Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Production stats

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Production stats Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Production stats - 6/29/2008 6:13:40 PM   
GreasyLake

Searched the manual but did not find a definite answer for what the numbers in parenthesis represent on production screen.

For example; Supply: 2452262
Fuel: 3448314
Manpower: 814 (319246)
Heavy Industry: 13450 (207642)
Resources:16649 (1287727)
Oil: 2082 (1316530)
Naval Shipyard: 950 (52060)

These are the actual figures from my latest turn. I do remember the numbers changing when I captured an oil or resource center. So are the numbers to the right assets I own that are not in the home islands yet? Would not make sense for manpower but maybe for oil/resource.

Any information would help and thank you in advance for your answers.

Per U.S. Grant; Logistics, Logistics, Logistics.
Post #: 1
RE: Production stats - 6/30/2008 1:29:58 AM   
wbm4x

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreasyLake

Searched the manual but did not find a definite answer for what the numbers in parenthesis represent on production screen.

These are the actual figures from my latest turn. I do remember the numbers changing when I captured an oil or resource center. So are the numbers to the right assets I own that are not in the home islands yet? Would not make sense for manpower but maybe for oil/resource.

For Supply and Fuel, this is the amount you have stockpiled in your bases. Does not include any amounts aboard ships or with your LCUs.

For Manpower, HI, and Naval and Merchant Shipyard, the number in parentheses is your stockpile and the number before is how much you produce a turn.

For Resources and Oil, the number in parentheses is amount stockpiled in your bases, but does not include any aboard ships. The number before is your production per turn. I believe the number produced for oil is the number of oil centers--actual oil production would be 6x that number.

< Message edited by wbm4x -- 6/30/2008 1:32:29 AM >

(in reply to GreasyLake)
Post #: 2
RE: Production stats - 6/30/2008 8:58:12 AM   
Bogo Mil

quote:

ORIGINAL: wbm4x
For Manpower, HI, and Naval and Merchant Shipyard, the number in parentheses is your stockpile and the number before is how much you produce a turn.

For Resources and Oil, the number in parentheses is amount stockpiled in your bases, but does not include any aboard ships. The number before is your production per turn. I believe the number produced for oil is the number of oil centers--actual oil production would be 6x that number.

It is always the number of production centers. A manpower center also produces more than 1 point (5 or 10, I can't recall exatly at the moment). A resource center produces 1.25 resources per turn.

If some industry is halted or out of raw materials (oil, resource, HI points), it produces nothing, but is still in these numbers.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)

(in reply to wbm4x)
Post #: 3
RE: Production stats - 6/30/2008 5:17:17 PM   
Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreasyLake

Previous answers correct. A couple extra comments, not sure if you are looking for advice:

1. That is quite a stockpile of NAVAL construction. You should feel free to accelerate some ships. You really don't need a long-term stockpile in this category, as Japan you pretty much need to get major builds in the water by mid-'43 or they just become targets. There is no reason to stockpile NAVAL construction. You don't have that many Shipyards going either, did you turn off construction on alot of ships? What is your game date?
In general, I would probably turn off Shinano only, and accelerate all CV builds through at least Amagi/Unryu, leaving all other ships at Normal. If you accelerate all CVs, you probably need more Naval Shipyards.

2. Your HEAVY INDUSTRY is very healthy. You do need a long-term stockpile, but if you need to, you should feel free to expand Engine and A/C production with that kind of number.

It looks like you are doing a pretty good job shipping Oil/Resources where needed, your HI looks like it is pumping full steam, and you don't have massive stockpiles of Oil or Resources that might indicate leaving it in the SRA. But that is at just a cursory glance.

(in reply to GreasyLake)
Post #: 4
RE: Production stats - 7/1/2008 2:37:00 AM   
GreasyLake

Thank you for all your answers. It is about Jun 15 42 when I took these numbers Q-Ball. I have all CV acceled but might have expanded Naval too much or switched too many merchant to naval. I did halt some AK AP cause seemed like I had a lot.

Think I will try accelerating a lot more of everything and see what happens.
Think A/C production has some room to grow still also.

Been shipping as much oil and resource as I can before Vettim gets his functioning torpedoes. Party will end sometime.

Really read a lot of forum post and some AAR, made tweaks accordingly to get here. You can't go wrong listening to experience!!! Happy gaming all!

Per U.S. Grant; Logistics, Logistics, Logistics.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 5
RE: Production stats - 7/1/2008 2:49:06 AM   
Mynok

You're in good shape. Remember that AK/AP take merchant points not naval points. You are swamped with naval points. Definitely too much expansion there.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to GreasyLake)
Post #: 6
RE: Production stats - 7/2/2008 10:19:38 PM   
GreasyLake

Just noticed my stockpile of naval points is zero.
Merchant was 950 (52060) Naval was 1228 (7) Copied the figures wrong.
Guess it is time to ease off the acceleration scheme for CV BB CL whatnot. Converted some merchant to naval again.

Plenty of points for armament and vehicles still so that is good.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 7
RE: Production stats - 7/4/2008 3:11:49 PM   
n01487477

There are utilities available that can help you with these calculations ...

WitpTracker or WitpDecoder are both good in different ways.

(in reply to GreasyLake)
Post #: 8
RE: Production stats - 7/8/2008 12:47:26 PM   
montesaurus

I just noticed your thread discussion about production. I'm relatively new at playing the campaign game for Japan and have noticed that when I place my ships in accelerated production they never seem to advance. For example, I put one of my BB's into accerated production, and it's been at "149 days" since then. Any suggestions as to what I'm missing here?
Thanks.
Monte

montesaurus
French Player in Going Again II 1792

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 9
RE: Production stats - 7/8/2008 12:57:00 PM   
n01487477

If you use WitpTracker, the shipProduction display will tell you why ...
If you are not using Tracker, then I suggest you have a look at your Naval Ship Build points...

If other Naval ships are sucking up the points due to acceleration or just because there are too many building then a ship will not build.

This is a new screen from the new version, which will be released shortly ... but it will tell you where the points etc are being used.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 7/8/2008 12:58:34 PM >

(in reply to montesaurus)
Post #: 10
RE: Production stats - 7/8/2008 5:13:48 PM   
wbm4x

quote:

ORIGINAL: montesaurus

I just noticed your thread discussion about production. I'm relatively new at playing the campaign game for Japan and have noticed that when I place my ships in accelerated production they never seem to advance. For example, I put one of my BB's into accerated production, and it's been at "149 days" since then. Any suggestions as to what I'm missing here?
Thanks.
Monte

Ship building points are assigned to your ships under construction based upon their durability. Smallest ships with lowest durability get first crack at the points. Your largest ships (BBs, CVs) may not get built if you don't have enough ship-building points left to exceed their durability. If they aren't building normally, acceleration is pointless. To get these larger ships to advance, you need to either expand your naval shipyards or halt some of your smaller ships. Subs, especially your RO boats, are good candidates for the latter course.

Post #: 11
RE: Production stats - 7/8/2008 9:36:38 PM   
montesaurus

Thanks for the info. I'll look at halting production of more of my small ships, and see about expanding the ship yards. When will that WITP tracker tool come available?
Monte

montesaurus
French Player in Going Again II 1792

(in reply to wbm4x)
Post #: 12
RE: Production stats - 7/9/2008 12:21:44 AM   
n01487477

Actually it is available now,
I meant that a new version is to be released shortly ...
http://witptracker.googlepages.com/
or visit the forum area under my signature

and wbm4x is not really correct in his assumptions (sorry) ... but you can read about this in the tracker forum thread for more details...or john's AAR starting here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1813788
which continues on the talk about many aspects of the Japanese economy

Post #: 13
RE: Production stats - 7/9/2008 2:54:12 AM   
Mynok

Seems to have confused repairs with production.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Production stats Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI