Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line troops!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line troops! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line tro... - 4/18/2008 4:51:51 PM   
Miamieagle

I would like to see C47 flying in to resupply Front line troops like they did in Burma and New Guinea theater of war and in other Fronts line like in the Western Front during Operation Marker Garden!

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 4/18/2008 4:56:24 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line... - 4/18/2008 6:14:04 PM   
countblue

and JU 52/3-m dropping it for the germans at Stalingrad and getting almost all shot down and the rest has to evacuate the wounded out of the cauldron.

Since Matrix succeeded in getting trains to load and unload troops it should be possible with planes too.

Countblue

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 2
RE: I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line... - 4/18/2008 6:58:05 PM   
Miamieagle

Good point!

(in reply to countblue)
Post #: 3
RE: I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line... - 4/18/2008 9:03:37 PM   
Dumnorix

quote:

....it should be possible with planes too.

It is not really possible. In movementcode: this is no problem to use an existing coderow for flying units. The gameengine need:
1. a third unitclass in the weaponfile, otherwise airplanes "are shot" by infantry and artillery !
2. and a new features, a second Air level, to use Ju52 and others to transport troops over the enemyunits.

Otherwise - look at my script capitel 2.2 - for new airfightsystem JTCS meets PG3D !!!
http://files.filefront.com/absolut+Upgrade+CS+meets+Ddoc/;10031765;/fileinfo.html

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 4/18/2008 9:06:08 PM >

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 4
RE: I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line... - 4/18/2008 10:07:13 PM   
countblue

I get your point Dumnorix.
So the planes could only fly in sort "enemy free" corridors.
Well, JU-52s shouldnt have too much enemy opposition anyway, since they were flying ducks.
Same goes for Miamieagles C-47s.

All we would need is something like Fieseler Storch with a little less movement rate maybe and an icon of Ju52 and C-47 plus the carrying capacity of the troop train or alternativly the supply trains supply factor (if he has any allready?).

Countblue

< Message edited by countblue -- 4/18/2008 10:11:21 PM >

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 5
RE: I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line... - 4/19/2008 4:53:28 PM   
cw58

quote:

ORIGINAL: countblue

All we would need is something like Fieseler Storch with a little less movement rate maybe and an icon of Ju52 and C-47 plus the carrying capacity of the troop train or alternativly the supply trains supply factor (if he has any allready?).

Countblue

Actually, this is possible now in version 1.02. I've modded a transport plane that can move paratroopers to the front line and drop them there. You don't get the little guy with a parachute, but nothing's perfect.

There are a couple problems though:
1. The plane is shot at by AA units (and only AA units) but never takes damage. I think this is supposed to be fixed in 1.03.
2. The plane can be assaulted by any unit capable of assault and will take damage or be destroyed. Maybe this will be fixed as well. And, who knows, maybe transport planes will be included in 1.03 or other future patches.

I've never tried doing any kind of supply plane, but it should be possible.

cw58

< Message edited by cw58 -- 4/19/2008 4:55:09 PM >

(in reply to countblue)
Post #: 6
RE: I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line... - 4/19/2008 5:42:16 PM   
Huib

Supply rules are abstract through HQ units and base level ammo in CS. Why would one want to have supply planes other than to carry para or airlanding troops.

Huib

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 7
RE: I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line... - 4/19/2008 7:07:30 PM   
cw58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Huib

Supply rules are abstract through HQ units and base level ammo in CS. Why would one want to have supply planes other than to carry para or airlanding troops.

Huib

I have no idea.

cw58

(in reply to Huib)
Post #: 8
RE: I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line... - 4/19/2008 11:59:46 PM   
countblue

Ok, so we forget the supply chain stuff, but dropping troopers flown in by plane sounds pretty daunting in terms of scenariodesign to me. ;-)
Thats a "wannahave".

Countblue

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 9
RE: I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line... - 4/21/2008 9:07:53 AM   
serg3d1

If you want chain of supply you should get youself Advanced Tactic. All the game revolve around supply chain/routes. It's an operational level game.

(in reply to countblue)
Post #: 10
RE: I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line... - 4/21/2008 4:04:38 PM   
Miamieagle

I believe that is all possible to do within the game concept. The planes do not have to be perfect nor do we need Airplane intercepting them no not of that. They can use the same visual properties we have been using when we call on Air strike on enemy position. Its a matter of immersion and duplicating tacticles capabilities and necesaties of battle conditions of that era.

It will make a tacticle Battle tells say in the CBI Theater that much more immersing in my opinion.

For a example of simulated future scenerio base on the CBI Theater:if the C47 do not drop their supplies in time the Japanese may overrun certain positions in your tacticle Battlefield and you may lose the battle do to lack of supplies just like in the real World at that time.

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 4/21/2008 4:06:41 PM >

(in reply to serg3d1)
Post #: 11
RE: I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line... - 4/21/2008 4:19:13 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miamieagle
For a example of simulated future scenerio base on the CBI Theater:if the C47 do not drop their supplies in time the Japanese may overrun certain positions in your tacticle Battlefield and you may lose the battle do to lack of supplies just like in the real World at that time.

You could simulate this presently by having the parent HQ arrive by glider or parachute with a low chance of arrival.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 12
RE: I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line... - 4/21/2008 5:12:28 PM   
Miamieagle

Thank you Pathon for your tip!

I still think it will a lot more fun and accurate to have this feature incorparated in a future Patch!

Thank you again!

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 4/21/2008 5:13:25 PM >

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> I would like to see C47 flying supplying Front line troops! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI