-internal-or.html

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 791
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 12/31/2008 7:46:28 PM   
Grotius

Thanks. Looking at that link, it reminds me of a solution someone posted elsewhere -- uninstall and reinstall Java. That might put the .exe's in the correct order in PATH. Inclined to do that rather than fuss with the PATH file, which makes me a bit nervous.

I'll let you know if reinstalling works.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 792
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 12/31/2008 9:57:34 PM   
Grotius

Reinstalling Java didn't work, so I had to resort to editing my PATH variable. That worked fine, though it did make me a bit nervous. :)

I love the tool! Some aspects are pretty eye-opening. I see just how lousy many of my leaders are, how random my prep-targets are, and how much spoilage is affecting me. It's also nice to have a clear list of when ships upgrade, and what they upgrade to.

One question for you and users of this and other tools: do you run it with WITP in a window, or do you run WITP maximized and alt-tab out? Until this week I'd always played full-screen, which is my preference, except that things look stretched on my widescreen monitor. But this week I've been playing in a window, and I fear I borked my installation of WITP by inadvertently minimizing it a couple times. I now get strange behavior when I try to plot a course for a TF -- the ship window stays open while I try to select a destination hex. Perhaps it's best to run WITP full-screen and Tracker on a separate laptop or something?

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 793
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.4 - 1/1/2009 1:06:47 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

Reinstalling Java didn't work, so I had to resort to editing my PATH variable. That worked fine, though it did make me a bit nervous. :)

I love the tool! Some aspects are pretty eye-opening. I see just how lousy many of my leaders are, how random my prep-targets are, and how much spoilage is affecting me. It's also nice to have a clear list of when ships upgrade, and what they upgrade to.

One question for you and users of this and other tools: do you run it with WITP in a window, or do you run WITP maximized and alt-tab out? Until this week I'd always played full-screen, which is my preference, except that things look stretched on my widescreen monitor. But this week I've been playing in a window, and I fear I borked my installation of WITP by inadvertently minimizing it a couple times. I now get strange behavior when I try to plot a course for a TF -- the ship window stays open while I try to select a destination hex. Perhaps it's best to run WITP full-screen and Tracker on a separate laptop or something?

Glad you got it to work. Just in time for an upgrade...

I run the game in window mode exclusively now. Maybe you resized the window, which is not a good idea. But the size it comes up initially works fine.

< Message edited by floydg -- 1/1/2009 1:07:43 AM >

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 794
Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 1:32:36 AM   
floydg

Happy New Year everyone!

In celebration of the New Year (well, it's still less than 4 hours here, but most of the rest of the world is already in 2009), we are releasing a new version of the program.

The following problems have been fixed:
  • Not all leaders were being read in from the save game file
  • When a base changes control, some items were not updated in the database
  • Histories and totals for Air Production panel fixed, totals update when filter changes
  • Ship Production panel fixed to handle small map scenarios with no ship production, accelerated delay and Allied date of arrival
  • Industry panel regional views fixed

The following features / changes have been added:
  • The device count change for the most recent turn is shown in the Device Pool History for each LCU (bottom table)
  • Ship Class Upgrade comparison pop-up window added
  • Minefields panel and history pop-up added
  • Leader alerts show the unit the leader is assigned to
  • Three charts in the LCU Production panel
  • Victory point chart added to Victory Point panel
  • Scenario information tab in Summary panel
  • Industry panel Witp Chart tab added daily oil and resources automatically produced; and in the Oil & Res tab, a Factories button was added to show factories in the bottom table

The software is available in the usual place: http://witptracker.googlepages.com

Be advised that we added two new library files, so be sure the lib folder has all three in it.

Enjoy!

Damian and Floyd

(in reply to floydg)
  • Post #: 795
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 2:59:41 AM   
    ny59giants

For version 1.6:
    The shipbuilding needs the DOA to be changed. It is now DD/MM/YYYY. It needs to be YYYY/MM/DD with the month changed from the spelling to the month number unless there is a way to have it displayed as a month vs number when you sort by this category. 

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 796
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 3:10:46 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

For version 1.6:
    The shipbuilding needs the DOA to be changed. It is now DD/MM/YYYY. It needs to be YYYY/MM/DD with the month changed from the spelling to the month number unless there is a way to have it displayed as a month vs number when you sort by this category. 

I just do the sorting on the delay, I find that works better, but I get your point Michael ... if you are going to do something might as well do it properly

[edit] while I'm there I should do the air Production dates properly too ... Doh! forgot again !

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 1/1/2009 5:35:39 AM >

(in reply to ny59giants)
    Post #: 797
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 4:16:54 AM   
    ny59giants

My OCD-ness comes to the forefront when I sort by date and it does not come up in chronological order. Just a "small'" issue with me.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 798
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 5:36:36 AM   
    JeffroK

I just got the last version loaded

Excellent work guys, a possible thought for a future update?

Can you record and put in some order the sigint reports so that you can keep track of what's where??

Now to upload the new version while the Yanquis are sleeping it off.......

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to ny59giants)
    Post #: 799
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 6:00:11 AM   
    Grotius

Wow, thanks for the new update! You guys rock!

I just got 1.4 working a few hours ago, so I'm new to the upgrade process. I assume I just uninstall (delete) 1.4 and install 1.5 fresh? That'd be OK with me -- I've only read in 8 or 9 turns so far.

I keep finding all sortsa great stuff. E.g., I really wanted to know how much Armaments production it would take to fill out a division that was at 90% strength. Tracker tells me precisely how much -- and it's not as much as I feared it might be. (About 270-300 or so, right? I hope I'm reading the LCU Production screens right.)

Also, one frivolous question: is there any way I could read some of this data into Excel so that I could generate pretty graphs? It'd be nice to see a graphic representation of the steady decline in my oil reserves, for example. Obviously I'm talking "chrome" here, hardly a big priority.

Anyway, thank you guys for putting so much effort into such a wonderful tool. I wish I'd tried it earlier.

(in reply to JeffroK)
    Post #: 800
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 6:57:00 AM   
    Knaust

Hi guys
    thx for your worthy and excellent work.

I run Tracker1.4 and it worked fine. It loaded the trackerdb files and it was all good.
    I planned a unit in Saigon for Singapore and the Plan for column showed it well.

Then I closed the Witp program. I started it again. I planned another unit in Saigon for Singapore. I saved fthe file, put it in the Tracker folder. I ran Witptracker, but the column Plan for didn't show it.

I tried another way. Every steps as before, but before running the Tracker program, I deleted the trackerdb files, and then bingo.

But it seems to me that this is bug and rerunning the loading trackerdb files process is a little annoying, although it is worthy to use such a great program.

(in reply to Grotius)
    Post #: 801
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 7:01:10 AM   
    Knaust

Just another hint.

Why not adding an Assault Value column in the LCUs folder?

(in reply to Knaust)
    Post #: 802
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 7:18:17 AM   
    n01487477

Knaust,
    thanks ... yes you cannot update Tracker mid-turn. Once you have loaded a turn, you cannot make changes and then check to see if it has been successful(unless you wish to delete the db files)... this is something that we are not going to change (IMO) as there is just too much data that we are dealing with to check everything for 2 or more saves per turn. The program is meant to show & track change turn-by-turn NOT save-by-save. But I think you can see the value in that.

Assault value you can find in the LCU Production area, it is a calculated field, it is NOT 100% accurate, but it can be used as a guide. The day I get it to 100% Floyd will no-doubt slot it into the LCU area.

Grotius - I will do more graphing for that area for the next release and Floyd and I are planning to export all the tables to XLS/similar format in the near future. You can also use Open Office DB to do this (earlier in this thread I posted how to do it ... )

Also I'm still refining the LCU production, but as I just said it is good as a strong guide to what you need.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 1/1/2009 7:20:55 AM >

(in reply to Knaust)
    Post #: 803
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 8:56:19 AM   
    Knaust

It's a great work

You guys did put WitP in another dimension

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 804
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 12:32:34 PM   
    cantona2

Everything seems to run fine upon upgrade from 1.4 but after running the first turn on 1.5 ive got a long list of leader assigned alerts. it appears at first glance that every single unit in the game that was leaderless or still to come into play had been assigned a leader. eg TK Orca (disbanded at Sydney) has had L.Trenchard as leader. is this normal?

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to Knaust)
    Post #: 805
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 12:37:15 PM   
    n01487477

I know Floyd found a whole heap of leaders that we hadn't discovered before, so if you are upgrading rather than just starting fresh I would imagine that the units that didn't have leaders assigned (according to Tracker) now do and that initiated an alert ... I think this is just a bi-product of finding more ...

Let us know if it continues though ...

(in reply to cantona2)
    Post #: 806
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 12:38:29 PM   
    cantona2

OK thanks 

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 807
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 12:51:52 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knaust

Hi guys
    thx for your worthy and excellent work.

I run Tracker1.4 and it worked fine. It loaded the trackerdb files and it was all good.
    I planned a unit in Saigon for Singapore and the Plan for column showed it well.

Then I closed the Witp program. I started it again. I planned another unit in Saigon for Singapore. I saved fthe file, put it in the Tracker folder. I ran Witptracker, but the column Plan for didn't show it.

I tried another way. Every steps as before, but before running the Tracker program, I deleted the trackerdb files, and then bingo.

But it seems to me that this is bug and rerunning the loading trackerdb files process is a little annoying, although it is worthy to use such a great program.

Just to make it clear: the only time the save file is automatically read is when it has to create the initial database files (you'll see "Initializing WitP Tracker database."). All other times, you must manually initiate the reading via either the Read Turn option or the Multi-Turn Read option. And, as Damian mentioned, a given turn can only be loaded once (and there is no way to "unload" a turn other than starting all over).
    When you start seeing what you can view as far as turn-compared-to-turn information, you'll see how much computation there is.

(in reply to Knaust)
    Post #: 808
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 12:54:18 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

I know Floyd found a whole heap of leaders that we hadn't discovered before, so if you are upgrading rather than just starting fresh I would imagine that the units that didn't have leaders assigned (according to Tracker) now do and that initiated an alert ... I think this is just a bi-product of finding more ...

Let us know if it continues though ...

Yeah, that was it. I added the reading of 3000 potential leaders, so it must have caught some 'new' ones.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 809
    RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/1/2009 1:48:33 PM   
    ny59giants

quote:

If your playing against the AI, this is not a problem. However, if you play PBEM this "may" lead to the dreaded sync problem. The Combat Replay will be different from the actual Japanese Combat Report that you may receive as the Allied player. If you are the Japanese player, run the turn initially with no other programs running. Then you can start Tracker or any other program while you are doing your orders.

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 810
    Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.4 Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI