Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Eternity is really long, especially near the end - FK & CF vs Cap&Tab

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Eternity is really long, especially near the end - FK & CF vs Cap&Tab Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Eternity is really long, especially near the end - FK &... - 8/14/2008 8:24:39 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Hi all - this AAR will in some way follow the activities of a game that Cuttlefish (his Hibiki-ness), and I have taken over from John 3rd.

Since it is running opposite of Cap Mandrake's great AAR, and since we can no longer read that one, I intend to take a rather less serious approach to this AAR than I usually do. I'm hoping Cuttlefish can throw us some of his narrative genius now and then as well, since he doesn't get to write comedy very much in his other well known AAR.

Of course I can't come anywhere near Cap Mandrake's writing, but who cares. I'm here to have fun.

I think John had an AAR for this game at one time. I'll see if I can dig up the link and post it here. Anyone following Mandrake's AAR should have a good idea of what's happening.

And no entrance allowed to either of those two Allied guys I mentioned above.

First post coming up...

EDIT: Here's John's original AAR: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1176064

< Message edited by Feurer Krieg -- 8/14/2008 5:11:05 PM >

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks
Post #: 1
Saigon, Feb 1943 - 8/14/2008 8:28:46 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Saigon, February 13th, 1943 -

General Kawabe, Burma Area Army - Attention please, here is our new leader, General Feurer Krieg.

Gen FK - Listen up, men. Burma is in rough shape. I'd prefer no more suicides as we will need every available body in the upcoming struggle. My staff and I have laid out a plan to regain the initiative in the Burma theater and I will go over the details with you now.

FK starts waving a pointer at some maps on the wall.

Gen FK - Okay, so, these 12 soldiers at Victoria Point are going to set up a roadblock to stop this Indian Division from moving south. Shortly, another 22 soldiers will arrive to help.

Gen Terauchi (Southern Area Army) - Excuse me, General? How many men are in the Indian Division?

Gen FK - Recon indicates approximately 10,000 enemy troops. Don't think about the odds, we have a job to do. The next step in our plans.... (FK continues on with other far fetched and crazy ideas while some of those present whisper to each other)

Gen Hata (Chinese Expeditionary Army) - Say, Gen Kawabe, what is with this new General? Doesn't he seem rather....pale?

Gen Kawabe (BAA) - Yes, I was noticing that as well. His name sounds German. I wonder why he is not Japanese?

Gen Terauchi (SAA) - I think it is because the Emperor wants someone with fresh ideas, so he asked Hitler to send a new theater commander for us.

Gen Hata (CEA) - Rubbish. I think he is probably a Japanese citizen from before the war, but the Academies are getting so desperate for leaders, that they are sending non-native Japanese into Officer School.

Gen Kawabe (BA) - Maybe he was rescued from the British and has now been commissioned into the IJA?

The usually quiet, but very insightful, L. General Shimomura of the Northern Chinese Area Army speaks up to the other three.

LGen Shimomura (NCAA) - You are all wrong. Gen FK is here because of a far more interesting phenomenon.

All three Generals - What?

Shimomura - The Leader Bug.

< Message edited by Feurer Krieg -- 8/14/2008 5:05:59 PM >

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 2
Mukden - 8/15/2008 6:31:24 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Three men sit playing cards on a table outside a small building at an overgrown airfield. One man runs out of cards and happily takes the other mens' money.

A slovenly officer approaches the men.

Major Yamagata, 3rd Transport Chutai: Hey, someone in high command seems to think you guys should do more than play Fan-Tan for the Army. Pack up and prepare to fly out. We're heading to Hanoi.

Pilot #1: Hanoi? Fly? What? You've had too much sake, why would we get orders? We are a transport Chutai, we haven't received orders for over a year!

Pilot #2: Yea, I can't even remember the last time we started the birds up. And they expect us to make three hops in three days?

Yamagata: Hey, I don't make the orders, I just follow them. At least it will be warmer there. Now get moving, and get all the contraband out of the planes - I think we might be hauling some officers out of Akyab, and I don't feel like spending the rest of the war in jail.

A Topsy transport, similar to that flown by the 3rd Transport Chutai

Post #: 3
RE: Mukden - 8/15/2008 6:40:17 AM   
Alikchi2

I'm especially eager to read this and see your take on the situation sir! If you can salvage Burma I'll be amazed.

Post #: 4
RE: Mukden - 8/15/2008 6:42:33 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Yea, so will I!

Salvaging Burma is really a secondary goal at this point. The primary one being to not lose Indochina and Malaya!

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 5
Near term plans - 8/16/2008 7:34:28 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Lots of arrows, but lots of stuff needs to happen. Try to gather in Mandalay, and then depending on situation, fight out to the south, or crawl through the jungle. Maybe, if the stars align, we'll be able to stay and try to hold a frontline at Mandalay, or recapture Rangoon once it falls. That bottom arrow on the map should be red, not yellow. I'm too tired to fix it.

Post #: 6
RE: Near term plans - 8/16/2008 9:11:09 AM   
modrow

Glad to see that a) this game continues and b) now we have two story-telling AARs covering both views on this war. I'm hooked to this AAR already, quite amusing scenes you wrote so far. I hope you will be able to scrap together enough time to keep this up !

Thanks

Hartwig

Post #: 7
RE: Near term plans - 8/16/2008 4:16:22 PM   
FeurerKrieg

Thanks hartwig! I hope I can keep it up as well. I'm eager to see what Cuttlefish can come up with. His 'drama' of Hibiki is so excellent, I'm sure he'll provide us some decent writing here as well. No pressure or anything...

(in reply to modrow)
Post #: 8
RE: Near term plans - 8/16/2008 9:52:24 PM   
FeurerKrieg

Saigon, February 13th, 1943

Messenger: Sir, Colonel Okamoto of 123rd IJA Base Force near Victoria Point reports 4 of his men have become disable due to illness, most likely malaria.

Gen FK: Four men? That's nothing. Given the magnitude of the problems we are currently facing, I don't want to hear about losses unless they are at least 15% of unit stength.

Messenger: Uh, sir, four men of twelve is a 33% casaulty rate.

Gen FK: Hmm, well. I'll need to do something about this. Stand by to dictate a directive to all units in theater.

Post #: 9
RE: Near term plans - 8/16/2008 10:58:50 PM   
AdmNelson

Every transport plane the Japanese have will soon be in IndoChina.

Very Proud Marine Dad

Post #: 10
RE: Near term plans - 8/16/2008 11:28:11 PM   
FeurerKrieg

Indeed, although there seems to be some intra-Chutai disputes on the horizon...

(in reply to AdmNelson)
Post #: 11
No more % - 8/17/2008 12:42:20 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Post #: 12
Someone else's problem... - 8/17/2008 1:28:00 AM   
FeurerKrieg

February 13th, 1943, Dusk, Nielson Airfield, near Manilla.

A clean cut, fine example of an aviation office stands reviewing his orders. Two Kempeitai officers approach him.

Kemp #1: Major Maska! Please come with us!

The three men approach a Ki-57 aircraft in immaculate condition. There are some crates on the ground beside it.

Kemp #1: Major Maska, is this your plane?

Maska: Of course it is, you know my unit is the 6th Transport Chutai.

Kemp #2: Then we must arrest you for possession of illegal goods from our enemy America.

Maska: What are you talking about? I have the finest unit in Army Air Force! (By the looks of his uniform and planes, he was probably correct).

Kemp #1: These crates were found in your plane, therefore they were clearly being transported for smuggling by you or your men.

Kemp #2: Besides, it is common knowledge that all officers in the transport division have some reason for being stuck there. Perhaps you were busted for smuggling before, eh, Major?

Maska: Nonsense! I am one of the best examples of an IJA Aviation Officer there is! Look at this uniform!

Kemp #1: Oooh, sure thing Major. Maybe you can afford a whole staff to keep your planes and uniform looking so good with the money you are making from smuggling!

Kemp #2: Just admit to hauling this whiskey and we can be done with this. You get a reprimand, but you know that is probably it. What did you do to end up in a transport? Did you speak improperly to your CO's daughter?

Maska: No! I will not have anything blemish my record! Look at these medals? Would some common officer have medals like these?

Kemp #1: You probably bribed someone, lousy smuggler.

Kemp #2: Fine - we won't haul you off now, but this discovery will be noted and you can explain yourself to Lt Gen Nobe at 3rd Air Division HQ, since you are under his command now.

Kemp #1: Yea, you'll get to fly for a little while you lucky bastard. 3rd Air Div is stuck in Rangoon at the moment. Maybe you'll get lucky and evacuate Nobe yourself before he demotes you.

Kemp #2: Ha - smuggler. (To Kemp #1)Come on, lets get this whiskey back to the HQ.

Major Maska was indeed an impressive officer. He may well have been a great leader in the fighter or bomber ranks. His military loyalty was second to none. Unfortunately he was fated with a major obstacle to his dreams of being the greatest aviator in Japan. He is a narcoleptic.

Nielson Field

< Message edited by Feurer Krieg -- 8/17/2008 2:52:49 AM >

Post #: 13
RE: Someone else's problem... - 8/17/2008 2:49:20 AM   
FeurerKrieg

February 13th, 1943, Nielsen Airfield

Major Maska: I can promise you this is because of that stupid Yamagata over at 3rd Chutai. That was his damn whiskey, not ours. He's no better than pond scum. Look at his unit! Their pilots are so fat, the planes can barely take off even when they are empty!

Cpt Inoue: I'm sure you are correct, sir.

Maska: Why the hell didn't you check the cargo bay in our plane?!

Inoue: Sir, we took off quickly, and as you know I cannot leave you at the controls unattended due to your...condition.

Maska: Bah, you still should have checked. We could have left this mess back in Mukden where it belongs. The nerve of those slobs! The don't even deserve to be army pilots!

Inoue: We haven't been in action for over a year, sir. Do you really think such adherance to the regulations is needed in the transport corp?

Maska: Listen you, this might not be such a big deal for you, but this is my life. I WILL make it into the cockpit of something that can kill the enemy some day - you watch! For now, we'll see which Chutai proves its worth in a couple days when we make our first runs through the enemy airspace over Moulemein. The Burma Army is counting on pilots like us to save them - don't forget it!

Post #: 14
RE: Someone else's problem... - 8/17/2008 7:06:44 PM   
Cuttlefish

Any hope, they say, is better than none at all. That’s where I come in. I carry a Nambu pistol and a hip flask of whiskey. The pistol is crappy and the whiskey isn’t very good, but then again I’m not much of a detective.

I was sitting in my Tokyo office with my feet up on the desk when this navy type dressed in white came in. He called himself Yamamoto, and he had a case. It seems that a lot of his friends had gone to Australia and hadn’t come back. There was a lot of stuff missing – freighters, destroyers, supplies, that sort of thing. Something bad had gone down out there and he wanted me to get to the bottom of it.

The case smelled worse than sushi that had been left out in the sun, but he had money and my wallet was as flat as a flounder run over by an oxcart. I took the job. Yamamoto gave me a file and a retainer and then left. I went to work. Something told me I might regret it before it was all over, but it beat counting the dead flies on my windowsill one more time.

I grabbed my hat and went down out into the street. I needed information, and the only one I knew who could give it to me was a fellow named Turnfile. It was a strange name but then again he was a strange guy. Buggier than a piece of hardtack sometimes but he usually had the straight dope.

On my way down to the docks it started pouring rain. Perfect. I knew I should have stayed in bed.

Post #: 15
RE: Someone else's problem... - 8/17/2008 7:27:20 PM   
FeurerKrieg

Nice... I can't wait to see where this plot line goes.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 16
Cruisin - 8/18/2008 5:21:46 AM   
FeurerKrieg

February 14th, South China Coastline
It was a nice night to be out on the water, but Ens. Yagi would have much preferred to be back at the base housing in Hong Kong than out here in this rickety boat. He shouldn't complain though, the Daihatsu actually handled pretty well even in choppy water. Good thing, considering he had to take this thing along several hundred miles of coastline. He'd be running this thing nearly nonstop for several days.

But it wasn't the sailing that concerned him, it was what was waiting for him when he rounded the tip of the Malayan Peninsula. There were rumors of some serious setbacks in Burma. From what he had heard his mission to Akyab could well encounter hostile ships and aircraft. If the ships stayed away, he was pretty sure the planes would too. Yagi hadn't been in airplanes much, but he'd guess that old AG-101 would be pretty hard to spot unless you were right down by the water.

Ah, well, he thought. It had been an easy year, and the Navy wasn't paying him to take it easy.

14m Daihatsu Class

Post #: 17
RE: Cruisin - 8/18/2008 5:35:47 AM   
FeurerKrieg

February 14th, Saigon

Staffer: Sir, the Ki-21 Sentai that landed at Pagan last night is gone.

Gen FK: Gone? You mean like you can't find it? Like, 'Hey, my shoes are gone, I could swear I left them right here!' type gone, or like really gone, like the way one sock is always missing from a pair when you take them out of the washing tub?

Staffer: Uh, no sir, gone like 'Hey, my shoes were here, but then 170 heavy bombers dropped hundreds of bombs on them and now the shoes are gone'.

Gen FK: Crap. Make sure when you send this back to Imperial HQ, you don't mentioned any percentages. Mention the losses at 22 lost airplanes of the several hundred under my command. Sounds much better you know. And get me a clean pair of socks.

< Message edited by Feurer Krieg -- 8/18/2008 4:54:25 PM >

Post #: 18
RE: Cruisin - 8/18/2008 9:18:43 AM   
gladiatt

Once more like that and you'll get to the level of Cap Mandrake !!

Post #: 19
RE: Cruisin - 8/18/2008 4:57:13 PM   
FeurerKrieg

Thanks, gladiatt, but I don't think anyone can top Mandrake for humorous writing. Best I can hope for is a close second.

Besides, I have to feed the withdrawal I'm going through not being able to read Mandrake's AAR.

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 20
Change of Command - 8/18/2008 6:51:18 PM   
Cuttlefish

I was beginning to get the picture, and it wasn’t pretty. It was a numbers racket, and the mob called the Allies had the numbers. My client had tried to muscle in on their turf. It had worked for a while, I guess they hadn’t taken the guy in the white suit seriously enough, but now they were pushing back – hard.

If I didn’t do something fast things were going to get uglier than a Phyllis Diller look-alike contest. A lot of guys were already pushing up daisies, guys named Junyo, Hiyo, and Soryu, Hibiki had been given a pair of cement overshoes and sent for a swim off of Perth. Someone was going to pay for that one, ‘cause Hibiki was a friend of mine.

Worst of all, someone had cut the head off the Japanese Army in Burma and mailed it back to Tokyo in a box. I called in my partner, Feurer Krieg, to check that one out. He grabbed some quinine tablets and headed off into the jungle. He was a brave guy. Too brave. I gave him about the same chance to make it as a tabby cat at a Rottweiler convention.

Yamamoto had bitten off more than he could chew and now it was time to pay the piper. But he’d hired me to do a job and I was going to try and do it. I packed a bag and bought a ticket to Port Moresby. One way. I didn’t think I’d be coming back.

---

Taking over a game in the right in the middle is kind of interesting. For a Japanese player it’s a lot like running the first turn of the game, except that you don’t know where anything is to start with. It is also educational. Things have been done completely differently in this game than I would have done them. In some cases it’s like “Hey, that’s clever, I never thought of doing that before.” In others it’s more like “Oh my god, what were they thinking?” Both ways there are lessons to be learned that give me a chance to improve my skills as a player.

I am just going to give some quick first impressions of the situation in the Pacific at the moment. Look for some more detailed information, screenshots and etc., in the near future.

It is February 1943. Japan controls an impressive amount of territory in the Pacific. Cap Mandrake had posted a good map showing who controls what shortly before I had to stop reading his AAR, so I will refer the curious there for the moment.

But there are serious problems:

- Supply levels are low almost everywhere, especially in Japan. This is compounded by a crippling shortage of AKs. There is at the moment not a single AK in the Home Islands. Not one.

- There are not enough troops to establish a good defensive perimeter. What little there is to spare is all on the way to the CBI theater. The units lost at Perth are sorely missed.

- The Imperial Navy is beaten up and worn out. Capital ship losses are not too bad – three of the smaller fleet carriers, two battleships, and a fair number of cruisers have been lost, but the core remains intact, though most important ships are suffering from battle damage or high system damage. Most of the fleet is in Japan and a month of R&R will cure most of their woes. The real problem is a serious shortage of destroyers. Many of these vital ships have been lost.

My own style of play as Japan is very careful, relying on defense in depth and conservation of forces. This game has been played in a much more wide open fashion. I am going to have to learn new tricks and new tactics to put up a good fight here. Mostly what I need is time. In a one on one game I would have some hope that the debacle in Burma would keep my opponent’s attention elsewhere while I reorganize the forces in the Pacific, but it’s a two on two game and I doubt Tabpub intends to give me the time. I wouldn’t, if it were me - the period immediately after a change of command is an ideal time to strike. We will see what happens.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 21
RE: Change of Command - 8/18/2008 7:03:09 PM   
thegreatwent

quote:

The case smelled worse than sushi that had been left out in the sun, but he had money and my wallet was as flat as a flounder run over by an oxcart.

Raymond Chandler would have been proud of that sentence.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 22
RE: Change of Command - 8/18/2008 7:32:33 PM   
cantona2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cuttlefish

I was beginning to get the picture, and it wasn’t pretty. It was a numbers racket, and the mob called the Allies had the numbers. My client had tried to muscle in on their turf. It had worked for a while, I guess they hadn’t taken the guy in the white suit seriously enough, but now they were pushing back – hard.

If I didn’t do something fast things were going to get uglier than a Phyllis Diller look-alike contest. A lot of guys were already pushing up daisies, guys named Junyo, Hiyo, and Soryu, Hibiki had been given a pair of cement overshoes and sent for a swim off of Perth. Someone was going to pay for that one, ‘cause Hibiki was a friend of mine.

Worst of all, someone had cut the head off the Japanese Army in Burma and mailed it back to Tokyo in a box. I called in my partner, Feurer Krieg, to check that one out. He grabbed some quinine tablets and headed off into the jungle. He was a brave guy. Too brave. I gave him about the same chance to make it as a tabby cat at a Rottweiler convention.

Yamamoto had bitten off more than he could chew and now it was time to pay the piper. But he’d hired me to do a job and I was going to try and do it. I packed a bag and bought a ticket to Port Moresby. One way. I didn’t think I’d be coming back.

---

Taking over a game in the right in the middle is kind of interesting. For a Japanese player it’s a lot like running the first turn of the game, except that you don’t know where anything is to start with. It is also educational. Things have been done completely differently in this game than I would have done them. In some cases it’s like “Hey, that’s clever, I never thought of doing that before.” In others it’s more like “Oh my god, what were they thinking?” Both ways there are lessons to be learned that give me a chance to improve my skills as a player.

I am just going to give some quick first impressions of the situation in the Pacific at the moment. Look for some more detailed information, screenshots and etc., in the near future.

It is February 1943. Japan controls an impressive amount of territory in the Pacific. Cap Mandrake had posted a good map showing who controls what shortly before I had to stop reading his AAR, so I will refer the curious there for the moment.

But there are serious problems:

- Supply levels are low almost everywhere, especially in Japan. This is compounded by a crippling shortage of AKs. There is at the moment not a single AK in the Home Islands. Not one.

- There are not enough troops to establish a good defensive perimeter. What little there is to spare is all on the way to the CBI theater. The units lost at Perth are sorely missed.

- The Imperial Navy is beaten up and worn out. Capital ship losses are not too bad – three of the smaller fleet carriers, two battleships, and a fair number of cruisers have been lost, but the core remains intact, though most important ships are suffering from battle damage or high system damage. Most of the fleet is in Japan and a month of R&R will cure most of their woes. The real problem is a serious shortage of destroyers. Many of these vital ships have been lost.

My own style of play as Japan is very careful, relying on defense in depth and conservation of forces. This game has been played in a much more wide open fashion. I am going to have to learn new tricks and new tactics to put up a good fight here. Mostly what I need is time. In a one on one game I would have some hope that the debacle in Burma would keep my opponent’s attention elsewhere while I reorganize the forces in the Pacific, but it’s a two on two game and I doubt Tabpub intends to give me the time. I wouldn’t, if it were me - the period immediately after a change of command is an ideal time to strike. We will see what happens.

a friend to all of us CF including self confessed AFB's like myself

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 23
RE: Someone else's problem... - 8/18/2008 8:14:12 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

I carry a Nambu pistol and a hip flask of whiskey. The pistol is crappy and the whiskey isn’t very good, but then again I’m not much of a detective.

I was sitting in my Tokyo office with my feet up on the desk when this navy type dressed in white came in. He called himself Yamamoto, and he had a case. It seems that a lot of his friends had gone to Australia and hadn’t come back. There was a lot of stuff missing – freighters, destroyers, supplies, that sort of thing. Something bad had gone down out there and he wanted me to get to the bottom of it.

Pretty good -- even if you are lifting it from the "Calvin and Hobbes" comics.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 24
Intelligence - 8/19/2008 7:16:24 PM   
FeurerKrieg

February 14, 1943, Saigon

Gen FK: He said what?

Intelligence Officer: Our operative in Karachi says that the British Command has a large map of the theater they do their planning on, and if we have planes in an airbase, they place a red airfield symbol on that base in the morning, BEFORE they issue orders to their bomber groups.

FK: That means they must have agents of their own at or near all of our airbases.

IO: That would be my guess, sir.

FK: Do these 'symbols' indicate how many planes are at the base?

IO: Not clear sir, it seems that there might be a couple levels of quantity measurement, but that even low amounts cause them to place a symbol.

FK: And then they bomb the bases that have symbols?

IO: It would seem so.

FK: What if we only have one plane at a base?

IO: It gets a symbol.

FK: Excellent, I think we can use this to our advantage. One more question - why don't we get similar information on the enemy airfields?

IO: Not clear, but we suspect it has something to do with an order issued by an unofficial intelligence source in Tokyo name Turnfile.

FK: Yes, I've heard of him from my partner, Cuttlefish. I see. So by the Order of Turnfile, the Allies have gained an intelligence advantage over us. Oh well, no one ever said war had to be fair.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 25
RE: Intelligence - 8/19/2008 7:28:44 PM   
cantona2

alls fair in love and war lol

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Post #: 26
Sake - 8/19/2008 9:36:31 PM   
FeurerKrieg

February 14th, 1943, Bach Mai Airfield near Hanoi.

Major Maska: How did 3rd Chutai get here before us?

Cpt Inoue: You were asleep when the other Chutai's were leaving, sir.

Major Maska: Why didn't you wake me?!

Cpt Inoue: I tried, sir. You were noneresponsive.

Meanwhile, at the makeshift officers club...

Major Yamagata: This sake isn't bad at all! Glad we heard about the shortage. That's that hardest I've pushed that old 57 in a long time. I was going to relax at Manilla longer and let those suckers in 6th Chutai make sure the airfield was safe for us, but a sake shortage is something we can't sit still for - right men?!

Other 3rd Transport Chutai pilots in the 'club' holler and make known their agreement.

Bartender: Well, you lot got the last of it, that's for sure. Not sure when more is coming in, all the cargo ships have been sent southwest from what I can tell to pick up war materials. And the transports coming from the home land are all full of tanks from the 1st and 6th Reserve Regiments.

Yamagata: Why can't they just fill the tanks with sake bottles? Seems like that would be a better use of space.

Bartender: Got me, but I'm sure they have more important things to pack in there than whiskey. The war isn't looking good out here.

Yamagata: Yea, so I heard. Don't matter much to me, Scotch whiskey tastes just fine.

Bartender: You better not say that too loud around here, you're liabile to get picked up by the Kempeitai for disloyalty.

Yamagata: Ah, they don't scare me. I'll just tell them Maska in 6th Chutai made me say it. I heard he got busted for smuggling whiskey, so they already are looking for an excuse to haul him in. Would be good too, that guy is waaaayy to serious.

Bartender: All the same, you're a lot closer to the front than you were two days ago, and you better watch your tongue around here.

Yamagata: Yea, yea. Don't you worry - I'll do my job. Sometimes being adverse to death has its advantages when your job is to remove soldiers from bad situations. And I can run away better than most. That idiot Maska would probably try to ram an enemy fighter just for the glory of it - never mind the 11 soldiers in his plane.

< Message edited by Feurer Krieg -- 8/19/2008 9:43:42 PM >

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 27
Feb 15th - 8/21/2008 7:02:56 AM   
FeurerKrieg

February 15th, 1943, Saigon

Gen FK: So what bases in Malaya can support our aircraft?

HQ Staffer: Georgetown, sir.

FK: That's it? What about Singapore?

Staffer: There is a command staff there, but no mechanics. All the other bases in Malaya are completely empty.

FK: For the love of chocolate, where can we pull some mechanics from? What about these two units at Waingapu? What is their status?

Staffer: Sir, both units are thoroughly prepared to defend Saigon. 100% ready!

FK: (smacks forehead) Okay - look at the map - are they near Saigon? NO! Order the 135th IJA Base Force up to Singapore, and tell the 125th IJNAF Base Force to study some maps related to the base they are at - Waingapu!

Staffer: Certainly, sir, but are you sure you want to throw away all the time and effort they put into preparing to fight at Saigon?

FK: Please leave or I will fully prepare you for front line duty.

< Message edited by Feurer Krieg -- 8/21/2008 7:11:56 AM >

Post #: 28
RE: Feb 15th - 8/21/2008 7:20:48 AM   
FeurerKrieg

February 15th, 1943, Bangkok

Major General Kizuka (temporarily in command of 3rd Air Div until General Nobe is evacuated from Rangoon): Correct, I want 64th Fighter Sentai to fly into Singapore.

Staffer: Sir, you are aware their are no air support units in Singapore?

Kizuka: Well aware. Theater Command is implementing a new strategy based on reports regarding enemy intelligence. Apparently, as long as we have any plane at a base, the enemy will think we have planes there. They won't necessarily know that they are, as in the 64th's case, obsolete planes with flight school trainees behind the stick. Whereas, if the base is left empty, they will know it is undefended and might bomb the ships we have in port there.

Staffer: Very good sir. So will the 64th be flying any missions?

Kizuka: Nope, they just need to be there. The enemy's secret agents will do the rest for us.

< Message edited by Feurer Krieg -- 8/21/2008 7:05:22 PM >

Post #: 29
Like oil and water - 8/22/2008 5:46:28 AM   
FeurerKrieg

February 15th, 1943, Hanoi

Cpt Inoue: That wasn't too bad sir. Not an enemy aircraft in sight. Plus now we can say we have actually flown a combat mission.

Major Maska: Boring if you ask me. And our planes are a mess now, and we have orders to fly everyday. Those soldier sure are a messy bunch.

Inoue: I imagine we should cut them some slack, they have been stuck in Akyab for a long time.

Maska: They could still show some courtesy. Be sure to have Officer Makino clean out my plane when he is finished with his.

----------------------------------------------
Major Yamagata: That mission was easy!

Major Itaya: Yea, especially since we didn't fly it! Ha-ha-ha!!

Major Chojiro: Rank has its privileges!

The three Majors of 3rd Chutai share a nice laugh and continue to spend the evening relaxing.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Eternity is really long, especially near the end - FK & CF vs Cap&Tab Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI