Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? (game running)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? (game running) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? (game r... - 4/21/2008 4:04:23 AM   
Shambling Strider

Hi,

I'd like to try one of the Human Only scenario who is coming with the game. Did not try any yet.

It should be on a slow pace, because I'm not always having time on weekdays. So, maybe somebody's willing for a one turn by week (or more when it is possible) game ?

Maybe there is some workaholic father with an obsessionnal taste for good games who is sneaking out here ?

Any scenario should be good.

Have fun with this great game who is tasting like these good old board wargames, without all the trouble of the manipulation of all these ?%$/ piles of counters !!!

Thanx Vic !

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Shambling Strider -- 4/27/2008 4:12:40 PM >

War is patience.
Post #: 1
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/21/2008 4:16:03 AM   
kirkgregerson

I will play you in WaW v32, seems to be a great global game.  Would like to try allies, if you don't mind.  You can find the scenario at http://www.advancedtactics.org/scenariobank.php.  You need to register to get downloads there.  It's easy to dl and install.  Le me know if you up for a game.

-Kirk

(in reply to Shambling Strider)
Post #: 2
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/21/2008 5:13:47 AM   
BvB

I would do anything you like and you can send turns as slow or fast as you like.  Baron von Beergut

Enlisted during Nixon, retired during Clinton then went postal - joined the USPS, then retired from that during Obama.

(in reply to kirkgregerson)
Post #: 3
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/21/2008 7:23:19 AM   
kirkgregerson

yes, that sounds good get webers WaWv32 scen if you don't already have. Rising prod, special units? Send me axis turn, I like to try allies if that ok.

< Message edited by kirkgregerson -- 4/21/2008 7:26:35 AM >

(in reply to BvB)
Post #: 4
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/22/2008 12:11:09 AM   
Shambling Strider

Well, Thanx for your answer BVB and Kirkgregerson ! Maybe we should try to find 2 other players to play WaWv32 with five players for the five country ?

So, here is the new offer : waiting for 2 more players who are able to play at least one turn by week. Sounds good for you guys ?

By the way, if you two prefer to begin a game now (3 players), I've no problem with this. Assign me a country (or two?) and let's start the game !

I'll be back tomorrow.

Cheers

War is patience.

(in reply to kirkgregerson)
Post #: 5
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/22/2008 12:54:09 AM   
BvB

Up to you sir.  The way that scenario works it starts with two human, the German and The West.  The other 3 dont get involved till after France surrenders. So that could be a while.  Kirk and I just started, so either:  a) if he says ok, then you can join that as either Russia, Japan or China;
b) start a new one and you can be whomever you want; c) start a different scenario all together to be whomever you want.  I will go with the flow or stand aside if you found another opponent. 
On the W@W32 scenaro I am in that with another crew and I got stuck as the China player.  That is such a small position one might consider allowing either The West or the Russia player to run it. 
Any way good luck with whatever you decide.  Salute!  BvB

Enlisted during Nixon, retired during Clinton then went postal - joined the USPS, then retired from that during Obama.

Post #: 6
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/22/2008 7:00:35 AM   
Shambling Strider

Very good BvB. I'm your Russian. Probably the worst you ever seen, but a happy Russian. I'm sending you my email adress.

Thanx for the invitation !

War is patience.

(in reply to BvB)
Post #: 7
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/22/2008 1:05:42 PM   
BvB

Like I said, as long as it is ok with Kirk.  I think he wanted just two people... so if it is ok with him it is ok with me... BvB

Post #: 8
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/22/2008 3:09:38 PM   
Shambling Strider

Ok. If Kirk prefer only two players, there's no problem !

I wish you a good game !

War is patience.

(in reply to BvB)
Post #: 9
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/22/2008 3:16:27 PM   
BvB

If you want a seperate game either way, anyside I will give it a try.  Maybe then you can get a 4 or 5 player one. The turn sequence is West, Russia, China, Germany, Japan, and back. So I would suggest Russia also play China if you dont find a 5th.  Initial game is Germany to West back and forth.
The game with Kirk is currently in Jan28 1940 so it will be a while to get anyone else anyway. He can decide if he wants it two player or multi and if multi then I guess he will let you know... BvB

Post #: 10
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/22/2008 5:23:00 PM   
Azghaf

Hi all,

Willing to join in if there is space, would like to play one of either China or Japan as I'm already loaded up with current game vs Bartheart (WAW 32 Axis).

Shout if you still need a player.

Dave

(in reply to BvB)
Post #: 11
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/23/2008 12:08:04 AM   
BvB

I think Kirk wanted a faster turn around so we will keep that just him vs me.  Strider wants a no rush game where it would be ok to do a turn a week.  So Azghaf, I would say if either that is ok with you then you can be China or Japan in a game or if we can recruit enough then another game altogether can be started.  Good luck sir... BvB

(in reply to Azghaf)
Post #: 12
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/23/2008 1:10:48 AM   
Shambling Strider

Hi,

Is it possible to start a 3 players game (BvB, Azghaf and me) ? West, Germany/Japan and Russia/China maybe ?

I'm asking because I did not play this scenario yet. I have no problem to be the last player starting (Russia/China I guess).

Give me some news.

War is patience.

(in reply to BvB)
Post #: 13
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/23/2008 2:35:41 AM   
BvB

Ok so both you and Az favor being Russia/China but no one sounds like they want Germany or The West.
So I went and started a game with me as Germany.  My email is bvbpbem at prodigy dot net.  So if you guys send me your email I can send it on.  Then decide who wants to be west and the other be Russia/China.  Then if anyone else shows up and wants to join they can be Japan.  If you two share a password then if one of you cant continue the other can take over for a while and also see each others turns to see what is going on.  I have no problem with slow turns that Strider mentioned. So as long as that is also fine with Azghaf we have a game... salute and good luck on the battlefield... Baron von Beergut

Post #: 14
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/24/2008 4:05:27 AM   
Shambling Strider

Thanx Baron.

I'm in as West. I'm sending you my email adress (already did, no?). We'll see if Azghaf is still interested when Russia, China and Japan are coming up, and then see who are ready to play. In the worst case, we will play just us two. By the way, I'll check directly with Azghaf. I'm playing the Ardennes with him right now.

Just hope now I will understand how to manage the supply in Atlantic and Mediterranean...

See you on the field Heir Von Beergut.

War is patience.

(in reply to BvB)
Post #: 15
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/24/2008 11:23:13 AM   
Ccr

Hi All
If you're still looking for a China/Russia player and can bear to put up with an inexperienced pbem player I will happily play.
Let me know.

Post #: 16
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/24/2008 6:25:42 PM   
Azghaf

Hi Baron, Strider,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, happy to play Russia/China, send me the turn when Paris has fallen.

Cheers

Dave

(in reply to Ccr)
Post #: 17
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/25/2008 12:23:58 AM   
Shambling Strider

Hi,

The situation is as following : Baron is playing Axies and Azghaf has Russia/China. I give to Ccr the choice between West and Japan and I will take the remaining one. If Ccr choose to play West, I will transfer the file that Baron transmitted to me and inform all of you of the email adress of each players. And then, we'll have a 4 players game.

Thank you all !

War is patience.

(in reply to Azghaf)
Post #: 18
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/25/2008 7:39:01 PM   
Shambling Strider

Hi Baron, Azghaf, Ccr,

We have a game running now !

Axies : BvB
West : Ccr
Russia/China : Azghaf
Japan : Shambling Strider

You will all receive soon an email with the adress of each player.

By the way, I'm really happy to play Japan.

I'm proposing that this thread become the place to ask for some rules tips to the other players or to keep a footprint of this game. What are you thinking ?

Wish you all a fun and challenging game !

War is patience.

Post #: 19
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/25/2008 11:39:13 PM   
Ccr

Hi all

Turn 1 sent to BvB

Looking forward to the game.

Any top tips on how to get West supply points round the globe efficiently - |building masses of cargo ships seem a rather expensive option! (but perhaps the only one!)

Ccr

Post #: 20
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/26/2008 2:45:57 AM   
BvB

You should not need to build masses of ships for supply. I think just a few with HQ in a port and then make one the head HQ and it will automatically send to others.  If you see a unit in need then you may have to manually transfer some supply. I never got a turn back from The West so I just resent my first turn to all of you again in case it didnt get to you. But now I read here that you sent me one?  Please send again... Baron von Beergut

(in reply to Ccr)
Post #: 21
RE: Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? - 4/26/2008 8:51:23 PM   
Ccr

T2 to BvB
Poland was sadly rather efficiently dealt with!

(in reply to BvB)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Somebody for one of the 'Human Only' scenario ? (game running) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI