Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A new kind of mega-campaign?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A new kind of mega-campaign? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A new kind of mega-campaign? - 4/2/2002 11:33:51 PM   
TheZel66

Hey folks:

I've loved playing the mega-campaigns, and I understand that matrix wont be making anymore mc's for spwaw. Given that, is there anyway you could extend SPWAW ever so slightly to allow us to create mega-campaigns. I'm not talking about the ones you guys make, but rather a more enhanced campaign mechanism.

Here are the specifics...

Imagine if you will, someone coming to my campaign website. they sign up to play. at that point they download the first scenerio, and any of the optional reference material. Maybe this reference material is on the site itself for browsing, or maybe you have to download, whatever.

Anyway the person downloads the first scenerio and plays it. when he's done, and the score is tabulated, that score is sent via the web, when that guy is online, back to my campaign website. Code on my site reads the score, and determines what scenerio the guy plays next. He downloads that scenerio, and so on....

This could get as simple as this, or more complicated, like figuring out the unit losses, and making changes in the next scenerios units, having pay-per-play, or subscription licence to play set up, customized OOBs, and so on...

The code on the campaign site is trivial. The tough part is getting the final battle score out from SPWAW to deliver to the web. Is there any way to read that now?? If not, you can always have the person just enter if they got a DV, MV, D, MD, DD, and then that takes them to the next scenerio, but i'd like to have that done automatically....

Several good points for this kind of campaign delivery mech:

1) This method may remove the need to deliver full cmapaigns on CD, and allow people to download at a scenerio at a time. smalll er footprint...

2) You wont have to make sure all the scnerios are done a working perfect to launch a new campaign. becauase you have all you content on your web server. update as you like..

3) would allow users to create their own campaigns, and have control over the troops as you do with the mc's....

Any problems here?? comments??? questions??

cheers,
Post #: 1
- 4/3/2002 1:57:18 AM   
TheZel66

bump

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A new kind of mega-campaign? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI