Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reconnaissance of Radziechow let me know what you think.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Reconnaissance of Radziechow let me know what you think. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reconnaissance of Radziechow let me know what you think. - 4/10/2002 11:09:52 PM   
Gary Tatro

ARR Reconnassance to Radziechow comments, likes, dislikes, suggestions. Let me know what you think?

Um sorry I was trying to post this in the Mega Campaigns for SPWAW tree and it showed up here.

But that does bring up a question, can we post to the subtrees or do all are post show up in the main section and then have to be moved?

Also if you have not read my AAR, read it in the Mega Campaigns SPWAW subtree and let me know what you think. I know that it is long but it was a very big battle. :)

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"
Post #: 1
- 4/11/2002 12:09:13 AM   
Supervisor

How's that?:D

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 2
- 4/11/2002 8:20:00 AM   
Drex

This was one of the best AARs I've ever read. Since I am playing this battle now (differently though) it really excited me. I think this is what AARs are all about and of course Gary has the literary talent to create some atmosphere here. I have no criticisms except one minor one when in his narrative he let slip the word "turn" . If it hadn't been for this I wouldn't have thought about it as a game but as a story.

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 3
- 4/12/2002 1:44:18 AM   
Tiger

My approach was somewhat different. I did move as quickly as possible to secure the town, and by turn 8 had secured the victory hexes east of the town. I supported the infantry with 8cm mortar and Pz's. The Sov's counterattacked with one available KV-1 and about 9 sqd's of infantry, which were easily rebuffed. I then took whatever inf/armor I could spare and swung south towards the 3 Sov victory hexes.

I moved all the available armor positioned to the South on top of the ridge. Foolhardy, I know, but I figured with a higher rate of fire than the Sov. armor I could at least suppress the more lethal guns and move in for the kill. With the combination from the Pz's, the 7.5cm, 10.5cm, and 3.7 pak guns I managed to put quite a dent into Ivan's armor. I spent the first 8 turns picking off the lighter armored vehicles, then moved in and polished off the remaining KV-1's & T-34's.

I'm into turn 12, I'll be getting back to the game tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I ain't no golden boy,
ain't no Grecian dancer,
and I ain't no loud mouth cowboy from the West...
I'm not the kind of man with all the answers, but I surely know the songs that suit me best.... LL

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 4
Good one! - 4/27/2002 1:51:14 AM   
voyrep

Great reading I must say and exciting too!

One little thing to fix in your next one
Don't use terms like: front armor 60 side armor 50 and so on
I kind of takes the "real story feeling" away

Good AAR's are always interesting to read especially when the author has put so much effort in as you clearly have.

Thanks!

Voyrep

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Reconnaissance of Radziechow let me know what you think. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI