Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Definitive oil - any help?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Definitive oil - any help? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Definitive oil - any help? - 8/26/2008 11:41:15 AM   
Bromley

Just trying to get my head around oil, aside from the fact that there just doesn't seem enough for even basic play. I.e. I'm out of it despite operating and not building any armour (instead building 7 fuel-and-manpower efficient motorised corps), with only 1 new fighter and 1 new tac. My navy's been active in the South Atlantic though, so that's not helped.

Anyway, can someone clear the following up for me please. The manual says:

1. "Each country has a base Oil Production Value." Presumably it means just the majors (i.e. for the Axis Germany & Italy but not Romania, Finland etc. [EDIT - confirmed]). Any ideas what these are?

2. "Three Oil Points for every Prodcution Point generated at an oil field." So that's 15 for Ploesti.

3. "A countries Inductrial Capacity modifies this Oil Production up or down." Is the German IC used to modify Ploesti [EDIT - Yes], or is that Romanian and therefore not modded? Anyone know what the effect of IC increases is?

Final question is about the Economy Statistics page. It says Oil 28 (+39), which is odd as I've not moved/attacked/bought anything and ended last turn with zero oil reserves. So either something takes oil just to maintain or that 39 is not the oil increase I receive every turn (in which case, what is it) [EDIT - Pretty certain that this is going on defensive actions - good way for the Wallies/Soviets to paralyse the Axis].

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Oil problems sorted:
(1) Don't ground attack with fighters, unless it's to take Paris a turn early.
(2) Do go for the Iraqi oil field
After my motorised corps were paralysed in the Russian winter, I noticed that the manpower requirement for 1 armour and 2 corps is the same as for three motorised corps. Likewise the same oil requirement, but it's easier to operate a single armour than three motorised corps.

< Message edited by Bromley -- 8/29/2008 12:10:19 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Definitive oil - any help? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI