Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

hurricane build rate

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> hurricane build rate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 12:00:10 AM   
quertice

20 april 1942,i'm ally,my opponent has just started the conquest of burma,but now it's too late,rangoon is lvl 10 fortified

i have almost 200 fighters near rangoon,about 3/4 are hurricanes

hurris are working well,raf owns the rangoon's sky
but they are under high pressure,there aren't enough repleacements in the pool,hurricane production is too low

my planes will finish...

will hurricane build rate increases?

Post #: 1
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 4:44:52 AM   
JeffroK

Allied rates dont increase (I'm pretty sure )

You should be holding your breath until the Spit Vb arrives.

I try to keep any rear echelon Fighter Sqns on Mohawks or Buffalo's and keep the Hurris for the front line Sqns.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to quertice)
Post #: 2
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 5:27:20 AM   
Feinder

No, Allied build rates don't increase.  You might keep about 1/4 Mohawks in the mix.  The H urri is actually only marginally better, and you might as well use the Mohawks (esp if you're just flying defensive CAP, your short range is irrelevant).  But a key to early defense as Allies to "spread the pain'.  If you burn thru all your Hurris and P-40s in February, you're really going to be in a pickle in April when you're trying to pull one an two planes into your 1/3 strength squadrons.  Put up some Mohawks, just to draw some losses from your Hurris.

Also, "quantity has a quality all it's own".  This is esp true in WitP air-to-air.  50 mediocre Allied fighters can curvive agaist 25 first line Jap fighters.

One thing you'll want to keep an eye on, is your UK pilot pools.  At least in my exp, Burma-India tends to be where you have contact and range to do battle with the Jap pilot pools.  But this means losses for RAF pilots, so just keep an eye on things.

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 3
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 12:59:27 PM   
Bogo Mil

Allied fighter production is painfully low in the beginning. You should always try to get numerical superiority. Use not more than 1/2 of your Hurricanes in Rangoon, but boost their number with weaker fighters. Use all the crap you have to achive that. Don't look at the victory points, every Jap pilot you kill can not be replaced. That's the most important thing. Use up all your Buffalos, use the Wirraways, Mohawk IV, even the Chinese crap (if your houserules allow this). Try to bring more types to Burma (Kittyhawkks, P-39, ...) to use their pools and replacement rate as well (especially, if you don't have heavy attrition battles in other theatres). Night fighters can fly in daylight too, and some of them are even really good day fighters.

If a squadron has many damaged planes, you should move it back into safety (two steps - first the intact planes fly out. Then open the remaining fragment and rail transfer it, too). This avoids unnecessairy ground losses if some bombers break though.

If you are too low on planes and the enemy fithers outnumber yours, move everything out and rebuild. It doesn't pay dividents if you let your precious fighters die in severe disatvantage.

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 4
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 7:25:49 PM   
crsutton

Since your carriers should be avoiding the IJN carriers until at least June, one good use for them is to load them up with three squadrons of P39s and run them into the CBI. Get just close enough to fly them off the carriers and then bug out. The P39 is not much of a fighter but a good Japanese player should be attacking your tomahawks and P40s at every chance as the replacement rates are so pitiful. the P39s give you some fodder and a chance to spare the p40s. And when the 39s switch over to lightings in October, you will have yourself a nasty little airforce in the CBI.

As a rule, I like to send 3 squadrons of mediums and 3 squadrons of P39s to India as soon as possible. It might make you a little thin in the Pacific for a while but a good Japanese player will set up a perimiter that keeps your South Pacific fighters and mediums out of range for most of 1942 anyways. In CBI you are going to get to use them right away and hopefully cause serious attrition to the Japanese airforce.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Bogo Mil)
Post #: 5
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 7:50:45 PM   
HansBolter

in mid season hurricanes build up at about the rate of 3 a month....at least during the Atlantic hurricane season.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 6
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 8:09:39 PM   
bradfordkay

"It might make you a little thin in the Pacific for a while but a good Japanese player will set up a perimiter that keeps your South Pacific fighters and mediums out of range for most of 1942 anyways."

Boy, can I vouch for this. And considering the slow buildup of allied airpower in CHS, this problem continues well into '43...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 7
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 8:22:31 PM   
Feinder

[OT rant]

But what really galls me is that they can raise my insurance on the ~forcast~ of "increased activity" by some clown from the University of Wisconsin.

Last year, my rate went up by 30% because somebody said 6 hurricanes would make landfall in Florida.  And how many did?  Zero.  I live 25 miles inland.  If a hurricane floods Clearwater, St. Pete, Tampa, and New Port Richey, I might see some water on my doorstep.  But if that happens, I probably have bigger problems anyway.

Somethin' just ain't right here, I know it...

[/OT rant]

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 8
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 9:01:31 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

in mid season hurricanes build up at about the rate of 3 a month....at least during the Atlantic hurricane season.

Or more in a bad year

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 9
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 9:38:24 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

[OT rant]

But what really galls me is that they can raise my insurance on the ~forcast~ of "increased activity" by some clown from the University of Wisconsin.

Last year, my rate went up by 30% because somebody said 6 hurricanes would make landfall in Florida.  And how many did?  Zero.  I live 25 miles inland.  If a hurricane floods Clearwater, St. Pete, Tampa, and New Port Richey, I might see some water on my doorstep.  But if that happens, I probably have bigger problems anyway.

Somethin' just ain't right here, I know it...

[/OT rant]

-F-

Amen Brother.

We have been debating in my office how we can hold the "weather guessers" liable for their fraudulent predictions that cause our insurance rates to skyrocket. We may have a strong basis for a class action suit.

Interestingly enough, even though I live in St. Petersburg I am not in an evacuation zone. Pinellas county is a peninsula with a classic dune configuration formed by a slight ridge running through the middle that slopes down to the shore on either side. I live on the ridge so when the big flood comes I will find myself living on an isolated little island.

p.s. sorry for the hijack

< Message edited by HansBolter -- 5/30/2008 9:40:33 PM >

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 10
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 9:52:20 PM   
bradfordkay

Sorry to follow the hijack, but perhaps it's not the weather "experts" who should be sued but rather the insurance ocmpanies who are jacking up the rates. After all, the weather experts aren't the ones taking your money on false pretences...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 11
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 10:31:38 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Sorry to follow the hijack, but perhaps it's not the weather "experts" who should be sued but rather the insurance ocmpanies who are jacking up the rates. After all, the weather experts aren't the ones taking your money on false pretences...

I certainly don't disagree with that but being big boys who are well aware the insurance parasites will use their predictions to serve their evil end of preying upon people's fear of the unknown should know better than to make predictions that play into their hands.

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 12
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/30/2008 11:53:37 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: qwetry

20 april 1942,i'm ally,my opponent has just started the conquest of burma,but now it's too late,rangoon is lvl 10 fortified

i have almost 200 fighters near rangoon,about 3/4 are hurricanes

hurris are working well,raf owns the rangoon's sky
but they are under high pressure,there aren't enough repleacements in the pool,hurricane production is too low

my planes will finish...

will hurricane build rate increases?

You need to engage your opponent on other fronts and draw down his fighters in the area. 200 fighters should be plenty to defend Burma.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to quertice)
Post #: 13
RE: hurricane build rate - 5/31/2008 1:04:37 AM   
Yamato hugger

Thats one nice thing about the upper midwest. We might have some nasty winters now and then (actually pretty rare truth be told) but at least our storms dont have names

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> hurricane build rate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI