Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Italian Surrender

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> Italian Surrender Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italian Surrender - 8/26/2008 2:48:30 PM   
Mickrocks201

Using the 1.2.0.1 patch as UK/USA against AXIS AI, I landed in Italy and was met by a combined force of Italian and some strong german units (which was good to see). I cut off the German Armor Corps in Foggia (it was still in supply) and worked my way to take Rome - hoping to cause a surrender of the Italian army so I can concentrate on the strong german forces arrayed before me. BUT to my surprise when Italy surrendered ALL of the German (and even a Vichy unit) were gone from Italy and ALL the Italian cities were now British controlled.

I know that this was what was hoped for in the original allied plans, but we all know it is not what happened in the war. Does not seem very realistic or challenging. I am now sweeping up thru Vichy France from the south in fall of 1942.
Post #: 1
RE: Italian Surrender - 8/26/2008 6:04:40 PM   
JMass

I am working on a Scenario 1940 mod and I would also add an event about Republic of Salò to divide Italy in two parts.

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

(in reply to Mickrocks201)
Post #: 2
RE: Italian Surrender - 8/26/2008 7:12:01 PM   
Mickrocks201

It would make sense to have all territory currently under Italian to revert to German control when Italy surrenders...  if there are no german units to defend ther territory, so be it, but at least force the Allies to capture the rest of Italy instead of being awarded it.

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 3
RE: Italian Surrender - 8/26/2008 7:48:43 PM   
JMass

quote:

ORIGINAL: mickrocks

It would make sense to have all territory currently under Italian to revert to German control when Italy surrenders... 

I think the engine permits only to convert default hexes.

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

(in reply to Mickrocks201)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> Italian Surrender Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI