Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reconacaince of Raidechow

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Reconacaince of Raidechow Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reconacaince of Raidechow - 4/8/2002 10:57:27 PM   
Gary Tatro

I know there has been many gripes about this senario in LV MC because of the T-34 issue. But to tell you the truth since I have heard about this issue I have been salavating over the opportunity to play this senario AS IS, unpatched. You see I love to play unbalanced senario's to see how well I do. I stongly feel that many battles during WW-2 were not evenly balanced and could not be won due to the opposing forces strength, position, experience or support. I feel that people who only play computer opponents do not realize that though the AI is good, it is severly flawed in its tactics. Because of this the computer needs much better odds than a human player to obtain victory in similar senarios.

Realism is something better left to those who do not fight there battles on the computer. A commader in a similar situation would retreat from a battlefield (call for 88 support) where he was so out-matched, but this makes any sort of victory that much more precious. I have played this senario in LV before the patch came out three times recieving 2 DV and 1 MV(my first try).

A tank battle where the opposing forces has superior tanks and more of them is a challenge I eagerly accept. Look forward to a future AAR from me describing my strugle with this worthy foe and all the sneaky, underhanded, and devious tactics I use to try and defeat them and acheive a DV.

I do not mean to insult anyone with this post I just want to see if other members of the SPWAW feel the same way.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"
Post #: 1
Re: Reconacaince of Raidechow - 4/9/2002 12:01:19 AM   
panda124c

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gary Tatro
[B]I know there has been many gripes about this senario in LV MC because of the T-34 issue. But to tell you the truth since I have heard about this issue I have been salavating over the opportunity to play this senario AS IS, unpatched. You see I love to play unbalanced senario's to see how well I do. I stongly feel that many battles during WW-2 were not evenly balanced and could not be won due to the opposing forces strength, position, experience or support. I feel that people who only play computer opponents do not realize that though the AI is good, it is severly flawed in its tactics. Because of this the computer needs much better odds than a human player to obtain victory in similar senarios.

Realism is something better left to those who do not fight there battles on the computer. A commader in a similar situation would retreat from a battlefield (call for 88 support) where he was so out-matched, but this makes any sort of victory that much more precious. I have played this senario in LV before the patch came out three times recieving 2 DV and 1 MV(my first try).

A tank battle where the opposing forces has superior tanks and more of them is a challenge I eagerly accept. Look forward to a future AAR from me describing my strugle with this worthy foe and all the sneaky, underhanded, and devious tactics I use to try and defeat them and acheive a DV.

I do not mean to insult anyone with this post I just want to see if other members of the SPWAW feel the same way. [/B][/QUOTE]

"I always wanted to fight a last desperate battle agains impossible odds." The Last Starfighter

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 2
- 4/9/2002 2:25:22 PM   
kurtbj

The Recon at Rad battle wasn't that bad, I played it without realising it had a problem and managed to deal with the tanks. You just have to be prepared to get in close with your tanks and get side/rear shots from one or two hexes. I also got two DVs and then two MVs but since those two battles I've gotten draws (taken too many casualties). One of the problems I have with the battles is that they start out fun but after having played for a couple of days I start to get a bit bored and think "I've won this battle now I wish the computer would give up so I can move to the next scenario". Then I get a bit careless and take a few too many casualties in order to finish the battle quickly. I guess I'm too impatient but its a problem I have with all huge battles, I generally prefer slightly smaller engagements.

'Great Sage Equal of Heaven'

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 3
- 4/9/2002 3:13:39 PM   
skukko

If we would have done whole camp as historical as it can, I think that it would had very little players. Anyway, we didn't count balance and option for a win as a primary goal. You'll loose if you dont take care of tactics. This becomes more important after you have gone deeper in campaign ;)

mosh

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 4
- 4/9/2002 3:48:33 PM   
Tuomas Seijavuori

I think I would have achieved a DV too, if only Windows hadn't closed down SPWAW on turn 15. It was tough but it was fun - as long as it lasted. I like hard battles like that myself.

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 5
- 4/9/2002 9:02:42 PM   
peter hellman

I like tough battles also. At reconnaissance at Radchiewo ( is there anyone that can spell that right:p ) I got a DV also, with ver 7.0. But I have played that scen only once.

About hard battles, I played a scen against Russians (-45) with 4000 pts against 12000 pts, and boy, they had really bought some tanks. First they showed up with small T70 and such, then some T34, and I was just getting warm, sitting there with my Kingtigers, Nashorns, Hetzers and Jagdpanthers feeling cozy. Then came the heavies rolling, a lot of them. Could not shoot them all. They smashed my core to pieces, and I had to call in some reinforcements. Could get two Kingtigers and two Tigers, and the Tigers were also destroyed. I still have a handful of tanks, but they have tens and tens. I probably stand no chance, but I will try my best these last 8 turns I have available.:p

So these odds 4/12 seems to be too much this time, but this is what I like:D And I don't wear a sign on my back saying "kick me";)

"If you want to live in peace, you have to prepare for war" - Adolf Ehrnrooth

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 6
Re: Reconacaince of Raidechow - 4/9/2002 11:31:36 PM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gary Tatro
[B]I have played this senario in LV before the patch came out three times recieving 2 DV and 1 MV(my first try).
[/B][/QUOTE]

This was before the first LV patch 1.1 not after the patch, I was rereading my post and noted that this was unclear.

Plus I finished the Senario last night around 3:30 am EST, post patch 1.1 and will be posting my AAR tonight when I get home and have time to finish writing it up. You will have to read it to find out how I did.

Gary

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 7
- 4/10/2002 12:05:02 AM   
skukko

Howdy :)

If interested, I can add here what I've found while doing LV for a year:

German infantry company needs 5 Sovjets Inf company to get balanced game for human playing 'gerries'. If AI gets more companies it will become hectic 'to the last bullet' fight very quickly. Same 1-5 works with tanks before Tigers and Stug-Gs and Pz -IVs with long gun.

From pbem experience: GE Inf CO against US Infantry: 2-1. If US don't use Bazookas and M15s, then they are even.

mosh

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 8
- 4/10/2002 12:30:17 AM   
Tuomas Seijavuori

Let's see... By simple math we can come to the conclusion that 1 yankee can take on 10 Soviets, right? :D What was the ratio for Finns again? ;)

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 9
Radziechow final revisions and T-26 /t-34s - 4/10/2002 12:59:48 AM   
Grenadier

Scen 11 and 12 with the revised tanks back to t-26's is on the Forum. The rest of the fixed t-26 scenarios will be up today, including a few changes to Reconnaissance to Radziechow and The Armys Door Knocker, the battle that normally follows R to R. If you have already played them, the changes make it a bit more of a challenge but no as bad as the t-26/T-34 hybrids.

I got tired of seeing all of these DV on Recon to Radziechow(The correct spelling)
:D

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 10
- 4/10/2002 2:30:34 AM   
skukko

Brent has it right. Sorry for misleading info of scens 11-12. I just mixed patch1# and patch2# ... :(

600 russian dead, 15 Finn casualty. -> Clearing up Motti that had hundreds of bunkers in area 2km X2km at north of Lohilahti, Nov-41. What that makes to formula? :P

mosh

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 11
- 4/10/2002 2:38:13 AM   
Fallschirmjager

[QUOTE]Radziechow(The correct spelling) [/QUOTE]

Screw what the name is I simply refer to the towns as small roadblocks on my way to Krahkov.

The SS that comes in behind me can worry about the names.

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Reconacaince of Raidechow Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI