Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What does it take to get support

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> RE: What does it take to get support Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/9/2008 11:29:35 PM   
marcbarker

I would like to here from Matrix Technical Support if you will I bought the software from them. I would appreciate it. Thank you for the response but again you do not work for Matrix

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 31
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 12:29:54 AM   
marcbarker

Jason, when my system gets CTD from turn 3 on a DCG that is when enough is enough. I bought this game early in august. Had issues with it. There has been how many updates since then. 1.03 1.04a 1.04b Maual Updates etc. It is on the personal updates. If you click update on the main screen nothing happens. To me there is some disconnect. Not saying you did anything wrong but like I said in previous post there is a time when Matrix needs to step in and take care of its customer base. MATRIX is the sole company responsible not jason and the beta brigade. There are several issues that they need to address. I noticed there is a no refund policy so that is out of the question. So I expect the technical support that is sold with the software. I have legitimate issues with compatibility and clearly it states it is compatible. Also they really need to look at the logistics as to how to properly update software and revise paper copies. Forums is a great source for user inspired scenario, little tweaks that make the game more enjoyable bu not a beta test team that drives a software direction without accepting the good things as well as the bad.

It has been my experience in programming and yes I am a CAD Programmer in C++ as well as basic and UNIX. You have to have a game plan and have it in place with well thought out benchmarks as well as action plans that drive what does and does not get updated. All i wanted was just ask a few simple questions.

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

Post #: 32
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 12:51:07 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: barker
There has been how many updates since then. 1.03 1.04a 1.04b Maual Updates etc.

1.03 UPDATE was an official update.

1.04a and 1.04b are BETA updates, essentially previews of what is coming with 1.04.

1.04 UPDATE has not officially been released and hence it doesn't work with the "UPDATE" button on the main menu. When it is, it should.

Jason Petho

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 33
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 7:52:33 AM   
marcbarker

So that will be 4 updates in a month....ok not every day but everyweek on avg.....

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

Post #: 34
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 7:56:27 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

So that will be 4 updates in a month....ok not every day but everyweek on avg.....

"Life's tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 35
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 9:46:44 AM   
Flickjax

Regarding my issue, i have emailed support yesterday morning, no reply as yet. I will try and talk with Eric via a PM.

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 36
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 9:57:22 AM   
marcbarker

Is it stupid to ask for a service that you purchase with a product? Ok....buy something at walmart for 39.00...it doesn't work...or you have to take it apart to tweak something....then take it apart again...put it back together....a month goes by you go and try to take it back after you have taken it apart or broken the seals if you will...will they take it back or give you a refund or say sorry you have voided the warranty by trying to fix it yourself? Now another instance is it stupid when you buy an extended service plan...expect service on that plan and never get it...stupid for the consumer or the company?

I take great offense by the quote from you as referring me as stupid, for one thing dude, I write computer programs for an aerospace company, I make hellacious money, I also do technical support for CAD software, I jumped out of airplanes and dodged death from above is that stupid?

Is it stuupid to expect a reasonable amount of service with a purchase?
Is it stupid to expect help from a highly touted customer service freindly company?
Is it stupid to keep doing this trying to get a response from a company that probably will not answer your technical questions concerning products that you purchase?

It is one thing to villify me for expecting what I purchase and a totally different when you call me stupid.....this is a freindly forum and I am not going to justify my actions to users who thinks that hteir the gods of a forum or the quintessential authority on a particular software platform.....what type of degree  or degreees do you have anyways?

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to Flickjax)
Post #: 37
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 12:01:44 PM   
Marc von Martial

Though not my field of responsibility, I will bump this issues up to the people in charge. Sorry.

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 38
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 12:02:26 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

Is it stupid to ask for a service that you purchase with a product?

Let's recap :

1) This is the tech user-to-user forum.
2) At the top it says "For official support, read this message"
3) Someone comes in here arrogantly demanding "support" for something that at best can be described as whining about features that aren't in a particular game. He fails to produce even a single *technical* question, even after getting asked repeatedly.

Calling someone like that simply dumb is giving him the benefit of the doubt ... you're kindly invited to Usenet's unmoderated war-historical newsgroup where I'll tell you *exactly* what I think you are.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 39
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 12:19:16 PM   
marcbarker

Are you a poaid technical consultant on contract with matrix? I noticed in other threads within this same forum Matrix Official support is there so why not with my vista issues

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 40
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 12:21:52 PM   
marcbarker

Also Eddy, I don't mind getting user support at all but arrigance is not my expertise sounds as though you know quite a bit about it though. Really the issues I have are with Matrix and nit the user arena. If No answers are had after going through the process then YES i will post on here. All I want is eother my money back or the issues fixed. That simple. That stupid. That Arrogant

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 41
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 12:23:05 PM   
marcbarker

PM me hoss I have no issue with that or even in email. I have no problems with you speaking your mind

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 42
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 1:06:17 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

Are you a poaid technical consultant on contract with matrix?

No.

I'm just another gamer in a tech user-to-user forum wondering why someone here can't fathom that his "support" questions aren't tech user-to-user. And is unable to ask a tech question, yet keeps posting in here.

I can only explain it to you, dude, I can't comprehend it for you.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 43
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 1:46:20 PM   
marcbarker

tech issue: vista scrolling while in game....map turns white no hexes
tech issue - main startup crash machine - locks up
tech issue - map editor does not work properly when activate after game is started, egxecutable starts fine when activate individually. white flash problems still exost either way
tech issue - while in a dcg west front  - player german turn 3, 4 5 or randome ctd background stay olive drab, has to reboot to correct
tech issue - order of battle editor  - rising sun lock up and does not recognise russian order of battle so therefore will not initialize other.
tech issue - on install , fatal system error returning to desktop would you like to report error to micorsoft, answered yes, no solution
tech support issue - direct x compatibility issue vista uses 10
tech support issue - program variation from purchased to updated version under user supplied. files that were unlocked are now encrytpted. this was done after the purchase by 1 day.
tech support issue - nvidia sli crash when switching 3d to 2d mode - could be a direct x issue or vista
hence incompatibilty issues with vista that requres Matrix to support not users. The code for hooks need to change that read x.dll's
tech issue - games do not save properly and files get corrupt.
tech issue - tcip/ip does not recognise a vpn network
tech issue - check sum error on install

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 44
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 1:55:23 PM   
marcbarker

if you would care to know when i get home i can give the exact error with code and dll crash analysis. There are some other issues but those are user wants not and I repeat not technical issues with the game engine like these are

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 45
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 2:00:59 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

tech issue: vista scrolling while in game....map turns white no hexes
tech issue - main startup crash machine - locks up
tech issue - map editor does not work properly when activate after game is started, egxecutable starts fine when activate individually. white flash problems still exost either way
tech issue - while in a dcg west front  - player german turn 3, 4 5 or randome ctd background stay olive drab, has to reboot to correct
tech issue - order of battle editor  - rising sun lock up and does not recognise russian order of battle so therefore will not initialize other.
tech issue - on install , fatal system error returning to desktop would you like to report error to micorsoft, answered yes, no solution
tech support issue - direct x compatibility issue vista uses 10
tech support issue - program variation from purchased to updated version under user supplied. files that were unlocked are now encrytpted. this was done after the purchase by 1 day.
tech support issue - nvidia sli crash when switching 3d to 2d mode - could be a direct x issue or vista
hence incompatibilty issues with vista that requres Matrix to support not users. The code for hooks need to change that read x.dll's
tech issue - games do not save properly and files get corrupt.
tech issue - tcip/ip does not recognise a vpn network
tech issue - check sum error on install

Please pick the response below which you feel is most appropriate in your case :

1) I'm sorry, could you point out where your tech support issues are which could be solved by another gamer in a tech support gamer-to-gamer forum, because all I see are game-specific issues which can only be solved by the devs of the game - if at all - if replicatable and if not a WAD.

2) LOL - ok, I admit it, you had me there for a while, but now you've overdone the prank : "tech issue - on install , fatal system error returning to desktop would you like to report error to micorsoft, answered yes, no solution" - ROTFL - overall magnificent attempt, but this one got you busted, nobody is so stupid he'll answer "yes" to that question. Should have kept it for April 1 for maximum impact.

3) You still here ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 46
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 2:25:29 PM   
marcbarker

I did get that error on first attempt to install from digital download. After the file downloaded and dbl vlicked it got where you type in the info and then proceed.....it got approx 35% then locked then i got the error.....that is no prank my friend....

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 47
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 2:31:25 PM   
marcbarker

I do believe in my honest opinion alot of the problem arises from direct x incompatibilty issues ....do you know if by chance they did the program to a more generic graphic display thing like OpenGL? that could be the reason for some of it

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 48
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 2:34:42 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

I did get that error on first attempt to install from digital download. After the file downloaded and dbl vlicked it got where you type in the info and then proceed.....it got approx 35% then locked then i got the error.....that is no prank my friend....

Ok, you picked 2)

For your next challenge fill out the following form :

1) What is the technical term for an error which can't be replicated and can't even be verified if it ever happened at all ?

a) a non-issue
b) a waste of time
c) a Bill Gates problem

2) How can the above error be fixed ?

a) Hit user to continue
b) Charge user $5 per minute for wasting your time
c) Make fun of user until he "gets" it

Eagerly awaiting your response,

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 49
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 2:45:29 PM   
marcbarker

Didyou not break the rules bud for antagonizing oh almighty god of the world of techies..in this forum..did you get your degree in computers from MIT (Moronic Individual Totaitarion) U? Here is your problem and I will keep posting my issues as you see them being stupid, In my case a waste of 39.00 for a useless game that works when it wants to much like the tech support. How many computer programs do you use...notepad, wordpad, maybe excel...ooooohhhhh I am so afraid of your knowledge base that I feel so so so intimidated. Well here is a little background for me:
Jeff State Computer science, Miami University Mech Engineer, Ross and Assoc - Deveopers certification C++, Unix Developer Certification, Certified Basic Program, Bentley Certifed Advanced Trainer as wel as Programer, Certified CCATIA, AutoCAD, Microstation, CCD Mentor Graphics, Employee of the Month, Major Aerospace Company. 3 Patents and 5 Copywrites on Data Translation Software, Als I co Developed a peice of software called circuit flash for avionics wiring diagrams........... I think I know what Customer Support supposed to do that accompanies software. I am so Glad that you chose this line of work...free consultatin in game design, as well as the Business Planning of Game Developement.

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 50
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 3:04:45 PM   
Marc von Martial

Warning to both of you. Stop it now or you go both on a two weeks forum vacation.

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 51
RE: What does it take to get support - 9/10/2008 3:05:09 PM   
Marc von Martial

Thread locked also

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 52
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> RE: What does it take to get support Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI