Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need help with Original SP2 patch???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Need help with Original SP2 patch??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need help with Original SP2 patch??? - 8/2/2001 12:01:00 AM   
Miles

Okay, I have SPWAW 5 and I have not loaded it yet because my silly little 2 speed cd rom won't read the 4-10 speed cd that spwaw is written on. I am working on getting one....trust me. So just for old times sake could anybody explain to me why the sp2v1.1 patch that I down loaded off of the Wargamer site seems to corrupt my game files? I have two problems, 1st the hex grid is on and will not turn off and second the music cannot be turned off. Any ideas, the grid I can deal with but the music is to much. One final question what system requirements are there for me to play SPWAW on my PC? Thanks

Post #: 1
- 8/2/2001 5:33:00 AM   
chief

Salty, I hope you don't mind my using your first name :)...Are you mixing apples and oranges...SPWAW and SP2 are two different games...If you want the SPWAW downloads, let me know I'll get you there. HTH :confused:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Miles)
Post #: 2
- 8/3/2001 12:09:00 AM   
chief

Salty, I owe you an apology, I misread your post, I now see the errors of my ways...Chief :rolleyes:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Miles)
Post #: 3
- 8/3/2001 2:51:00 AM   
O de B

Maybe it's the wrong forum but anyway... -Whenever you install a SP1/2/3/ww2/waw patch always delete the steel.prf in your save folder -Probably the save games are not compatbile between 1.0/1.01 and 1.1... This frequently happen for SP patches

(in reply to Miles)
Post #: 4
- 8/3/2001 1:56:00 PM   
Hammer2000

Hi, I had EXACTLY the same errors, I remember. I found only one way to solve this : Delete the entire game, install new and reinstall the patch. Do this all the time under DOS, dont use Windows at all. After Install and patching, you can run the game under Windows, if you like. This worked fine to me. Hope it helps. :)

(in reply to Miles)
Post #: 5
- 8/3/2001 11:19:00 PM   
Miles

O de B, You were right I appreciate the reply. Chief no offense taken, misstakes happen. So what about the second part of my request, I have a 686 mother board, 166mhz processor, 32 meg of ram and a trident video card. Will that run SPWAW v5?

(in reply to Miles)
Post #: 6
- 8/4/2001 11:44:00 AM   
chief

Salty, this one I can reply to...I ran VER 5.0 with a pentium 2 machine and 24 Mbs RAM and I had absolutely no trouble running game, also have a 2GB HD and ~750Mbs available (usually). Recently upgraded to 48 Mbs RAM and notice some improvement in speed, otherwise it keeps on chugging the game, unless I have to reformat the beast due to my error, crashes don't occur during game though, only when I experiment... :) :) ;)

(in reply to Miles)
Post #: 7
- 8/4/2001 10:58:00 PM   
Supervisor

Salty: You shouldn't have problems running SPWAW on you machine, I still run SPWAW 6.1 on one of my older Pent 120's that my kids use. Yours might be a little slow as I think the game is optimized for 64mb of RAM, but it shouldn't effect you much as long as you disable as much of your background running programs as possible allowing SPWAW to have as much memory as you can stand. It is a little bit of a memory hog.

(in reply to Miles)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Need help with Original SP2 patch??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI