Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Emancipation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Emancipation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Emancipation - 6/29/2008 9:54:27 PM   
terje439

So, if The North decides to free the slaves, The South might get new brigades in every producing territory it holds. All fine with me, however in my last game the AI decided to do just that, and freed the slaves. Only problem was that at the time alot of Union territory was indeed a member state of the CSA, making the AIs bonus alot smaller than the one I recieved.

That made me think;
a) Should captured Yank-states give free brigades to the South after the slaves are freed?
b) Should captured states be able to produce units at all?

Just wondering that's all
Terje
Post #: 1
RE: Emancipation - 6/30/2008 12:53:24 AM   
Gil R.

So you're saying that non-slave Union states in Confederate hands, rather than border states that actually had slaves (Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Delaware), produced those brigades for the CSA? If that's what happened, then you're right, that shouldn't be. No one has pointed this out before.

Please confirm before I suggest to Eric that he add this to his to-do list.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 2
RE: Emancipation - 6/30/2008 9:12:57 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

So you're saying that non-slave Union states in Confederate hands, rather than border states that actually had slaves (Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Delaware), produced those brigades for the CSA? If that's what happened, then you're right, that shouldn't be. No one has pointed this out before.

Please confirm before I suggest to Eric that he add this to his to-do list.

Yup, Ohio raised some "freed slave"-brigades. I am guessing that the game simply tests if the slave free states produces volunteers no matter who owns them, so that the brigades I recieved were actually "we are going to free the slaves"-brigades, and not "dang they freed our slaves"-brigades.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Emancipation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI