Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 3/26/2011 9:58:14 PM   
skellien

1. Any previous experience testing software.

Eight years QA software testing including five years security testing network and file format protocols. Has anyone looked over the PBEM/network protocols for security bugs yet?

2. Your experience of cardboard and paper World in Flames (we strive for equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)

Average - Currently playing WiF on a regular basis

3. Your experience with CWIF (Australian Design Group's version of computerized World in Flames).

Over 10 years regular playing of CWIF (still playing :)

4. Your PC specification. (just the basics):
a. CPU speed 2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo
b. RAM 8 Gb
c. Operating system Linux and XP Pro dual boot and VirtualBox running XP Pro.
d. Screen resolution for your monitor(s): 1440 x 900.

5. Whether you have: (a) access to multiple computers for testing play over the Internet and/or (b) multiple email accounts for testing PBEM.

I have several high-spec laptops and many email accounts for the task.

(in reply to slinkytwf)
Post #: 151
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 3/30/2011 12:13:22 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

This round of requests for Beta Testers is now closed - as of March 29, 2011.

Later today I will inform those volunteers whom I have accepted as beta testers.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to skellien)
Post #: 152
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 3/30/2011 7:34:29 PM   
collegeprof

Thank you Shannon for all the work you do... :)

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 153
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 3/30/2011 7:53:54 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

All 4 of the volunteers whom we asked to be beta testers, have accepted:
Braedonnal, LordZyplon, Cad908, and CollegeProf.

I thank the rest of you who offerred to help.

[I can only handle so many many beta testers at one time - some days they are like snarling lions and I have to use a whip and chair.]

Steve

(in reply to collegeprof)
Post #: 154
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 4/9/2011 2:52:34 PM   
Red Prince

I realize I missed finding this site by a week, but I'm going to post anyway, hoping for a chance at the next (if) round or an exception to add me. I sent an email to possibly the wrong person before I found this thread. My answers:

1. No previous testing experience, unless you count years of building my own user mods of numerous games.

2. I own WiF Deluxe and a the Politics in Flames Annual. Never found a group to play with in over a decade.

3. Downloaded the free version (beta, I think) but found it difficult to use without table experience.

4. Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400 @2.16GHz (2 CPUs)
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
2042MB RAM
1280x800 display

5. No other useful computers in the house, but could arrange to use one of similar specs for 8-10 hours a week with no trouble at all. Likewise for email accounts. Also can probably borrow a netbook at the same time.

(6) I have practically unlimited time resources to devote to the project. In addition to the 8-10 hours I could find for 2+ computers, I can (and would be happy to) devote anywhere from 40-80 hours a week to playtesting and attempting to find/replicate troublesome situations. Additionally, I have professional experience as a proofreader for published materials that find come in handy even if you don't need my services as a tester.

Post #: 155
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 12/15/2011 2:54:56 PM   
DimiDesk

Hi Shannon...

I'm interresting to become a beta-tester for this crazy game !!

1. Any previous experience in testing software.
I'm working in IT developpment. I now very well Delphi XE. Sometimes, I writes some testing scenarios for my job... But, not in the case of a game, well for business programs....

2. Your experience of cardboard and paper World in Flames (we strive for equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)
a. Newbie - Never played WiF but it looks great
b. Recruit - Playing WiF occasionally (or played a lot a long time ago) - this is best describing me... have played many many board games just not any WiF in a long time...
c. Average - Currently playing WiF on a regular basis
d. Grognard - Rules guru

The difficulties is to found players and some place to play... So, I have already play the Barbarossa and Guadalcanal scenarios last year with a friend...
About the rules, I think that I know them very well because the reading of the rules is so simple : no need of player and place...

3. Your experience with CWIF (Australian Design Group's ealrier version of a computerized World in Flames).
a. None
b. Some - I think I still have this somewhere... you mean the Alpha right?
c. A lot

I bought CWif. This is very good to understand the game... I play the Barbarossa, Guadalcanal and Global 39 scenario in hotseat... Always alone, never with a real opponent...

a. CPU speed - Core 2 duo 2,6 GHz
b. RAM - 4 GB
c. Operating system - Windows seven family edition
d. Screen resolution for your monitor(s) - 1680x1050

Cheers,

Dimi.

(in reply to Morval_slith)
Post #: 156
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 12/25/2011 12:13:02 AM   
RJL5188

i would love to beta test this game.

Previous experience: Have beta tested StarCraft 2 as well as numerous other computer games.

I have the board game of WIF and CWIF

CPU Speed: ATI dual core processor 2.75 GHZ. 7GB RAM. Windows 7. 1920x1080 screen resolution.

Now i understand its good to look for beta testers that have experience. But, IMO u also need beta testers who will make up 99.9 percent of something that is the MOST importaint thing to your company. The PLAYER! Which is what i am. I will see things that the basic programmer will not. The actual FUN and ENJOYMENT of the game. That is what I will give u in full reports.

Robert L.

PS. Happy Holidays!

"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)

(in reply to DimiDesk)
Post #: 157
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 12/25/2011 12:40:41 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimi

Hi Shannon...

I'm interresting to become a beta-tester for this crazy game !!

I'm working in IT developpment. I now very well Delphi XE. Sometimes, I writes some testing scenarios for my job... But, not in the case of a game, well for business programs....

b. Recruit - Playing WiF occasionally (or played a lot a long time ago) - this is best describing me... have played many many board games just not any WiF in a long time...
d. Grognard - Rules guru

The difficulties is to found players and some place to play... So, I have already play the Barbarossa and Guadalcanal scenarios last year with a friend...
About the rules, I think that I know them very well because the reading of the rules is so simple : no need of player and place...

3. Your experience with CWIF (Australian Design Group's ealrier version of a computerized World in Flames).
a. None
b. Some - I think I still have this somewhere... you mean the Alpha right?
c. A lot

I bought CWif. This is very good to understand the game... I play the Barbarossa, Guadalcanal and Global 39 scenario in hotseat... Always alone, never with a real opponent...

a. CPU speed - Core 2 duo 2,6 GHz
b. RAM - 4 GB
c. Operating system - Windows seven family edition
d. Screen resolution for your monitor(s) - 1680x1050

Cheers,

Dimi.

Dimi & Rjl518,

We might be adding more beta testers in February. If we decide to do so, I'll post a request to this thread and give those who are interested ~10 days to respond.

I do not keep a list of people who are interested in beta testing because I have found that their interest often wanes between when they express an interest and when I request more beta testers. Instead, I simply post a request and see who responds at that time.

By checking into the forum once a week, you can be assured that you will not miss my post requesting new beta testers.

Steve

(in reply to DimiDesk)
Post #: 158
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 12/30/2011 9:08:42 PM   
RJL5188

i will be loking forward to it...Sir!

"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)

Post #: 159
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/20/2012 9:54:37 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

[Acknowledgment: I copied most of this from the first post in this thread.]

We are looking to add a dozen beta testers starting in March. The current set of beta testers are keeping me busy, but I would like to get a few sets of fresh eyes looking at how the program executes. We also will need more people for testing NetPlay (i.e., playing over the internet).

If you are interested, then you should read the rest of this post and, if you are then still interested, simply post your reply within this thread.

I will leave this solicitation open for 8 days (through to February 28th, 2012) and then evaluate everyone that has posted a reply.
-----------------
Before you reply to this post please consider the following:

Software testing is quite different from ‘playing’ the game. The focus of testing is not in playing the game per se, but in working as a team to help produce a great product.

Software testing takes time. Six or more hours every week (preferably across 2 or more sessions) is a reasonable estimate of the time required for a tester to stay in the loop on what’s happening and to give the software a good workout. If you are hoping to squeeze in just an hour of testing each week on a Sunday night somewhere between dinner time and watching TV, it just won't work. There won't be enough time to pick up the concepts of the game, download the latest patches, read & contribute to the private MWIF Development Forum and play through the game looking for bugs. Spending more time testing is obviously better, but only if you can keep good records of what you have tested and send me complete reports on any problems you have found. Telling me "it doesn't work" is a useless bug report.

Software testing takes patience. Testers are expected to respond to reasonable requests from the developer (that's me) to provide information about any problems they find. Sometimes that means running through the same boring ten minute long sequence of events half a dozen times and documenting the results so that you can help me reproduce the problem on my own computer. If I can't reproduce it, I can't fix it.

If you have the time and energy to help, then please reply to this post, providing the following information:

a. Newbie - Never played WiF (but it looks great)
b. Recruit - Playing WiF occasionally (or played a lot a long time ago)
d. Grognard - Rules guru

3. Your experience with CWIF (Australian Design Group's version of computerized World in Flames).
a. None
b. Some
c. A lot

a. CPU speed
b. RAM
c. Operating system
d. Screen resolution for your monitor(s)

5. Whether you have: (a) access to multiple computers for testing play over the Internet and/or (b) multiple email accounts for testing PBEM.

If you are not sure how to find the specifications of your computer, then please ask.
-----------------
Thanks!

Steve

(in reply to RJL5188)
Post #: 160
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/21/2012 8:18:18 PM   
Centuur

Have I got time and energy: yes, I have, starting in march, I should be able to find 6 hours a week for this.

Here are the answers on your questions:

1. Yes, however, that was a ERP program which the company I worked for was developing together with colleagues in the middle eighties of the last century, and that's all folks. So that's a long, long time ago... I was than even capable of doing some small programming in Cobol...

2. I'm a recruit. Haven't played for about 8 years now...

3. None

4. I've got a HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC which I use at home:
Intel Pentium CPU P6100 2.00 Ghz.
RAM 4 GB, about 3,8 GB available.
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium
Screen resolution: 1600 x 900

5.a: depends on the time needed on those computers, since I'm than on the mercy of the wife (who is running a small business from home) and kid (always on the PC gaming, gaming, gaming...). If they are mercifull, I've got another PC, a tablet and another (older) Lap Top available, all connected on the home router. Hmmm, let's start a domestic war...
5.b: I've only got one e-mail account at the moment. However: the internetcontract we are running here, allows us to have 10 free accounts (and we've only got 5 at the moment). So I can apply for an extra one, if needed.

< Message edited by Centuur -- 2/21/2012 8:21:19 PM >

Peter

Post #: 161
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/22/2012 4:31:30 AM   
bo

Have the time to help but there is so many people here that know the game inside and out

Would like to help Steve but no experience
1- none

2-newbie

3- a lot

4- cpu dual intel 2.8
ram 3500
windows xp
1024 x 768 to 1920 x 1080 dell 23" wide screen
video card Nvidia Ge 7800 gtx 250 ram

5- no

Bo

(in reply to skellien)
Post #: 162
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/22/2012 10:21:21 AM   
Rijssiej

I would like to help and have the time and energy to do so.

1. Professionally I have a lot of experience in software testing both as Tester and as Test Manager (TMap Next certified).

2. b: I have played quite a bit, but not for about 10 years.

3. a: None.

4. I have a Asus K73SV-TY080V that I use at home.
a. 2,3 GHz
b. 4 GB
c. Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
d. 1600x900

a. I have an old laptop and an old PC...They do need some dusting of though.
b. I have multiple email accounts.

< Message edited by Rijssiej -- 2/22/2012 10:26:23 AM >

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 163
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/22/2012 9:52:35 PM   
trooper76

In like Flynn.

1. Closed Beta tested world war 2 online for 3 years.
2. Average - I'm playing 3-4 games via PBEM using Cyberboard and have been for the last 2 years.
3. none.
4. Desktop: Intel Quad Q8400 2.66GHZ CPU
6 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 Home
19 inch monitor current at 1024 x 768 (up to 1920x1080)
GTX 460 Geforce Vid Card

5. Access to another desktop (XP) and laptop (Vista) for testing. Multiple email accounts also available.

(in reply to Rijssiej)
Post #: 164
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/23/2012 12:52:15 PM   
niclasil

1. Very little. I did some testing of Paradox attempt to create a WW2 cardgame, but lack of feedback on my reports made me give it up.

2. We bought the game maybe 10 years ago, and played through Barbarossa once. Never got enough time to set up the game again. I'm a semi-noob I guess.

3. None.

4. Intel Core i7 920
6 GB RAM
22" monitor, 1920 x 1080
2 x GeForce GTX 275 SLI
64bit Vista

I might have access to two computers at home, depends on how much my better half is working. However, I should be able to put quite a good amount of hours into testing the game, as I do very little except fool around on the internet, play Hearts of Iron 3 / Civilization V and watch movies while I'm at work. Don't ask what I do... I got a computer at work with about the same specs as my home PC, except it got Win 7 32bit. Which also means that I can test both on a 32bit and 64bit OS. If netplay supports play without both PCs online at the same time, I can easily test the game myself at home vs myself at work...

(in reply to trooper76)
Post #: 165
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/23/2012 8:47:43 PM   
stianf

I would like to help out!

I have worked as a software developer for 10+ years, so I am experienced. I have also been part of beta testing a few iPad games.

b) Recruit. Played the boardgames a few times. Only once with all the map.

c) A lot. Played it quite a few hours solo, and also two campaigns with a friend PBEM. Quite tedious to send save games manually back and forth

a) 3.3GHz (Intel quad core)
b) 8GB
c) Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
d) 2560 x 1440

a) Yes! At least 4 computers could be used for testing.
b) I use one account, but theres no problem creating a few more if need be

Stian

Post #: 166
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/24/2012 9:33:24 AM   
fthein

1. Europa Universalis 1 & 2, Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War, Pride of Nations

2. Newbie. Don´t be a boardgame player but would love to play such an game on the pc

3. None

4. Intel Core i5-2500 CPU 3,30 GHz
16 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 Bit
1920 x 1080

5. I can test it at home also on my MacBook Pro (Boot Camp with Windows 7 64Bit) and on my Asus EeeSlate Tablet (Intel Core i5 470UM, 1,3GHz, 4GB RAM, Win7 64Bit)

I have 2 email accounts

(in reply to stianf)
Post #: 167
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/25/2012 12:16:44 AM   
krupp_88mm

I've found bugs in games intentionally to "cheat" without altering the games code.

a. Newbie

a. None

a. 4.2 I7
b. 6 GB 1600mhz 8-7-8-21
c. Win 7 64bit
d. 6000 x 1200 (eyefinity)

5. Whether you have:
a.
I have two desktop computers both with more than 3 monitors and a laptop, the pc's all together on wireless high speed internet connection.
b. I have 11 gmail accounts and accounts for my own website.

Also you should pick me because i will not try to curry favors, i will be ruthless and harsh in my criticisms and give it to you straight like a 308, but follow orders like hex side borders also I will draw you a pony.

< Message edited by krupp_88mm -- 2/25/2012 12:30:56 AM >

Decisive Campaigns Case Pony

RRRH-Sr Mod Graphix ed V2: http://www.mediafire.com/?dt2wf7fc273zq5k

(in reply to fthein)
Post #: 168
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/25/2012 1:45:18 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: krupp_88mm

I've found bugs in games intentionally to "cheat" without altering the games code.

a. Newbie

a. None

a. 4.2 I7
b. 6 GB 1600mhz 8-7-8-21
c. Win 7 64bit
d. 6000 x 1200 (eyefinity)

5. Whether you have:
a.
I have two desktop computers both with more than 3 monitors and a laptop, the pc's all together on wireless high speed internet connection.
b. I have 11 gmail accounts and accounts for my own website.

Also you should pick me because i will not try to curry favors, i will be ruthless and harsh in my criticisms and give it to you straight like a 308, but follow orders like hex side borders also I will draw you a pony.

Steve this guy is perfect for beta testing, you have to be a little strange and part whacko to complete this project

Bo

(in reply to krupp_88mm)
Post #: 169
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/25/2012 4:29:15 AM   
oleb

1. I was a beta tester on Hearts of Iron, and have been involved in software testing professionally for 5 years.
2. c. Playing WiF/DoDIII semi-weekly.
3. a. None.
4. a. AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40 GHz, b. 4 GB RAM, c. Windows 7 Home Premium, d. 1920x1080 (x3).
5. a. Access to multiple computers (laptop and HTPC), b. Access to multiple email accounts.

Ktarn

Post #: 170
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/25/2012 8:15:42 PM   
Patton_71

I would like to submit my candidacy, as I now have plenty of time on my hands due to workplace injury

1) None
2)Average, currently playing head to head on Vassal, and 2 solo games as well.
3-None
4)AMD 2.8ghz, 6 gig RAM, Win 7, 1920x1280
5) 3 email accounts active, possibility of having Dell laptop repaired and updated.

< Message edited by Patton_71 -- 2/25/2012 8:16:38 PM >

(in reply to oleb)
Post #: 171
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/27/2012 4:07:33 PM   
bean5671

1. Any previous experience testing software. yes I have worked in the Autodesk channel for 20 years, some testing mostly for GIS tools

a. None

Intel Core I7 3.33
12 gb ram 1600 ddr3
dual ATI 6770 1gb cards
80 gb ssd drive
dual 1.5 tb 10000 rpm seagates in raid 1
dual display with 27 in samsung and 42in vizio

yes I have 3 other pcs (I3 and 2 I5's ) and a number of emails

(in reply to Patton_71)
Post #: 172
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/28/2012 2:35:42 AM   
princess psiko

I am a developer and test manager.

c. A lot

a. CPU speed: all Core 2 duo or greater, 3.0ghz +
b. RAM: 8-32gb
c. Operating system: Windows 7 (64 bit), Server 2k8r2 (64bit), Windows 8 (64bit)
d. Screen resolution for your monitor(s): 3 - Primary (1920x1080), Secondaries (1920x1200)

a) Yes, 3 main machines + capacity to spin up VMs at will
b) Yes

(in reply to bean5671)
Post #: 173
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/29/2012 8:10:49 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

This round of requests for Beta Testers is now closed - as of February 29, 2012.

I have sent personal messages (PMs) to those who volunteered.

I thank you for your support.

Steve

(in reply to princess psiko)
Post #: 174
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 3/12/2012 5:32:31 PM   
MntDew

Currently Alpha tester for 2 games and beta tester for 1. Previously Beta tester on 4 blizzard games

2. Your experience of cardboard World in Flames (remember we need equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)
C. We play a weekly game for 8 hours a week.

3. Your experience with CWIF (Australian Design Group's ealrier version of a computerized World in Flames.
None

a. CPU speed - AMD 1090T. clocked to 4.7
b. RAM - 16Gb 2000 DDR3
c. Operating system - Windows 7 64, XP sp3
d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor - 1920 x 1080 Dual monitor

Post #: 175
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 3/12/2012 6:33:01 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: MntDew

Currently Alpha tester for 2 games and beta tester for 1. Previously Beta tester on 4 blizzard games

2. Your experience of cardboard World in Flames (remember we need equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)

3. Your experience with CWIF (Australian Design Group's ealrier version of a computerized World in Flames.
None

a. CPU speed - AMD 1090T. clocked to 4.7
b. RAM - 16Gb 2000 DDR3
c. Operating system - Windows 7 64, XP sp3
d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor - 1920 x 1080 Dual monitor

Welcome to the forum. As post #174 noted, this round of accepting new beta testers is closed. Sorry.

Steve

(in reply to MntDew)
Post #: 176
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 4/4/2012 3:42:58 AM   
mijolnoir

nope

played it over once wasnt impressed

a. CPU speed - AMD clock 4.7
b. RAM - 8Gb 2000 DDR3
c. Operating system - Windows 7 ultimate
d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor - 1900 x 1200 Dual monitor

Post #: 177
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 5/15/2012 7:08:25 AM   
Rogue Wulff

Sea Dogs for Bethseda

Multiple titles for Microsoft including but not limited to, Asheron's Call, Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology, Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, Mech Warrior IV, Motorcross Madness II, and Crimson Skies. At one time I was in the "Microsoft Games Studios Core Group". This was a group of testers (About 400 when I was invited to join) who saw the games in late Alpha or later stages. I was a member of the group for about 5 or 6 years. I only left because my new job did not allow me to have regular Internet access. I now use a cellular modem while out on the road.

d. Grognard - Rules guru

a. None
b. Some
c. A lot

3 units

a. CPU speed
3.2 Ghz Quad-core
b. RAM
16 GB DDR3
c. Operating system
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium and Windows XP SP3 Dual-boot
d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor
1920 x 1080

a. CPU speed
3.2 GHz Quad-core
b. RAM
8GB DDR2
c. Operating system
Windows 7 x64 HP /Windows XP dual-boot
1680 x 1050

(Laptop HP G61-336NR)
a. CPU speed
2.0GHz dual-core
b. RAM
4GB DDR2
c. Operating system
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (Will be adding Win7 32bit as dual boot within a week or two. As I need that for a few of my older DOS-based games.)
1366 x 768

Additionally I may be replacing the laptop with a newer unit within 2-3 months.

Both Desktop units have a 2GB Radeon 6570 videocard. I also have a Windows Homeserver 2011 machine set up on my network all the machines can acess.

Post #: 178
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 5/28/2012 2:20:44 AM   
RJL5188

i still want to beta test this game my friend...please give me a shot to help you make this the BEST WWII grand strategy game EVER made

(in reply to Rogue Wulff)
Post #: 179
RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers - 2/26/2013 8:29:20 PM   
Red Prince

[Acknowledgment: I copied most of this from the first post in this thread.]
[Posted at Steve's request, by Aaron]

We are looking to add a few more beta testers for testing NetPlay (i.e., playing over the internet), starting in March. The current set of beta testers are keeping me busy, but I would like to get a few sets of fresh eyes looking at how the program executes.

If you are interested, then you should read the rest of this post and, if you are then still interested, simply post your reply within this thread.

I will leave this solicitation open for 9 days (through to March 6th, 2013) and then evaluate everyone that has posted a reply.
-----------------
Before you reply to this post please consider the following:

Software testing is quite different from ‘playing’ the game. The focus of testing is not in playing the game per se, but in working as a team to help produce a great product.

Software testing takes time. Six or more hours every week (preferably across 2 or more sessions) is a reasonable estimate of the time required for a tester to stay in the loop on what’s happening and to give the software a good workout. If you are hoping to squeeze in just an hour of testing each week on a Sunday night somewhere between dinner time and watching TV, it just won't work. There won't be enough time to pick up the concepts of the game, download the latest patches, read & contribute to the private MWIF Development Forum and play through the game looking for bugs. Spending more time testing is obviously better, but only if you can keep good records of what you have tested and send me complete reports on any problems you have found. Telling me "it doesn't work" is a useless bug report.

Software testing takes patience. Testers are expected to respond to reasonable requests from the developer (that's me) to provide information about any problems they find. Sometimes that means running through the same boring ten minute long sequence of events half a dozen times and documenting the results so that you can help me reproduce the problem on my own computer. If I can't reproduce it, I can't fix it.

If you have the time and energy to help, then please reply to this post, providing the following information:

d. Grognard - Rules guru

a. None
b. Some
c. A lot

a. CPU speed
b. RAM
c. Operating system
d. Screen resolution for your monitor(s)

If you are not sure how to find the specifications of your computer, then please ask.
-----------------
Thanks!

Steve
(by proxy )

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it!
-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to RJL5188)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Request for Additional Beta Testers Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI