Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favorite Strategy Game (He sayed in interwiev any

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favorite Strategy Game (He sayed in interwiev any Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 4:26:27 AM   
Naskra

A Swede, the Pope, and a Giraffe walk into a bar .... and someone is offended.

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 31
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 4:27:27 AM   
Mike Scholl

Bassically, as a small and rather homogenious nation bordered by the fearsome threats of Norway and Finland (half of who's citizens aren't swarming to get into Sweden); I would guess that the Prime Ministership doesn't have to be a 24/7 job.  So if he wants to indulge in our hobby in his spare time, good for all of us.

However, I'd just as soon not deal with their tax rates. 

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 32
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 4:38:42 AM   
hgilmer

That's pretty cool.  It just goes to show you, anyone can be anyone.  Maybe I could become prime minister of the US someday? 

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 33
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 5:52:08 AM   
chuckwalla

deleted

< Message edited by chuckwalla -- 5/26/2008 9:06:59 PM >

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 34
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 6:01:47 AM   
XENXEN

I belive that this is a Documentary about Sweden and WW2 made by someone from finland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6FEzGJjgrs

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 35
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 6:10:45 AM   
bradfordkay

I think that it's absolutely wonderful that the Swedish PM is a WITP addict. First of all, it shows that he's smarter than the average politician and secondly it shows that he has good taste.

Sir, whoever you are, thanks for representing our small community so well in the public eye...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to XENXEN)
Post #: 36
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 6:11:44 AM   
chuckwalla

deleted

< Message edited by chuckwalla -- 5/26/2008 9:07:37 PM >

(in reply to XENXEN)
Post #: 37
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 6:13:45 AM   
bradfordkay

c'mon chuck, I was trying to get the thread back on topic and now you've gone and reinjected OT politics into it...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 38
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 6:13:54 AM   
Gem35

Swedish Chef, now that takes me back a long time to my childhood years and the muppet show.
Every Saturday night @ 6:30 pm I was in front of the TV.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 39
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 6:18:30 AM   
chuckwalla

Bradfordkey,
Thanks for trying to take this thread back to where it belongs. I will cease and desist.

< Message edited by chuckwalla -- 5/26/2008 6:19:51 AM >

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 40
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 6:39:57 AM   
XENXEN

deleted

< Message edited by XENXEN -- 5/26/2008 10:00:08 PM >

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 41
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 7:11:34 AM   
Gem35

For cry pete's can we drop the political BS please?

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to XENXEN)
Post #: 42
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 7:21:47 AM   
daft

I'm actually a bit sad I share a hobby with that man. :(

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 43
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 9:57:39 AM   
goodboyladdie

quote:

ORIGINAL: daft

I'm actually a bit sad I share a hobby with that man. :(

With the number of negative comments creeping in here, I am not surprised the poor guy wants to remain incognito.

Everyone is entitled to relax, even Leaders. If he does it by playing WitP, surely it's better than the normal sleezy pastimes a lot of powerful men indulge in?

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to daft)
Post #: 44
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 10:56:24 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

With the number of negative comments creeping in here, I am not surprised the poor guy wants to remain incognito.

Everyone is entitled to relax, even Leaders. If he does it by playing WitP, surely it's better than the normal sleezy pastimes a lot of powerful men indulge in?

I think that, if it is true, that is really wonderful thing - why not having people playing WitP!

As for Sweden "bashing" I think there is no bad intent here - people are just trying to have some humor (I think we did "bash" almost every nation here in past 5+ years)...

BTW, one point made in this thread is really important clue - the Swedish prime minister is born in 1965 and and the collapse of the Soviet Union he would have been too young (25+ in 1990's) for KGB files... or perhaps this was meant to mean that KGB (or FSB nowadays) is still working as it always was (and in such case they would most certainly have his profile)...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 45
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 11:38:42 AM   
Ambassador

He was very active in the youth politician groups IIRC, so age is not so important.  After all, having a code name in the KGB doesn't mean the file they got on you is heavy...

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 46
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 11:50:58 AM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: chuckwalla

I apparently killed this topic, but I think Japan had a very interesting news story before this thread degenerated into ethnic jokes. Could we get back to that?

What ethnic jokes? The Swedish Chef is FUNNY. Get over yourself.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 47
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 12:41:16 PM   
ChezDaJez

quote:

Please explain to me how ridiculing others because of their nationality or because they like WITP is beneficial to this forum.

Lighten up! Life's too short to create controversy out of comments made in jest. That's the media's job. If the posters had intended their remarks to be offensive, I'm sure their comments would have been much more slanderous. Humerous comments in no way reflect disdain or disrespect towards the "object of our affection."

Your statement strikes me as one of "political correctness." The way I see it, there isn't a country in the world that doesn't have some humerous aspect to it including our own. We should be able to laugh at these aspects without being branded as an ignorant SOB. This forum is an international one with members from all over the world. Jestful barbs are traded all the time without intending to insult. If you really want to clean up a forum, head on over to the Madcow Steakhouse. I'm sure that they would listen to your comments with all due respect.

Chez

Ret Navy AWCS (1972-1998)
VP-5, Jacksonville, Fl 1973-78
ASW Ops Center, Rota, Spain 1978-81
VP-40, Mt View, Ca 1981-87
Patrol Wing 10, Mt View, CA 1987-90
ASW Ops Center, Adak, Ak 1990-92
NRD Seattle 1992-96
VP-46, Whidbey Isl, Wa 1996-98

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 48
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 12:51:36 PM   
Terminus

In fact, here's a jestful barb now. If there is an ethnic slur implied in the Swedish Chef, it's not against Swedes, but against Americans, because it implies that they're too dim to understand foreign languages.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to ChezDaJez)
Post #: 49
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 12:55:31 PM   
tigercub

that was funny dave! cracked me up!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to DaveB)
Post #: 50
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 3:27:26 PM   
daft

Of course he is entitled to relax, but since I am a Swede I think I have the right to bash him regardless of what he plays. ;) I'm not such a great supporter of the man as my countryman Japan is. Not that I like the alternative much better though. :)

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 51
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 6:08:02 PM   
Japan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Japan

The Swedish Priminister was on Interwiev on TV today, and he talked about his Hobbies.

The Largest of His Hoppy was to play War in The Pacific, Aproksemetly 2 Hours Every Day.

He did not dare to say his Gaming Name, as it could cause Complications for him, however he sayed he used as Gaming name, the same name as KGB internaly had assigned to be his Codename back in Coald War Times...

So, if any of you would faind the Codename the KGB in the old days had for the man who today is the Swedish Prieminister, well then you will know his Gaming Name.

Apparantly he has played the game for 3 Years, and he playes also a game he sayed was called Read Alet, and one called The Korsum Pocket also, but not so often as this "War in the Pacific".

Well Sir, If you Read this I just wanna say that i dont hope you are easely effected by Computer games (no that was a joke) .. Anyway.. what i wanted to say was Good Work on your Policy (i voted for you), and give me a word if you want to take a Game one day.

Is this for real?

Leo "Apollo11"

Yes it is for real, im not kidding it was on TV in a interwiev about him and his life as prime minister ect..

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 52
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 6:23:11 PM   
Japan

HOW HOW HOW

This semes to be a Scandinavien Trend !!

Now, it is clere, that The Swedish Priminister Admited to Computer Gaming ect, and using his name from KGB after that the Norwegan Primisister had Spoken Openly About his Daly Computer Game Habbits...

Here is a Link to the Norwegan Priministers statements, when he admits to his some addictive Computer War Game hobby... also using a name allocated to him by KGB...:

(Here for English (AUTO TRANSLATED) Vertion)
http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dagbladet.no%2Fkultur%2F2008%2F04%2F08%2F531926.html&type=text&text=&from=nor&to=eng

(Here for Orginal Norwegan Vertion)
http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2008/04/08/531926.html

Its now Clere that the two Priministers also have played Sevral Games Aiganst Echater after agreemant... and Both Using thair KGB Code names..

HiHiHi Isnt Scandinavien Politics Interesting ... HiHiHi

< Message edited by Japan -- 5/26/2008 6:24:43 PM >

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 53
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 6:29:56 PM   
timtom

Back in the early '90's, the then Danish Foreign Secretary Uffe Elleman Jensen named angling and playing Castle Wolfenstein, not necesarily in that order, as preferred ways of unwinding.

Where's the Any key?

(in reply to Japan)
Post #: 54
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 6:45:38 PM   
Przemcio231

Il say that Polish prime minister confessed some time ago that he smoked dope when he was young... but ill say ouer President with his brother should find a hobby like PM of Sweden maybe they would not be such assholes then

Pinky: Hey Brain what are we goeing to do this evening?
Brain: The Usual Pinky we will try to take over the World;)

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 55
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 7:28:00 PM   
DaveB

You really have GOT to be joking! I would call 'The Swedish Chef' a well loved (nostalgia based) character, and I'd imagine if you got the entire world population to vote on their least favourite nation Sweden would be somewhere near the bottom. If you genuinely think anybody here was ridiculing anyone then you are taking life and yourself far too seriously.

You should also stop playing Witp, which obviously celebrates one of the most heinous examples of man's inhumanity to man...

Dave
(Original swedish chef criminal, and by the way I'm an Englishman who lives in Scotland).

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 56
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 7:41:36 PM   
TulliusDetritus

But is he a Forum Dweller? If yes, I guess he wants to stay anonymous. I tried google he he, but this time it did not help. Anyway, I don't get it. When the USSR collapsed this guy was around 25... he already deserved a KGB alias? So young?

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to DaveB)
Post #: 57
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 8:07:22 PM   
Grollub

Chuckwalla, as I'm swedish, I find it a little moving that you're leaping to our defense. Rest assured, however, that nothing written so far in this thread have managed to offend me. On the contrary - I got those wonderful 'swedish chef' links to cheer me up. Haven't seen those since I was a little kid

I must also chime in with a couple of the other guys - Having [previously] absolutely no clue that our PM was a gamer, he's managed to move up a couple of notches in my eyes.

(It's just too bad that he's simultaneously in the process of disassembling the swedish defense forces. Sadly, IMHO, it's also mostly due to inept defense politics. )

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 58
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 8:08:42 PM   
mikemike

quote:

ORIGINAL: chuckwalla

By the way, what ever happened to the Danish Jews?

Danish Resistance managed to smuggle most of them to Sweden. Tragically, the last group was intercepted by the Gestapo (between 100 and 200 people) and went where all the Jews went the Gestapo got their hands on.

It is noteworthy that, when Hitler ordered that all Jews had to wear the "Judenstern" (a badge in the shape of a David's star in yellow bearing the word "Jude" (Jew) in black letters which had to be worn at all times on the outer clothing), the Danish King ostentatiously wore the Judenstern himself. After that, the German occupation authorities abstained from enforcing this particular regulation.

DON´T PANIC - IT´S ALL JUST ONES AND ZEROES!

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 59
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 8:16:34 PM   
Kull

Swedish Bikini Team anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtnMtrEB1-I

And then, just because it's totally hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ki3PyCV5M4&feature=related

(in reply to mikemike)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favorite Strategy Game (He sayed in interwiev any Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI