Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Full res screenshots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> RE: Full res screenshots Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Full res screenshots - 7/27/2008 3:28:34 AM   
Veldor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

The beginning of the invasion of Poland:

You guys should put a shot like this up on the games website page.

I had next to no interest in buying this title based upon the screenshots shown there.

Until I saw this screenshot. Somehow for me this game looks so much better with the hexlines and classic counters. Some sort of nostalgic sickness or whatever.

Normally Id probably prefer the more "modern" graphics but A. if the detail for those units is good its just not coming across that way in the screenshots B. its a bit too SC2 looking for me.. and C. Since the current map is a little vanilla looking it just seems to have a really nice clean look to me with the classic counter set.

Anyway at least I know if I dont end up caring for the original graphics set (and I very well may) I can definitely enjoy this classic style one.

Will probably buy soon..

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 31
RE: Full res screenshots - 7/27/2008 3:46:45 AM   
Duck Doc

Actually, as long as we are picking nits, wouldn't it be more correct to say that Battlecruisers sacrificed protection for speed?

At the scale of this game does it really matter?

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris0827

Scharnhorst and Gneisenau were closer to Battleships than Battlecrusiers. They could take more punishment than most battleships of that time but had weak armament. Battlecrusiers sacrificed protection for firepower. It was always planned for Scharnhost and Gneisenau to have their 11 inch guns replaced with 15 inch guns but it never happened.

< Message edited by Dale H -- 7/27/2008 3:48:04 AM >

(in reply to chris0827)
Post #: 32
RE: Full res screenshots - 7/27/2008 4:25:49 AM   
brianlala

quote:

You guys should put a shot like this up on the games website page.

I had next to no interest in buying this title based upon the screenshots shown there.

Until I saw this screenshot. Somehow for me this game looks so much better with the hexlines and classic counters. Some sort of nostalgic sickness or whatever.

Normally Id probably prefer the more "modern" graphics but A. if the detail for those units is good its just not coming across that way in the screenshots B. its a bit too SC2 looking for me.. and C. Since the current map is a little vanilla looking it just seems to have a really nice clean look to me with the classic counter set.

Anyway at least I know if I dont end up caring for the original graphics set (and I very well may) I can definitely enjoy this classic style one.

Will probably buy soon..

I completely concur. The screenshot of those counters make the game look 5 times better graphically. I never bought SC2 because its graphics were not my style. Now all we need are a couple of AARs to flesh out how much horsepower this game has.

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 33
RE: Full res screenshots - 7/27/2008 5:37:16 AM   
TOMLABEL

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Sure, here you go:

Thanks A LOT for ALL the screenshots Erik!!

TOMLABEL

< Message edited by TOMLABEL -- 7/27/2008 5:40:20 AM >

Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> RE: Full res screenshots Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI