Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/7/2009 10:29:14 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

Hi Damian & Floyd,

It's a long time since the last idea I got, but here is a new one : an alert for the complete repair of a ship.  That is, whenever a ship goes down from any damage to a sys/flt/fir 0/0/0, a warning would tell it in the Alert panel.  Maybe only if said ship is in a port which has a repair yard.

This would allow the user to put a ship in a port for repair, and not having to worry about it each turn.

Otherwise, keep up the good work.

Talking about alerts, has anyone seen a "named pilot" come back from WIA/MIA ? I still have not seen an alert for that and I wanted to check if it was working ... I know thesix said he might have seen it, but ...

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 841
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/7/2009 3:06:00 PM   
Ambassador

That was in the previous update, right ?  If so, I've loaded a hundred turns on Tracker in the same game, and never saw that alert.  I'm not sure any named pilot ever came back from hospital in the meantime, but it's a long time and it should have.  Sorry if it doesn't help.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 842
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/7/2009 5:15:45 PM   
Grotius

On the topic of alerts, how about a minor alert when any unit gains experience? Or would that occur too frequently?

I like the idea of an alert when a ship is fully repaired, too.

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 843
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/7/2009 8:00:27 PM   
FOW

I'm running v1.4 (will get round to loading 1.5 soon) and I have a problem loading turns.
I've missed a turn and whilst it is not a crisis I would like to load it in. However when I try to I get a message 'The save file is for turn ##, and later turns are already loaded'

Is there any way to load up a previous turn?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 844
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/7/2009 9:50:19 PM   
Ambassador

No, some informations are only kept for the last loaded turn, so there would be problems - the developpers said so some time ago, at least, and haven't retracted this since.

Did you keep backups of the saves ?

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 845
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/8/2009 12:47:04 AM   
floydg

Yes, what Ambassador said. We can't "insert" a turn's information between turns already loaded, because what we really save from turn-to-turn is only what changed, not all of the turn's data. Therefore, recreating the picture would be too difficult.

Floyd

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 846
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/8/2009 11:21:19 AM   
Ambassador

FOW, if it may help you in the future, here's what I do :
- every ten-fifteen turns or so, I back up Tracker's database
- I save every turn not only in the save slot used by Tracker, but also in another (different for each turn), immediately after the turn resolution (not to forget about it), so that I always have the last 10-15 saves ready (you can off course use more slots to keep more saves)
- before backing up a more recent database, I check the list of turns loaded, and make sure I did not miss any - if I missed one, I can replace the current database by my last backup, and load all the recent turns in the proper order

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 847
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/8/2009 4:46:46 PM   
FOW

Thanks for the replies.

Like I said its no great issue. Actually missed turn 13 and now on turn 15. I have all the previous turns saved so can restart.

So I'll install 1.5 and reload all the saved turn files. It'll give me something to do between PBEM turns.

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 848
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/8/2009 7:41:25 PM   
Chris21wen

I've still got the problem with heap space. This only occurs when I swtich between witp and tracker itself. It does not occur when I load tracker or load a new turn. I've tried increasing the xms128m and xmx256m both separately and together but with no joy. This problem started with v1.5. THe jpg below is a sample of the errir messages I get. Note that I have tried it on two computer systems and get the same problems but the machnes are similar so I'll now try my laptop to see if it happens there.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 849
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/8/2009 10:40:13 PM   
n01487477

Chris - just for interest, are you playing WITP windowed or full screen when you switch ? What other programs are running in the background?And seeing this is happening when you switch -- what is your video card/mem?

I've been investigating the problem using JProbe but don't have an issue on my system - infact it says with 30 turns loaded that I'm only using half my allocated heap space(default 64) I'll keep looking and hopefully we can find a solution for you / anyone else.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?

Damian

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 850
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/8/2009 11:25:30 PM   
Nomad

I run WitP in a window, with tracker, MS notepad, MS Word, MS Excel, Media Player, my outliner noteboook progam all runing at the same time. One of my DBs is over 130MB now. I have not had any problems or error appearing at all. I do have 2 GB of RAM and a 8800 GTX - 768MB vid card.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 851
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/9/2009 1:20:40 PM   
Bliztk

In the LCU screen could you add two new columns for more info ?

Aviation Support
Engineer Value

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 852
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/9/2009 1:40:28 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

In the LCU screen could you add two new columns for more info ?

Aviation Support
Engineer Value

That's a good idea.

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 853
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/9/2009 2:47:52 PM   
n01487477

IJ Tracker users - re LCU Reinforcement Production figures.

Not that it matters a whole heap seeing as LCU reinforcement of on map units moves at a glacial pace anyway ...
BUT
I did some testing and I found the following which basically means my reinforcements production of armaments and vehicles in the production area are in error. THIS doesn't affect delayed units.

Why ? because I erroneously thought that disrupted units needed arm and veh points to fill them out - they don;t. Only destroyed or additional devices need this, and if there is an upgrade they don't or if they upgrade to their TOE , unless the number is more than that which is present.

I'll fix this for the next release. But happily in my game I have had 99.9% of my arriving units at 100% according to their initial DB.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 854
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/9/2009 4:47:55 PM   
DaveConn

I have a problem that has just started after upgrading to 1.5 (and starting a new game). After the initial DB initialization, when I have tried to load a turn, the programs seems to hang up during the load process, at the "Comparing Pilots" stage. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!

--Dave

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 855
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/9/2009 6:39:16 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Chris - just for interest, are you playing WITP windowed or full screen when you switch ? What other programs are running in the background?And seeing this is happening when you switch -- what is your video card/mem?

I've been investigating the problem using JProbe but don't have an issue on my system - infact it says with 30 turns loaded that I'm only using half my allocated heap space(default 64) I'll keep looking and hopefully we can find a solution for you / anyone else.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?

Damian

Full screen. On my home machine I've turn off everthing i can except for a virus checker (McAfee) and vista's normal rubbish. I've 2G of ram and my vdeo card is an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro with 256m of video memory. The system is set up to use 1G of video memory of which 750M is shared. I have been mointoring memory usage using window monitor and with Witp and tracker loaded its up at around 60%. Note that both machines I'm using have the same video card but I've not had time to try it on my laptop.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 856
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/9/2009 6:50:34 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Full screen. On my home machine I've turn off everthing i can except for a virus checker (McAfee) and vista's normal rubbish. I've 2G of ram and my vdeo card is an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro with 256m of video memory. The system is set up to use 1G of video memory of which 750M is shared. I have been mointoring memory usage using window monitor and with Witp and tracker loaded its up at around 60%. Note that both machines I'm using have the same video card but I've not had time to try it on my laptop.

If it helps, I have equal settings, same 2 Gb DDR, same video card capability (but an NVIDIA Geforce), and Vista, and don't have any issue with heap size. I've had some problems with java when I bought the laptop (long before I used Tracker), it simply was too old a java - have you tried reinstalling it with a newest update ?

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 857
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/9/2009 8:21:53 PM   
Bliztk

Another idea.

I use a home-made excel file to keep track of the game info. I find very useful to mark each different unit type with a color. For example in the LCU window, HQs in Pink, infantry in Green, Armour un blue....

Could also an option added to enable exporting the sheets generated by Witptracker to a CSV file ?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 858
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/9/2009 8:33:37 PM   
Ambassador

Color-coded background could really be helpful, I subscribe to it.

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 859
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/9/2009 10:08:10 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaveConn

I have a problem that has just started after upgrading to 1.5 (and starting a new game). After the initial DB initialization, when I have tried to load a turn, the programs seems to hang up during the load process, at the "Comparing Pilots" stage. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!

--Dave

Dave - Firstly is there any message in the dos box ?

If not delete the trackerdb.* files, reinitialise the DB & then try again. If it is still causing a problem I will get you to email both save files to witptracker@gmail.com to see what is going on.

Damian

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 1/9/2009 10:12:31 PM >

(in reply to DaveConn)
Post #: 860
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/9/2009 10:31:56 PM   
Grotius

quote:

fter the initial DB initialization, when I have tried to load a turn, the programs seems to hang up during the load process, at the "Comparing Pilots" stage

For what it's worth, I get this on occasion too. I get 'out of memory' errors in the accompanying DOS box. In fact it just happened as I tried to load my 70th turn. But so far I've always been able to cure it by exiting Tracker and restarting it.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 861
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/9/2009 10:37:40 PM   
DaveConn

No message in the DOS box. Let me try reinitializing the DB and see what happens. Thanks!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 862
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/9/2009 11:07:16 PM   
DD696

I'd just like to thank the pair of you for creating this and continously upgrading it, if I may.

I have been using this for about the last four months. I am playing a modified version of CHS157 as allies against the AI and am currently up to 8/43. I have been using this tool to keep the AI from self-destructing (going head-to-head against myself), mainly nudging the AI production or occasionally the absurdity of some of it's TF movements and it has become the "Wonder Tool" to keep the game going. It has made it very clear why I have never been able to play this game into it's later stages.

I feel that if this tool is not able to be used with the "maybe there is and maybe there isn't" AE then it will be a great loss to the WitP gaming community. If you need help with petitioning to get the save files available for access to this, I'd be pleased to help if possible.

Thank you again....

USMC: 1970-1977. A United States Marine.
We don't take kindly to idjits.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 863
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/10/2009 5:20:19 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

If it helps, I have equal settings, same 2 Gb DDR, same video card capability (but an NVIDIA Geforce), and Vista, and don't have any issue with heap size. I've had some problems with java when I bought the laptop (long before I used Tracker), it simply was too old a java - have you tried reinstalling it with a newest update ?

Not Java I've got the latest, got all the latest drivers. It seems to work on my laptop but with a Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT .(256MB).

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 864
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/10/2009 5:52:36 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: DD696

I'd just like to thank the pair of you for creating this and continously upgrading it, if I may.

I have been using this for about the last four months. I am playing a modified version of CHS157 as allies against the AI and am currently up to 8/43. I have been using this tool to keep the AI from self-destructing (going head-to-head against myself), mainly nudging the AI production or occasionally the absurdity of some of it's TF movements and it has become the "Wonder Tool" to keep the game going. It has made it very clear why I have never been able to play this game into it's later stages.

I feel that if this tool is not able to be used with the "maybe there is and maybe there isn't" AE then it will be a great loss to the WitP gaming community. If you need help with petitioning to get the save files available for access to this, I'd be pleased to help if possible.

Thank you again....

Thanks for the compliments.

We are working on a plan for supporting AE, but nothing we can say just yet...

(in reply to DD696)
Post #: 865
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/10/2009 10:05:54 PM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not Java I've got the latest, got all the latest drivers. It seems to work on my laptop but with a Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT .(256MB).

Chris - I just wonder if you went to WITP windowed NOT full screen whether this would solve your problem or at least tell us that it is a refresh video memory problem.

Damian

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 866
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/11/2009 8:17:12 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Chris - I just wonder if you went to WITP windowed NOT full screen whether this would solve your problem or at least tell us that it is a refresh video memory problem.

Damian

I'll try it but the last time I tried it (when witp first came) I had serious problem running the game and have not tried since. How's it done anyway I've forgotten.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 867
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/12/2009 3:16:04 AM   
n01487477

Right click on the file .. go to properties ...at the end of the target add

-windowed

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 868
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/12/2009 3:33:41 AM   
JeffroK

More a question on data provided by Tracker...

Do Leaders improve their stats will still with a "Delay" status??

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 869
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/12/2009 3:56:53 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

More a question on data provided by Tracker...

Do Leaders improve their stats will still with a "Delay" status??

Yes, I have often seen "delayed" leaders improve their skill.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 870
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI