Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Result and analyses

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Result and analyses Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Result and analyses - 10/15/2008 9:03:27 AM   
hjaco

A great AAR and game from the two of you. Most games should be as tight and exciting as yours surely have been.

When it becomes obvious for the CP player that he can not win an outright victory he needs to adapt to the fluid endgame situation.

Your analysis and conclusions are correct. Trench warfare from late 17' onwards will be futile. High tech artillery in judiciously amounts and fresh troops for counterattack is what you need. Hot spots in the frontline should be defended lightly but with enough forces that your opponent must make a serious effort. A theory of mine is to defend with cavalry in contested areas?

Anyway a serious effort must be made in technology. You can't allow yourself to get two levels behind in air tech - one tech level can be manageable. Assault troops are a must to still be a possible strategic threat all over the map.

Even if CP don't go for France they should make a serious effort to cause an exhaustion level upon the French (see my notes in the tips thread) to make your hightech artillery really work against the French. Handling the Brits and behemoth Yanks will still be a serious challenge though.

(in reply to geoffreyg)
Post #: 91
RE: Result and analyses - 10/15/2008 9:14:56 AM   
hjaco

Oh and hopefully Ulver in the future will continue playing while the fat lady is still singing

And about scoring its important to base a strategy upon the fact that your points are being halved with each passing year. No hard facts are known about how the final score are being calculated but in your game keeping AH in the fray and a concentrated effort by the CP to conquer holland should have tipped the scale not to mention keeping Germany alive off course

I think more end game experience would make these goals achievable?

(in reply to hjaco)
Post #: 92
RE: Result and analyses - 10/15/2008 9:17:11 AM   
hjaco

quote:

ORIGINAL: ulver

The final tally shows some surprising results such as Germany seeking an armistice, casualties jumping by several millions and Belgium suddenly being unconquered?

That indicates a scoring bug with a Belgium calculated alive on the Entente side?

(in reply to ulver)
Post #: 93
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Result and analyses Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI