Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Suggestions for 1.3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> RE: Suggestions for 1.3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Suggestions for 1.3 - 8/22/2008 8:04:20 PM   
doomtrader

I'll investigate

(in reply to winky51)
Post #: 31
RE: Suggestions for 1.3 - 8/22/2008 9:27:44 PM   
winky51

weird just saw another thing.  I could have sworn I bought 4 units and it only allowed 3 to be placed.  This happened twice in a row.  Units never came in.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 32
RE: Suggestions for 1.3 - 8/24/2008 2:48:49 AM   
BrewskiBill

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Winky, do you mean, that this dice roll box covers battlefield?

It has been already changed

Uh, not for me it hasn't. New user, fresh download installed and update applied. I think I'm going to like the game, but the most frustrating thing so far is not being able to SEE the individual units participating in combat (especially AI combat) because the combat results dice roll dialog covers them. IMHO, the location of this dialog needs to be user-selectable (upper-left corner, lower-left corner, center, ...) and accessable by the OPTIONS button mid-game. Let the game center the display on the battle, but put the results off to the side.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 33
RE: Suggestions for 1.3 - 8/24/2008 5:53:14 PM   
doomtrader

BrewskiBill, it has been already moved for next patch so you will be able to see the battle

(in reply to BrewskiBill)
Post #: 34
RE: Suggestions for 1.3 - 8/24/2008 9:56:39 PM   
cpdeyoung

I would like to see a couple of things.  I appreciate the need for operational fog of war, but in my first complete game I never (as Soviets) knew the allies were back on the continent.  Perhaps each turn could have a "newspaper" account of what the powers did that turn.  I think the generation of such an account could be a fun piece of code to write.

I am thinking of putting some utility programs together, and I might be able to take this on.  Do the Autosave files get written at the end of each power's turn?

If so I think I could eventually write something to parse them and generate such a report.  I am also thinking of a new unit naming aid.  That would be easier by far, and I will give it a try first.

I am having great fun with this game.

Chuck

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 35
RE: Suggestions for 1.3 - 8/31/2008 1:26:12 AM   
JMass

Maybe I found a bug, when I deploy a new ship in an empty port I cannot move it in the same turn but if the port contains some ships that have not moved I am able to move all the ships together or just the new ships.

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> RE: Suggestions for 1.3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI