Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Additional Chinese cities option

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Additional Chinese cities option Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Additional Chinese cities option - 7/30/2008 6:32:14 AM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

First of all...I hope you...Mr. OKeets are a better programer than political scientist. I love WiF and hope this computer game comes to fruition...maybe you are doing your programing job very well and dont have time to spend on current events. To set the record straight on the 2000 election...it was Al Gore who tried to steal the election. The vote count was very close...Al Gore tried to cherry pick three heavily Democrat counties here in south Florida to see if he could mine for enough votes to over-turn the Florida election results, get the Florida electoral votes, and make himself president. Those counties (with elected Democrat Supervisor of Elections and their Democrat staff) went through election ballots that were the old computer punch card system type where the voter takes a punch card pen to punch out a perferated rectangular hole...the hole is marked by the voter selecting their choice by putting the pen in the hole besides their candidate. Some of these cards were punched too often, and many still had the perferated rectangle still hanging. it was a spectacle to see the staff and elected officials take the cards, look at each one and try to decide what the voters intent was. Months after this crazy spectacle newspapers (New York Times, St. Pete Times, and just about every liberal media) went through all the votes in these counties on their own time and dime and came to the conclusion that George W Bush won Florida. Period. And that is without looking for more votes in heavily Republican counties. Some leftists still cant get over it. I know Hawaii is a leftist state, but Mr. OKeets...I suggest you stop wasting your precious time on something you either no little about, or cant help yourself but to spew propaganda. Stick to what you know best, and lets get this product out for Christmas or whatever new date you have come up with. Get to work.

Not only are you rude but it's really hard to see what you are taking such great offence about in what Steve wrote. Maybe if you stick around you'll see what a great rapport he has with those of us who have actually helped with this project for years. Personally, I don't care if you do, as you come across as a massive XXXXXX [SJH Edit].

BTW, before commanding people to "Get to work", you might try working on your appalling spelling, punctuation and written expression. It's "programmer", "programming", "don't", "perforated", "can't" and "know".

Neilster

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 7/30/2008 7:07:09 AM >

(in reply to Jagdtiger14)
Post #: 61
RE: Additional Chinese cities option - 7/30/2008 2:38:23 PM   
Edfactor

I apologize for the pointless remark i made that started all this, i mearly thought it was a funny quipe to leave at the end of a post. I certainly did not intend for this to become an actual topic of discussion.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 62
RE: Additional Chinese cities option - 7/30/2008 3:05:57 PM   
composer99

Not your fault not everyone has a sense of humour, Edfactor.

~ Composer99

(in reply to Edfactor)
Post #: 63
RE: Additional Chinese cities option - 7/30/2008 5:10:03 PM   
ajds

I am throwing all four of my votes behind option 4, chads and all.  I really can't wait to play on that huge single scale map - it looks fantastic.

I also support the electoral college system and supreme court... and I think Mr. OKeets is working very hard given what I see on this forum.

(in reply to BallyJ)
Post #: 64
RE: Additional Chinese cities option - 7/30/2008 5:26:01 PM   
Gendarme

Since I'm from Chicago, can I vote twice?  Vote early and vote often.

I'll vote for option 4.

And I also vote for printing the maps (Steve is going to get tired of me saying that, if he hasn't already ).  Trim off the northern hexes (Siberia north of the rail line, frex) and ocean hexes if it's too big to print.  Pleeeeeeeeeease!  These screen shots are a major tease.

Keep up the good work.  We are all in awe.  Thanks Steve and all who are contributing.

Anthony DeChristopher

(in reply to ajds)
Post #: 65
RE: Additional Chinese cities option - 7/30/2008 7:28:21 PM   
sajbalk

My votes are for option 4 (2 per city plus one per stack), also.

Steve Balk
Iowa, USA

(in reply to Gendarme)
Post #: 66
RE: Additional Chinese cities option - 7/30/2008 8:24:27 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: sajbalk

My votes are for option 4 (2 per city plus one per stack), also.

Ok. Enough voting.

#4 is the clear choice of the forum members (double the other 3 choices combined) and I have already written the code for it. Modifying the code in the future is trivial, so we'll see how the beta testers do with this last piece of the changes to China.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to sajbalk)
Post #: 67
RE: Additional Chinese cities option - 7/30/2008 8:32:28 PM   
YohanTM2

Excellent choice until playtesting and now please lock this before my Chad hangs any further

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 68
RE: Additional Chinese cities option - 7/30/2008 9:04:48 PM   
brian brian

What? No one wants to talk about black-box voting shenanigans in Ohio in 2004 instead?

I like the factory mod. This could be a bigger deal someday when Days of Decision is played on the MWiF map - Shanghai. That's as it should be though I think. The rule used to take effect whenever Japan rolled a '6' (on 1d6) against a Chinese city. I like the idea of tying it to Japanese losses against a city - more losses, more danger of a discipline breakdown. And also WiF always forgets about the affects on public opinion that were caused by strategic bombing. Japanese air-raids generated negative publicity just as Nanking did I think; but right now a Japanese air campaign is just good play and has no USE consequences. I've thought about experimenting with each '1' result on strat bombing being a possible '1' result on USE that the Chinese could cash in whenever they wanted, so if they get to 10 they could gain an automatic USE chit. Just throwing those out there if you need more ideas in the complicated future. Choice #4 looks good to me right now.

(in reply to YohanTM2)
Post #: 69
RE: Additional Chinese cities option - 7/30/2008 11:52:16 PM   
Jagdtiger14

Neilster...I have been lurking for a long while (much longer (years) than my join date) and very well know that Steve has done an awesome job on this project so far. I wish him and Matrix much success, and look forward to this finished product. However I have to say I was astonished and saddened by the leftist comment (if not leftist, then at least very ill-informed with the willingness to consume and accept a big lie and to spread it) Steve made. It enraged me and I probably respended in a less than appropriate way...so I appologize to anyone including Steve that may have been offended. And especially to you Neilster for my bad grammer and spelling!...cant seem to find the spell check on this damned thing... Lets agree to keep politics and political "quips" out of this forum.

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 70
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Additional Chinese cities option Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI