Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mega Fun

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Mega Fun Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mega Fun - 5/18/2008 6:48:25 PM   
emcgman

I finally broke down and got Carriers at War. I have been considering this game for months. (See my previous post somewhere down below).

I'm sure my hesitation was similar to others that have been considering a purchase. Let's face it, this game costs $50 just for digital download.

I can tell you one thing for sure: This game is mega fun.

Before purchasing, you're thinking, is this game going to be complex enough. Is it as deep as Battles in Normandy, for example?

No.

Does it matter?

No.

This game is in real time and it lets you slow it down to a decision making level or stop it as you like. It gives you this really cool feeling of stealthing through the ocean.

Searching, spotting, striking. Getting the drop on your opponent first. That is the essence of Carriers at War.

The suspense and resulting exhilaration you will experience as a result of succesfully accomplishing these things will have you cackling with glee.

This is one of those rare games that when you start up the game and you're going through the tutorial, you can see that it's a cool game.

Then, when you begin playing your first scenario, you know you've hit the gaming jackpot.

There are literally dozens of `mystery variant' scenarios within the main scenarios, which I was really happy to see, because I originally thought there to be only a few. Therefore, single player replayability seems to be quite high, and definitely far better than I expected.

As a matter of fact, Carriers of War has exceded my original expectations, and there's not many games that deliver that result.

Thanks SSG, I guess you deserved the Bronze after all.

Post #: 1
RE: Mega Fun - 5/23/2008 2:21:25 PM   
Grell

Well, I installed the game and it reminded me of a game from the 90's and WitP only with options cut back. I just didn't want to play it so I uninstalled it rather quickly.

Sad to say but this game is just not for me.

Regards,

Greg

(in reply to emcgman)
Post #: 2
RE: Mega Fun - 5/23/2008 11:27:40 PM   
mariovalleemtl

I also love this game. My only problem is to find peoples to play with me live. 

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 3
RE: Mega Fun - 5/24/2008 12:05:10 AM   
GenChaos33

IMO, game is best played MP.  Mario, try joining my campaign game for MP games. We have a few players, can always use more. You can play just a few battles or as many as possible. Its all for fun. Just PM me.

(in reply to mariovalleemtl)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Mega Fun Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI