Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japan Replenishment TF

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Japan Replenishment TF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japan Replenishment TF - 8/22/2008 1:47:07 AM   
GreasyLake

From my research I am getting the feeling the Japanese CVE's are not capable of replenishing aircraft to CV'S the same as the Allied ones do. Is this correct?

Big B 1.4 Mod, scene 192. A couple of the CVE I currently have in Aug 42 will not seem to load any type of aircraft. (decoy sitting duck duty???) Do the CVE's that later arrive carrying air groups on them work as a replenishment craft?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance.

Looking for something faster and better than flying in a new datai from long distance to bring fighter strength back up quickly.
Post #: 1
RE: Japan Replenishment TF - 8/22/2008 2:26:10 AM   
Nomad

The problem would probably be that Japan does not get the replenishment airgroups that the USN gets on some of its CVEs. That would keep it from being usable in a repleneshment TF.

They should be able to load aircraft though, not sure why you can't. The normal mission would be as an aircraft ferry.

(in reply to GreasyLake)
Post #: 2
RE: Japan Replenishment TF - 8/22/2008 10:18:19 PM   
John 3rd

USE those CVEs!  Load them with 2 Daitai of Fighters and 1 Daitai of DB/TB and send them out raiding.  I group of 3 CVEs would have 54 Zeros and 27 Strike planes.  That is enough to cause a little bit of trouble...

If you get into 1943/1944 make them simply Fighter CVEs.  A group of 6 CVEs would have over 150 Zeros to add for CAP and/or Strike missions.  THAT is a big help.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 3
RE: Japan Replenishment TF - 8/22/2008 11:14:19 PM   
Q-Ball

John 3rd has good suggestions.  Don't put them anywhere they can get attacked though, doesn't take much to send them to the bottom.

Pair them with CS Mizuho to do your search, a good use of that otherwise too-slow-to-be-useful ship.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 4
RE: Japan Replenishment TF - 8/24/2008 10:24:34 PM   
GreasyLake

Thank you all for the useful info. Found building them uses merchant points versus naval.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Japan Replenishment TF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI