Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> AI report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI report - 5/4/2008 3:27:56 AM   
R.E.LEE

Hi can anyone tell me or direct me to reports on the competence of the AI, as i am mostly a solo player and i want this game so very much,but without a great AI opponent it is useless to me many thanks,ill continue reading all the threads till i get a response. PS also how long is a game turn,i hate games that finmnish after hours of building your forces and making plans the game ends cause the other side has captured a certain amount of the map etc,i love games that give you the option to fight till the end,the end being whenever i decide to surrender,many thanks the longer the game the better,so im hoping a game turn is no longer than a week?

< Message edited by R.E.LEE -- 5/4/2008 3:34:38 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: AI report - 5/4/2008 2:09:51 PM   
SMK-at-work

The AI is competant - the game system is fairly simple, so the AI can cope with most things.  IIRC it plays better as the central powers.

The game can last for ages!! :)  Even with each strategic turn being 2 months you get 1-3 action phases in each, plusa strategic phase.  The game comes to a timed ending at the end of 1919 if you don't finish sooner, and it it takes a reasonable amount of conquest to KO any of hte major powers - but if the CP takes Paris you can assume the French are not doing well - although they need to lose more than that to be forced to surrender.

There are also factors such as manpower losses and starvation that contribute to the decline of national morale and hence eventual surrender - territory (in hte form of cities) is just one of them.

(in reply to R.E.LEE)
Post #: 2
RE: AI report - 5/4/2008 3:35:36 PM   
R.E.LEE

Thankyou so there is no option to turn off the timed victory.What amount of turmns would you say the average campaign would take.thanks

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> AI report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI