Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unearned Run Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Unearned Run Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unearned Run Question - 5/29/2008 12:06:01 AM   
Wrathchild

A batter gets on base because of an error. The next batter drives him in with a double. This shows as R 1, ER 0, which makes sense. However, this runner on second now scores on a hit by the next batter. The tally then shows R 2, ER 0. Why wasn't the second run scored an Earned Run?

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
Post #: 1
RE: Unearned Run Question - 5/29/2008 3:42:40 AM   
Crapgame54

Were there two outs when the runner reached on the error? If so all runs scored after that would be unearned since errorless play would have ended the inning.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 2
RE: Unearned Run Question - 5/29/2008 5:43:22 AM   
slider15

Were there 2 outs when the batter reached on the error. If so then the batter who drove him in with the double never should have gotten an at bat. That is the only reason why that i can think of that would cause it being an unearned run.

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 3
RE: Unearned Run Question - 5/29/2008 4:08:57 PM   
Wrathchild

The situation is probably the way you have described it. I'll have to pay more attention next time, as I really like to understand the rules and what's happening. It's most likely just me not knowing the rules well enough to know what was going on.

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

(in reply to slider15)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Unearned Run Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI