Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Basic Questions from a potential buyer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> Basic Questions from a potential buyer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Basic Questions from a potential buyer - 5/14/2008 5:18:32 PM   
ironbar61

As almost all descriptions of CCMT refer back to previous releases (of which I've played none), I'm having a hard time getting a handle on the game, so if anyone cares to answer;

I haven't noticed any time of day indicator on the screenshots- is night modelled differently, with modifiers (thermal/IR sights, flares, burning structures)?
Can smoke be used ?
Is terrian modifiable, can you breach a minefield, anti tank berm, fill in a tank ditch, clear wire obstacles? Is it possible to fortify/barricade a first floor of a two story building (ala Grozny/Fallujha) and subsequently breach it it? Destroy a bridge/structure with arty/demo?
Speaking of artillery, hows fire support modeled? Can the FO call for a specific munition type? Is blue on blue modeled (if the FO calls it in too close, can friendlies get hit)?
Is there an over view of scenarios available anywhere? Or an overview of forces in the game?
Just based on the screenshots it seems the smallest force size the game is playable at would be about platoon with support, what's the largest force size in a scenario that is managable (as opposed to just how many can you get on the map)?
How long is the average scenario, and the longest potential scenario?

I've been looking for a good current era, tactical game, more emphasis on content then eye candy,
Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Basic Questions from a potential buyer - 5/14/2008 10:41:01 PM   
Andrew Williams

1. Night is not modelled
2. Smoke can be used
3. All obstacles have a movement penalty, hedges get crushed walls rubble, this is limited.
4. You can enter all buildings and fire from cover but you cannot fortify.
5. The FO can only call in what the scenario designer has allowed.
6. Blue on Blue is a yes
7. Friendly casualties are a yes.
8. Smallest size force is a single man
9. largest force is 150 (approx ie 15 teams of 10 men) per player
10. 10 minutes is the minimum time, unlimited time is possible, again set upo by the scenario designer. Play can be short and sharp or go on for a very long time depending on the objective of the scenario.
11. Most scenarios are of the take/hold the town variety, but you can design scenarios with different objectives with the inbuilt editor.

(in reply to ironbar61)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> Basic Questions from a potential buyer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI